Ok my company (Local Government) does NOT have a BES. We use Groupwise and Groupwise has a web interface. Is there a way to use the "BIS" to connect to the web interface of our Groupwise email-kinda like it does with my Yahoo account?
    Last edited by dgarzoli; 01-25-09 at 09:39 PM.
    01-25-09 09:31 PM
    I also have been trying to figure this out since the day I got my storm. Just found a post and it explained it so i could understand it. Go to the Groupwise toolbar
    Select TOOLS then RULES
    Then check item type email box
    Then in the dropdown select forward to
    then type your other email address. If you dont have another set up a yahoo or any other account and then run that account thru your BBerry
    02-09-09 05:05 PM
    I just got my blackberry on Saturday with the hopes of using it for personal and work emails- my work does not have BES- is there no way of getting groupwise emails without routing them through a personal account? because when you respond to those emails they will say they are from personal emails right?
    02-17-09 02:35 PM
    Well, my company uses Groupwise as well. We have acces here at work and can log in on the net. BUT... It is a BES and you cannot access it unless you are using their BES.

I would bet your situation is the same thing.
    02-17-09 02:46 PM
    Hi, I am the network admin for my company, (local government or K-12 education). We were never able to afford the BES in the beginning, and never really wanted to, just because of cost alone. Well, when the storm came out, they offered a 5 user license for free to customers using GROUPWISE ONLY. It stinks that its limited to 5, but you can expand to 15, without having to purchase their equipment. Meaning, you use a server you already have and manage it that way. We only have 2 of us on the BES currently, and plan to expand to the 15 eventually. After 5, I think the cost is 100 bucks per user, which is quite reasonable.

check out their website, they also give you ONE free tech support call. Which, in some cases you might need it...It is very easy, and I would be willing to help out if needed.
    Hope this helps,
    Corey P
    02-17-09 04:07 PM
    i just point the browser on my berry to the web access address. Log in with my usual Groupwise credentials and I have all my mail.

Does that not work for everyone?

We are in the process of installing a BES..and i can tell you it has been a pain so far. Sprint has not been much help in that area either
    02-17-09 04:23 PM
    It's been a while since I admin'd a Groupwise system (ver 5) but as long as Groupwise is configured as a POP sever, you should be able to pull your messages from it with any client be it outlook, yahoo, or a blackberry. Just make sure you set up the BB to default "delete" on handheld only, this will leave a copy on the server so the message will be there when the user gets mail from the desktop app.
    02-17-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD