I would really have to think about it. THe pre looks awesome. I think i would have to think long and hard about making the switch. But i dont know how they intend on syncing with exchange, if it supports activesync i may be sold.

plus i am a css/html/javascript developer which is a huge draw. i can write apps for winmo using .net, but cant even get past "hello world" on java for the storm.

this isnt a rant or rave, i am just wondering how many of you would jump ship.

plus the full keyboard is a huge draw. i think this device has huge potential, and i want one.

so would you trade in your storm for a PRE?

I would break my storm in 1/2 and then get a replacement and sell it on ebay.. i MIGHT get a couple dollars for it.. and get the Pre the SECOND it comes out!

The Pre already looks MUCH MUCH more solid then the Storm..

Out of the box vs Storm out of the box the Pre will destroy it.. RIM rushed it big time... the newer OS's are MUCH better for the storm.. but the damage has been done.. this phone does suck donkey balls.. crashes, tuff to make calls.. oh yea.. and if your batterey drains 100% your skrewed. Oh yea 10 minutes to boot.... oh yea.. the lag is so ridiculous that when you use the touchscreen to answer a call you might hang up on them as the phone sometimes gets confused on what side is up.. (yea these are mostly .75 issues.. but thats what OS 99% of the storm owners have)

Palm.. take your time and don't Blackberry Storm this launch!!!
    04-06-09 10:20 PM
    Ok you're saying that the Storm didn't look appealing in its videos?

Or the iPhone? All these videos are gonna show off the phone not ever show how the phone REALLY performs.

Just my two cents.
    04-06-09 10:52 PM
    Ok you're saying that the Storm didn't look appealing in its videos?

Or the iPhone? All these videos are gonna show off the phone not ever show how the phone REALLY performs.

Just my two cents.
    The Storm ran terrible in the videos.

In the Storms case the videos REALLY did show how the phone performed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 11:12 PM
    Wow I just watched a 26 min video on the PRE and I'm sold on it.

It does multitasking like a phone should. Everything not only looks pretty but it incorporates palm's easy to use system.

It has a tabbed web browser with flick scrolling and pinch to zoom. It also displays thumbnails of your bookmarks rather then plain text.

I could go on and on, or you could just go watch the video on youtube lol. If it came to Verizon I would have to really think about it. But since it's not I guess my storm will have to do =)
    04-08-09 04:18 AM
    Sticking with the Storm.
    04-09-09 02:10 PM
    i am gonna have to say stick with the strom, i remember back and i mean back in the day i had cricket, yeah i know i know, but anyways, i bought a kyocera slider from them and absolutely hated it it. then i went to VZW and got the venus wow, i really hated it. sliders kinda just suck you know, its kinda like grape kool aid, drink it if you have to but you dont really want too.
    04-09-09 02:13 PM
    i am gonna have to say stick with the strom, i remember back and i mean back in the day i had cricket, yeah i know i know, but anyways, i bought a kyocera slider from them and absolutely hated it it. then i went to VZW and got the venus wow, i really hated it. sliders kinda just suck you know, its kinda like grape kool aid, drink it if you have to but you dont really want too.
    Amen...sliders do suck. God forbid if you ever drop it in sand. Cricket is actually a decent service...if you want just a typical phone for talk, text, etc. Cheap service and good coverage. Their phone selection is really limited.
    04-09-09 04:02 PM
    Oh man I would drop the Storm like a hot piece of ^&*T! My wife has a Storm. I have a Treo 700p which can do a hundred things the Storm can't do - like switching the channels on my TV set, or playing emulated Atari ST games, or Bluetooth wireless tethering my laptop when I'm in a hotel, to running apps from and backing up to an SD card. Ok, I'll miss the SD card, but I will still gladly trade my Treo AND my wife's Storm for the Pre.
    04-10-09 05:43 PM
    If Pre was announced on Verizon? I'd be scouring forums out of curiosity.

I was an old-school Palm fan who was very....hmmm....displeased by the treo line. Sure, it had phone and wireless internet, but it never had what I (and many others) enjoyed about the original palms: A nice, big, clear screen on a reasonably-sized device.

I *hated* the thumbboards on the treo. It's like they were trying to copy blackberry (which had it's own niche to fill) and were failing miserably. Those little thumbboards may be somebody else's cup of tea, but they weren't mine, and I wasn't the only palm fan to say so.

And sheesh, a tiny screen could be forgiven if the whole device wasn't a brick... I guess for me, a screen was half the PDA. And in a Treo's case, what could be taken up by screen was taken up by buttons. Never liked it. Apologies if I'm angering any traditional-blackberry fans here. ^^;

I'm kinda glad to see the Pre, because it seems Palm may finally be getting back to their roots, and may finally have gotten a clue. I miss the old palm, and I'm glad to see a semblance of them returning. People can say all they like about the iPhone, but it was the Palm Pilot that *really* started it all. (Ironically by squishing the Apple newton and Windows CE palmtops.)
    04-11-09 12:24 AM
    I'm just bummed the Pre doesn't have sd storage. I would jump over in a heartbeat if it did.

04-11-09 12:41 AM
    First I would yawn then I would check the news on my Storm.
    04-13-09 04:48 PM
    The Pre not being all touch shoots it down for me. I like the idea behind WebOS and wish the Storm had a touchstone charger just for cool factor. But that's it.

If VZ / RIM announce a Storm 2 later this year, I'll prolly be there
    04-13-09 04:56 PM
    To late in the game to switch. I would move to the IPone before the pre.
    04-13-09 06:56 PM
    I would not switch to a new contract - I doubt I would switch to Storm two, or any phone before my contract is up. Hopefully we will have "4G" (or w/e it is called lol) by late 2010 lol. If Storm two has 4G, that is where I will be going.
    04-13-09 08:05 PM
    Would an unlocked pre work on verizon's network.? And has anyone else heard that sprint only has a 90 day exclusive deal?

05-09-09 10:40 PM
    honestly... if the pre was out for verizon, i would switch my storm for it in a heart beat!

im sorry, but the storm has a long way to go before it is any competition for the iphone, or pre...

i mean really... the storm freezes up constantly, the screen clicking function needs to be recalibrated every other day, and the apps suck. it always freezes up right when u need it too!

the only thing that i like about the BB Storm is the fact that u can highlight and see the thing u r about to choose and then click it and choose it. saves some confusion.

but other than that... it has a LONG way to go before it is in any condition to compete with the others.
    05-09-09 11:36 PM
    Don't know if I would be one of the first adopters. Like with the Storm, the Pre might have a promotion with VZW in 6 months that offers one phone free if you buy one with a new contract. My wife was pissed when she heard about that for the Storm because she wanted one and always wants to use mine instead of the hand me down Q I gave her
    05-12-09 01:16 PM
    sliders are straight up gross. do not want

people here complain about clicking screens and are going to dive into a phone with MORE moving parts? GENIUS!!!
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-12-09 at 02:44 PM.
    05-12-09 02:41 PM
    I am really thinking about jumping ship for the pre. Yes, I am also willing to switch to sprint. 99 a month for unlimited everything cant be beat! Although I admit verizon has the best coverage EVERYWHERE, Id be willing to give the pre a shot on sprints network since the coverage is the same in my area (plus Ive heard that sprint roams off of verizon anyways).I would have gotten the iphone but ATT's pricing and network just doesnt click for me. If verizon does get the pre, how bad will they cripple it is the real question? Ive heard that sprint has a 6 month exclusive to the pre but who knows. One thing for sure is that I am over my storm...
    05-12-09 05:20 PM
    IF they announced it today, I wouldn't do anything about it. I don't have the money to buy it, and Big Red isn't going to give me one for free. So yeah, I wouldn't care or do anything out of the ordinary.
    05-12-09 05:22 PM
    I was with the Palm before Storm. IF. I would consider. Definately.
    05-12-09 05:52 PM
    no idea, i'd have to play around with it and see.
    05-12-09 08:09 PM
    I'm kind of tired of being left behind in this fast paced, modern society. I'm tired of all this lag, the lack of opengl crap, weak 3rd party apps, eye candy, ui functionality...etc.....

I would do the switch simply because the pre is a thousand steps ahead of the storm.
    05-12-09 09:31 PM
    Pre=before? Correct? Why would I want to look towards the past when the future is before me.
    05-12-09 10:40 PM
    PS, I like my Storm. It does everything I need it to do!
    05-12-09 10:40 PM
144 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD