Total voice activation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Vlingo? Seems to work for me
    03-02-09 03:02 PM
    Wifi

10 char

03-02-09 03:07 PM
    Americans????? What do Americans have to do with this?????

Anyway, reason you don't have to worry about memory management is because iPhone has no expandable/removable memory.
    Yes, Americans. It's us American's who are the #1 consumers in the world. This is why we ship our garbage(old, broken computer hardware) to 3rd world countries.. not the other way around.

Most of the tech giants from America and all over the world release good, fast, future proof hardware but guess what lacks? The software!

Steve Jobs realized this.. Steve loathes the fact that Microsoft is the #1 software vendor in the world, and I'll mis-quote "who makes really horrible 3rd rate software" (Steve said something to that affect years ago)

In any event.. software is seriously lacking when it comes to matching the hardware and as long as companies keep releasing hardware in capitalist America, we'll keep buying it up.

How many different hardware variations of a Blackberry can be made before a brickwall is hit? Apple revolutionizes, most others just copy and imitate.

I'm not an Apple user outside of the iPhone; I'm just trying to get it through people's heads that software is what makes hardware, not the other way around.
    Last edited by sniffs; 03-02-09 at 03:22 PM.
    03-02-09 03:17 PM
    Yeah...tell us all about that software when your unchangeable battery dies.
    03-02-09 03:31 PM
    Vlingo? Seems to work for me
    I find myself using Vlingo less & less just due to the errors. It's good but not great. But that's not really what I mean by total voice activation anyway. I mean total total. Like writing this for example.

Last edited by Sharkz; 03-02-09 at 03:49 PM.
    03-02-09 03:46 PM
    Yeah...tell us all about that software when your unchangeable battery dies.
    Lol.. touche. But it's not like it CANT be replaced.. just that "I" cant.

In any event.. tell me about that important phone call when you drop the Storm and the battery comes out.

I've dropped my iPhone twice while on a call.. I pickup the phone and resume the conversation.

I came from the Blackberry where dropping it and guess what happens first?
    The battery comes out, then you have to reinsert it and wait minutes for it to come back up, sync back up then call the person back.
    03-02-09 04:00 PM
    I find myself using Vlingo less & less just due to the errors. It's good but not great. But that's not really what I mean by total voice activation anyway. I mean total total. Like writing this for example.

Gotcha.. I am not having too many issues with vlingo myself...

How about a toilet paper app and flush feature as well.... I guess we would need a sanitizer app after that.
    Nothing is ever going to be perfect because then they wouldn't have anything else to sell us..

03-02-09 04:18 PM
    Gotcha.. I am not having too many issues with vlingo myself...

How about a toilet paper app and flush feature as well.... I guess we would need a sanitizer app after that.
    Nothing is ever going to be perfect because then they wouldn't have anything else to sell us..

And that is why America's capitalist market is failing.

Why develop something perfect when you can push out semi-barfed garbage slowly but surely.. inching it's way to perfection and reap all the $$ inbetween?
    03-02-09 05:12 PM
    A Shamwow dispenser.
    03-02-09 05:15 PM
    And that is why America's capitalist market is failing.

Why develop something perfect when you can push out semi-barfed garbage slowly but surely.. inching it's way to perfection and reap all the $$ inbetween?
    Trying not to get sucked into an off topic debate but if it wasn't for driven capitalist economies around the world we would probably still be dialing from a rotary...

[ / extract from global political economy debate....]
    Last edited by jaskru; 03-02-09 at 06:00 PM.
    03-02-09 05:27 PM
    but you see, going from rotary to touchtone was a leap.

Going from the Curve 8310 to the Curve 8900, isn't a leap.. it's a step, and yet people will consume it..trade in their 8310's for one because we are addicted to "NEW".

it's still much the same hardware, new look, same memory leaked, slow, sluggish OS.

In any event, to stay more on topic, what I wish the Storm had was a much more perfected OS. Yes it is first gen and yes it'll probably have most it's problems fixed in gen 2, but still.. American's have become used to getting unfinished products with patches to make it stable.

Look at just about every "connected" device we have, from game consoles, to computers, to phones. We put up with it!
    03-02-09 05:58 PM
    Trackball!!!!
    03-02-09 06:02 PM
    Yes, Americans. It's us American's who are the #1 consumers in the world. This is why we ship our garbage(old, broken computer hardware) to 3rd world countries.. not the other way around.

Most of the tech giants from America and all over the world release good, fast, future proof hardware but guess what lacks? The software!

Steve Jobs realized this.. Steve loathes the fact that Microsoft is the #1 software vendor in the world, and I'll mis-quote "who makes really horrible 3rd rate software" (Steve said something to that affect years ago)

In any event.. software is seriously lacking when it comes to matching the hardware and as long as companies keep releasing hardware in capitalist America, we'll keep buying it up.

How many different hardware variations of a Blackberry can be made before a brickwall is hit? Apple revolutionizes, most others just copy and imitate.

I'm not an Apple user outside of the iPhone; I'm just trying to get it through people's heads that software is what makes hardware, not the other way around.

neeeeerrrrrd rraaaaaggge
    03-02-09 07:18 PM
    the touchscreen to not click because it seriously makes it feel like i will break it. i would just want a solid screen that doesnt move or click
    03-02-09 07:22 PM
    Another camera, but in the front so we'd have video phones.

Flash is a given.
    03-02-09 07:54 PM
    of course flash, a more stable OS with a much quicker boot up speed, LOTS more apps to choose from! a drawing app like the dare has, much more memory or multiple card slots and the ability to run all of the apps from the media cards...
    03-02-09 09:50 PM
    more memory and wifi�

03-02-09 09:50 PM
    Bitlord!!! Emm for legal purposes of coarse

03-02-09 10:26 PM
    What American's seem to cling to is the fact that we love hardware more than software.

Software is what makes or breaks a device. Look at the iPhone. What it does, it does WELL. Nothing the Storm does, it does well.. it sort of just does it..

I want them to conscentrate their efforts on the OS itself, cleaning it up, optimize it and have the people at RIM actually use the dang phone and think "Gee.. this doesnt work well, let's fix it!"

I want them to make the OS more stable, less slowdowns, more acceleration, fix the accelerometer so that it doesn't switch to landscape in EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM.. make it so that you can turn the click off and it functions like a regular touchscreen, make the OS feel like it reaches out more to people rather than business. (you with iPhones know what I mean..)

Why is it manufacturers seem to cling to application storage and regular storage being separate. Wtf is with the device having 1 gig of storage that you can't install apps to? what is this? 1998 and windows mobile? wtf RIM!

With the iPhone, I never have to worry about memory management, or if I can install an APP because I have no storage.. UGH!
    Can't believe you typed all that...get an iphone already....

03-03-09 01:49 AM
    VNC.... to control my mac.
    03-03-09 02:00 AM
    1*. A more stable official OS
    2. TV-out support (was brilliant on my n95...nothing like transferring a copy of a movie onto my phone and then watching it on my or my friend's tv)
    3. trackball
    4. flash support (I would also like an official hulu app and an official youtube app)
    5. wi-fi (not really that important to me but I put it there anyways)
    6. More apps

I know that's more then one but if the Storm had at least 4 out of 6 of these things then it would be my current dream phone...unfortunately I have no temporary dream phone for now.
    03-03-09 02:24 AM
    A trackball in between the 'blackberry' and 'escape' keys, similar to how the G1 has its.
    03-03-09 02:31 AM
    A faster OS...Bold-like speed.
    03-03-09 07:08 AM
    I would love to see the Storm have a full keyboard on the home screen in portrait view with icons above the keyboard. This would give the Storm a similar feel to the other blackberry's and would make it so much easier to type in a name that you want to call from the home screen.

Last edited by ssaz78; 03-03-09 at 11:06 AM.
    03-03-09 11:02 AM
    1) Support to connect standard USB keyboard to device.
    03-03-09 11:42 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD