if VZW won't let apple support their own hardware in place of the tech support process they use currently, good luck getting VZW to approve on this too!!!
    That's the whole point... they don't need to approve it. It comes from RIM. They either go with the flow or go buy a Blackberry handset from another manufacturer. RIM needs to realize that they are the ones with power of control, not the carrier. You really think VZW would drop RIM as a handset manufactuer and provider to them. Yeah, ok... RIM will need to change their business model within the next 2 years to stay on top... they will fall a bit short otherwise... unless people continue to just use a Blackberry because "it's cool and popular". Feature for feature, BBs are slowly starting to get surpassed... RIM just hasn't woken up yet. All it's going to take to knock them on their but* is for someone to release a highly integratable OS on a handset that's both sexy and functional. When that happens, they'll be wondering "what happened". So far the other handset manufacturers have failed in the field of OS security vs hadset form and fit. This is why RIM makes 50 billion different types of Blackberries, not because they want to, but because they have to (in order to fit everyone's needs). Their failure however is starting to come from the penetration into the consumer market... we're eating them alive because we want MORE from our handsets. Business people usually care about messaging and calling. Consumers care about multimedia support/visual candy/performance/functions/form and fit. We have different needs and while a lot of us use the devices for business too, I don't want to have to carry more then one device to be able to do more then one thing. "We want" that single device with all the bells and whistles in it, not 50 choices of "almost the perfect" device. Ya know?
    05-13-09 11:30 AM
    That's the whole point... they don't need to approve it. It comes from RIM. They either go with the flow or go buy a Blackberry handset from another manufacturer. RIM needs to realize that they are the ones with power of control, not the carrier. You really think VZW would drop RIM as a handset manufactuer and provider to them. Yeah, ok... RIM will need to change their business model within the next 2 years to stay on top... they will fall a bit short otherwise... unless people continue to just use a Blackberry because "it's cool and popular". Feature for feature, BBs are slowly starting to get surpassed... RIM just hasn't woken up yet. All it's going to take to knock them on their but* is for someone to release a highly integratable OS on a handset that's both sexy and functional. When that happens, they'll be wondering "what happened". So far the other handset manufacturers have failed in the field of OS security vs hadset form and fit. This is why RIM makes 50 billion different types of Blackberries, not because they want to, but because they have to (in order to fit everyone's needs). Their failure however is starting to come from the penetration into the consumer market... we're eating them alive because we want MORE from our handsets. Business people usually care about messaging and calling. Consumers care about multimedia support/visual candy/performance/functions/form and fit. We have different needs and while a lot of us use the devices for business too, I don't want to have to carry more then one device to be able to do more then one thing. "We want" that single device with all the bells and whistles in it, not 50 choices of "almost the perfect" device. Ya know?
    you had me at "but*"
    05-13-09 11:35 AM
    Very good points Civic.
    05-13-09 01:01 PM
    *psst* mark, don't encourage her...she's becoming she-hulk, i don't want her to bust through my monitor OR my phone...or both!!????
    05-13-09 01:28 PM
    *psst* mark, don't encourage her...she's becoming she-hulk, i don't want her to bust through my monitor OR my phone...or both!!????
    I know where you live.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 03:24 PM
    i'm sorry i didn't mean nothin by it
    05-13-09 03:36 PM
    Neither did I.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 04:33 PM
    Patches, all I know is that I would run...Just run if I were you.
    05-13-09 04:43 PM
    civic has a school girl crush on me. if she ever met me she'd punch me in the chest and run away.
    05-13-09 05:37 PM
    If she punched you in the chest you would die.

She could then simply walk away, no need to run.
    05-13-09 05:59 PM
    dude, civic isn't chuck norris or anything. i'm pretty tough. i could take it.
    05-13-09 06:17 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD