06-28-10 11:12 AM
49 12
tools
    Blackberry is comming out with a good browser like the iphone when Os 6 comes out. But to me the iphone is just a hyped up phone because u can't fully customize the phone unless u jailbreak it and there's no insurance. Blackberrys can get customized depending on the memory. Apple has pointless apps for the iphone.
    Posted from my CrackBe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And you use a hybrid? Jailbreaking takes about 5 seconds (literally) to do. Putting that hybrid OS (excluding the longgggg boot) takes about how long?

Only those on a stock OS can get away with saying what you stated.
    05-17-10 12:40 AM
    Yeah, I know. It was just the best example I could think of.

Ok, it's like those draws that say "Win a trip to the Bahamas, free!" and it's really only the flight, or something along those lines. Sorry, Politically Correct.
    or those "you've just won a 5 day cruise!" where the boat leaves from like... south africa, and you have to pay to get there, and to get home via a specific carrier... so it's more expensive than booking a local cruise (specific carrier cruises suck, much like specific carrier phones suck unless they're on the carrier you use anyways)
    05-17-10 01:01 AM
    This from someone who likes a storm more than a droid.
    [I]My sentiments exactly!I]
    05-17-10 11:09 AM
    or those "you've just won a 5 day cruise!" where the boat leaves from like... south africa, and you have to pay to get there, and to get home via a specific carrier... so it's more expensive than booking a local cruise (specific carrier cruises suck, much like specific carrier phones suck unless they're on the carrier you use anyways)
    Yeah, exactly! That's probably a better comparison.
    05-17-10 12:08 PM
    Actually, if I understand some of the rumors I am hearing correctly, we may see a blackberry running the android OS by December. Also, if my information is correct, BlackBerry is the number one selling handheld in the states, with the iphone and the droid VERY close behind it. Just thought I would throw that out there bpowell27.
    05-18-10 12:41 AM
    Actually, if I understand some of the rumors I am hearing correctly, we may see a blackberry running the android OS by December. Also, if my information is correct, BlackBerry is the number one selling handheld in the states, with the iphone and the droid VERY close behind it. Just thought I would throw that out there bpowell27.
    Really? the only thing I recall seeing about this is when I theorized about RIM putting Android on top of their push service for at least ONE device.
    05-18-10 10:06 AM
    A BlackBerry running an android OS... don't think so, at least not officially.

The BB OS is one of the main components of RIM whole security architecture. And RIM's hardware design is much different than ANDROID phones (RIM makes beefed-up phones, ANDROID runs on mini PC).
    05-18-10 10:45 AM
    The rumor was that because of the amount of market share that has been taken over by Android that they were working in it. I knew that there was a difference, but loss of market does usually cause people to look outside the box to stay ahead or competitive.
    05-19-10 11:46 AM
    Would be interesting to see...

But hopefully RIM has at least noticed that maybe ANDROID is doing something, that maybe they need to consider.
    05-19-10 12:13 PM
    I'd have to look for it, but one of Lazardis' brilliant comments was something to effect that they are a Hardware company, and if the Software ever became a huge problem for them, they could just go to one of the open source solutions like Android for the OS.

Also I think it has been stated a few time that the BB Tablet started off as an Android Device.

There is enough Chatter that I bet at one time or another RIM had a BB running android in the bowels of the Waterloo Labs. Whether or not that's the case, or if such a thing would ever market is pure speculation.
    05-19-10 12:18 PM
    "But in Gartner's view, the most successful companies will be the ones that control an integrated product in terms of operating system, hardware, and services. To stay competitive, manufacturers must integrate hardware, the user interface, the cloud, and social networks to continued to attract consumers, Gartner said."

This was from an article about the latest market research from Gartner. If true RIM is in a really good position - they have the hardware, the OS, BIS/BES and BBM. Now if they can just "keep up" with what APPLE and ANDROID are doing - and hope that Nokia (with 44% of the worldwide smartphone market) doesn't takeover the US market like that have oversees.
    05-19-10 02:40 PM
    After BIS 3.1 I don't have much hope for RIM, they have sleeping giant syndrome still loading the platform with 5 year old limitations. I haven't had a client with a decent size BB implementation in at least 8 months, most are dumping the platform all together for Apple or Google. The security argument is getting old, I have some very large clients with some very strict information security policies and they're abandoning ship for platforms with far less implementation requirements and lower TCO. I think it might get real ugly once the BB hype completely wears off of the consumer market and people start seeing the limitations of the platform. Most consumers i've seen don't even know how to use BBM or care to learn. I said it early last year, eye candy AND performance are desirable and people are realizing you can have both, RIM just ain't moving fast enough.....
    Last edited by armedtank; 05-19-10 at 10:33 PM.
    05-19-10 03:49 PM
    Now if they can just "keep up" with what APPLE and ANDROID are doing - and hope that Nokia (with 44% of the worldwide smartphone market) doesn't takeover the US market like that have oversees.
    Nokia will definitely not get that big here. Symbian is like Linux..Yeah, open source sounds great, but 80-90% of consumers don't want to code, or create their own stuff. They want it made for them, ready to go, with as little thought as possible.

The only real time Nokia had any kind of huge impact in N.A. was the pre-smartphone era when they had all their Much Music / MTV phones and their 2.0mp flipphones, which were all the rage.

Then Motorola dropped the Razr and Nokia quietly stalked back to the other side of the world.
    05-20-10 02:02 AM
    again, that would be stupid. you will get plenty of backlash of consumers that will feel tricked. ATT doesnt need anymore help killing their business. They already do that on their own
    iPhone 4 vs. iPhone 3GS: the tale of the tape -- Engadget
    told you the iphone 4 wont support 4g network.
    06-10-10 01:51 AM
    Storm3 vs Iphone 4G will be interesting....Storm3 better have high quality video recording and an amazing battery life or else a lot will switch.
    06-10-10 12:58 PM
    Can't wait for Storm3 to be honest.
    I've gone this far with Storm 1. Storm 2 doesn't have OS6 or 512MB, so I don't think switching to Storm 2 just so I can have WiFi doesn't make sense.

Storm 3 better drop fast, I'm dying using a phone I've continued to use for the past 9 months.
    06-12-10 03:27 AM
    Can't wait for Storm3 to be honest.
    I've gone this far with Storm 1. Storm 2 doesn't have OS6 or 512MB, so I don't think switching to Storm 2 just so I can have WiFi doesn't make sense.

Storm 3 better drop fast, I'm dying using a phone I've continued to use for the past 9 months.
    You can wait for the Storm3, but Storm2 will get the OS6.0 as it has been documented that a storm2 on 6.0 downloaded an App.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bb...ml#post5194998
    06-12-10 03:51 AM
    I love Blackberry..I personally feel that it is a great smart phone with tremendous potential. But just how long will it be before that potential is reached?? I think I will be making the switch to the Iphone 4G if come September (my upgrade) (and if the Iphone 4G is released) the BB Storm 3 isn't the new greatest phone too date!! And as we all know, its going to take a whole lot from RIM to accomplish this feat considering Iphone and Android are leading the way.....I hope I am given a reason to stay....but I just feel, my days as a BB owner are through...
    Potential has been reached. It is now becoming a paper weight.
    Storm needs a heavy one on this especially with the iPhone 4G coming out and these damn Droids. They are better phones and I know for sure because I have tested them for work. Some people will agree, but deny it. I'm just loyal to my Storm, but it is getting really old fast...
    06-12-10 11:34 PM
    Iphone 4g doesn't means it will use the 4g network , it means is the 4th generation .....

It's not called the iPhone 4g. It's just simply the iPhone 4

Apple - iPhone 4 - Video calls, multitasking, HD video, and more
    06-13-10 08:21 AM
    It's not called the iPhone 4g. It's just simply the iPhone 4

Apple - iPhone 4 - Video calls, multitasking, HD video, and more
    its the 4th generation of the iphone.
    06-16-10 09:22 PM
    its the 4th generation of the iphone.
    Yes, but it is not a 4G device
    the iphone 3G was actually the second generation, and the 3GS the third generation.
    the first iphone was a 2G device.

so, to summarize and simplify it:
    the First iphone was a 2G device but it was called just the iphone because it was the first generation
    the Second generation was a 3G device so they called it the iphone 3G even though it was the second generation device
    the Third iphone was called the 3GS because the iPhone 3G name was taken, so even though it was actually a third generation device they couldn't say that it was the 3G, and they couldn't call it the 4G because it is only HSPA, so they called it the 3GS
    the fourth iPhone is ALSO not a 4G device but in fact the third third generation, but they couldn't call it the 3G because that name was taken by the second generation nor could they just append the name to 3GS because that was taken, and if they appended anothe letter it would just get confusing. because it is the fourth generation device they COULD have called it the 4G, but it is not 4G compatibile and is only 3G compatible, so they dropped the G and called it the 4.

makes sense?
    06-17-10 12:03 AM
    Clear as mud graham.

You do have to appreciate that there were probably countless emails and meetings at apple on just this topic....

06-17-10 06:54 AM
    Guys, seriously, who gives a sh1t about all the Apple babble? Let's get back to Storm 3 speculations please cuz honestly, that's the one thing that makes me orgasm more. It's like when you're wanking off to Storm 3 news, and suddenly, someone comes into your room - you know what that does, right?

Apple talk is doing that to me. Please. Stop.
    06-22-10 07:16 AM
    More BlackBerry Storm 3 Specs Leaked? | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

The specs leaked out today are VERY promising....but the timetable may hurt them....unless it truly will be LTE...

06-28-10 11:12 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD