I think Storm 1 owners should get a discount on the Storm 2. I am sure Verizon will do something for us.

Read this:
    Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money
    06-18-09 04:04 PM
    and you should get a discount... why? You knew what you were getting into when you bought the Storm. If you didn't, shame on you. If you did, you also knew that you had 30 days to return it, no questions asked. After that, you're on your own.

This is like saying that all 8830 owners should get a discount when the Tour comes out, since the Tour is "replacing" the 8830 WE, or that I should get a discount on the Pearl Flip b/c I own a Pearl.

The problem is that you're assuming that the Storm 2 is "replacing" the Storm, when it isn't. It's considered a new device, not a "next generation iPhone" like Apple/iPhone has.

And if you're going to argue that you should get a discount b/c the device was supposed to work as advertised, Verizon does have a policy that if you have 3 or more of the same devices replaced, you're entitled to a different device. So maybe, just maybe, you can get a Tour under this "lemon" policy, but discount for Storm 2 b/c you're a Storm 1 owner and "suffered hardships"? c'mon now.
    06-18-09 04:17 PM
    Dubs , Agreeeeed
    06-18-09 04:33 PM
    I agree that we all knew (or should've known) that when you buy a phone, it'll probably get outdated in the next few months. But by that same token, everybody wants to have the newest gadgets at any discount they can grab . I'm happy with my Storm, but if Verizon/RIM do decide to have a special trade-up program for Blackberries to the new Storm and Tour, the tech head in me might just bite.

And IMO, the iPhone 3GS is hardly a true "next-gen" successor to the 3G. It's essentially the iPhone 3G + 3.0 update + faster UI.
    06-18-09 06:02 PM
    this is why technology is annoying,
    once its out it is outdated
    06-18-09 06:13 PM
    They are still releasing the Storm one around the world so I doubt there will be a "storm 1 sucked so here's a discount" affair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:14 PM
    Some people sound like they will be mad if storm 1 owners get a discount. It would be nice to have one, but I will get it anyway. If you don't want a discount or anyone to get a discount, shut up.
    06-18-09 06:20 PM
    If they offer a discount good, but they don't owe it to us.
    06-18-09 09:40 PM
    Some people sound like they will be mad if storm 1 owners get a discount. It would be nice to have one, but I will get it anyway. If you don't want a discount or anyone to get a discount, shut up.
    That's what I'm saying. They are not reading the title of the thread. It's not like you said that they should give us a discount, only that they can. That doesn't necessarily mean its gonna happen, but we can hope. Those people that feel us storm 1 users shouldn't get a discount is just hating. Why I don't know. That's just like with video games and game systems. You trade in the old version for a discount towards the new. Also how is this not the newer version of the storm. It is called the storm 2 right
    06-18-09 10:21 PM
    and you should get a discount... why? You knew what you were getting into when you bought the Storm. If you didn't, shame on you. If you did, you also knew that you had 30 days to return it, no questions asked. After that, you're on your own.

This is like saying that all 8830 owners should get a discount when the Tour comes out, since the Tour is "replacing" the 8830 WE, or that I should get a discount on the Pearl Flip b/c I own a Pearl.

The problem is that you're assuming that the Storm 2 is "replacing" the Storm, when it isn't. It's considered a new device, not a "next generation iPhone" like Apple/iPhone has.

And if you're going to argue that you should get a discount b/c the device was supposed to work as advertised, Verizon does have a policy that if you have 3 or more of the same devices replaced, you're entitled to a different device. So maybe, just maybe, you can get a Tour under this "lemon" policy, but discount for Storm 2 b/c you're a Storm 1 owner and "suffered hardships"? c'mon now.
    The 8830 wasn't a lemon thou. I would agree that storm owners should get a discount.
    06-18-09 10:24 PM
    The 8830 wasn't a lemon thou. I would agree that storm owners should get a discount.
    Yes you're right you don't need a business card one back of the phone to make it work right.
    06-19-09 12:00 AM
    Another user of the "I want something, for nothing" club. Annoying.
    06-19-09 01:41 AM
    Another user of the "I want something, for nothing" club. Annoying.
    Another "useless poster that should of keep his opinions to himself" post. Annoying.
    06-19-09 03:19 AM
    I think Storm 1 owners should get a discount on the Storm 2. I am sure Verizon will do something for us.

Read this:
    Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money

no they wont

that is all

its just like the Treo 600 and the Treo 650
    06-19-09 12:51 PM
    try here for your discount..

The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home

They'll give you $125.75 for your old Storm
    06-19-09 01:14 PM
    yeah i hope as well because the phone is good but its not GREAT ALL AROUND!! we need a discount on the new bb storm
    06-19-09 01:27 PM
    buy retail and sell the old one??
    sort of a discount lol
    06-19-09 01:29 PM
    I think it would be a nice gesture on VZW's part to offer any Storm owner that signed a 2 year agreement the option for an early upgrade with the discounts that come with it ie. $100.00 credit and full rebate, if they want a Storm2.
    06-19-09 01:35 PM
    It would be nice, but its not going to happen. Even more recent, when the treo 700w was discontinued agnd the 700wx came out... Did Verizon Wireless offer anyone who had the w a discount on the wx? No.

06-19-09 05:27 PM
    Maybe you should have just done a 1yr contract. I did and the difference in price of the phone was only an extra $50.
    06-19-09 09:11 PM
    Or do what any hard working american would do and buy outright.....lol j/k....I payed full retail for the storm. My contract ends, ill prolly get what "new storm" is out when the contract is up.
    06-19-09 09:42 PM
    ATT gave the early upgrades because people are stupid and were complaining. THe fact is that phones are subsidized when you buy them and sign a 2 year contract. Phone companies lose money on the phone but make it up over the course of the 2 years from the contract. They are in no way obligated to just give people a new phone just because they are unhappy. I had the storm for 3 weeks and realized the battery life and what not wouldn't work for me, so I returned it and went back to my curve. If people didn't like the storm, they could have returned it. But instead, they decided to keep it. And now the rumors or the newer model and they want to say ohh poor me, it's never worked right is stupid. VZW will not give storm 1 users and upgrade. If you have myverizon, then after a year you can upgrade to a new phone using 2 year pricing with a new 2 year contract.
    06-20-09 10:39 AM
    This whole thread is hilarious.
    06-20-09 10:59 AM
    i disagree that we knew what we were getting into, we expected a working device with minimal issues. yesterday i received my 6th device (storm), when the iphone first launched they had issues but the issues were resolved withing the first few months to make it a production device, the storm OS still needs work and we all know it, (RIM, verizon and user) i think they should give some sort of discount to those people that have replaced their device several times. i know VZ is still kicking themselves in the A$$ for not taking the offer with the iphone. they wanted to capture the business market since they already had the consumer market (iphone not geared to the business market). anywayz i would pay no more than $100 to upgrade to the new storm once it proves itself worthy, that's it for now let me go get some coffee
    06-20-09 11:11 AM
    Maybe you should have just done a 1yr contract. I did and the difference in price of the phone was only an extra $50.
    Yeah I did a 1 year ... I'm so happy I did. 349 with a 50 mail in rebate.....and since s2 is due within my 1 year being up ill sign a 2 year on the s2 cause I know its going to be my phone for at least 20 months.

06-20-09 11:38 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD