I had a Palm Treo before I got a BB back in August, 2008 and I had such a bad experience with the Palm. I had about five Treos within a year or so. The phone freezing up, didn't hear it ring, the internet was very slow. I doubt if I ever go back to a Palm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 10:17 PM
    As much as I love my storm I honestley think I'd give the pre a try but that depends who knows where the storm wil be in 6 months

01-11-09 10:27 PM
    return the storm and get the pre immediately.
    01-11-09 11:09 PM
    I had a Palm Treo before I got a BB back in August, 2008 and I had such a bad experience with the Palm. I had about five Treos within a year or so. The phone freezing up, didn't hear it ring, the internet was very slow. I doubt if I ever go back to a Palm!

Let's compare to the number (4-5) Storms returned and replaced in the first 3 months and see where you are in a year.

Just to be fair
    01-12-09 09:09 PM
    After hearing that Flash isn't going to be available on the storm (I really thought BB would be rushing to beat iphone to the punch on that one) I might take a look at the Pre.
    02-17-09 11:17 AM
    I love BBs. I don't like how Pre looks (the physical design)....and had palm before, did not like it that much.
    02-17-09 11:24 AM
    Does anyone think RIM OS will touch WebOS any time soon, if ever?
    Honestly? No

WebOS like functionality would require a completely new OS, which loses compatibility between 'berry models. The compatibility (ok, general compatibility) between 'berries saves RIM a ton of development time.
    02-17-09 11:24 AM
    If I could do real work with it, YES.
    02-17-09 11:27 AM
    I personally don't have much faith in Palm lasting. If they do, the Pre is intriguing.
    02-17-09 12:12 PM
    Id keep my storm...the Pre looks ugly to me (yes, im superficial)
    02-17-09 12:33 PM
    ITS STILL A PALM PEOPLE!!!! Lol. Yes it looks fun but functionality is what I like. Not a grown-up nintendo DS in disguise. Lol. Like an iphone.

02-17-09 11:14 PM
    PEOPLE palm has turned over a new leaf ITS A NEW SOFTWARE COMPLETELY webos is NOTHING LIKE PALM OS so stop whining and they will have new os updates every month so if it comes on verizon BYE STORMY i cant send a mms without the grey box IM TIRED OF THIS DEVICE i want a PRE NEXT YEAR PLZ!!!!!!
    03-22-09 12:55 AM
    The pre looks nice but there are major issues for me;
    -No expandable memory
    -Battery life? From what I can see, the pre is tiny. Looks about as big as the htc touch which held a 1100 mah battery which was weak.
    -slide out keyboard is a pain.
    -True multitasking? We dont know the processor or the ram. Can it play music while you are browsing the internet plus having other apps open?

Real world reviews are necessary to make any determination. But if you really dont like the BB platform, I can understand looking for something else.
    it has twice the ram of an iphone and it can hold many more apps than this storm i still dont see the point of app world
    03-22-09 01:00 AM
    I would really have to think about it. THe pre looks awesome. I think i would have to think long and hard about making the switch. But i dont know how they intend on syncing with exchange, if it supports activesync i may be sold.

plus i am a css/html/javascript developer which is a huge draw. i can write apps for winmo using .net, but cant even get past "hello world" on java for the storm.

this isnt a rant or rave, i am just wondering how many of you would jump ship.

plus the full keyboard is a huge draw. i think this device has huge potential, and i want one.

so would you trade in your storm for a PRE?
    I own a palm and the storm.....can't wait for the pre. Sad sprint has the pre... Crappy network.
    That's why I never wanted an iphone either... Crappy network...

Last edited by amarubud; 03-22-09 at 03:15 AM.
    03-22-09 02:14 AM
    Let the device come out first.... it may end up having twice the amount of issues the Storm has now.
    03-22-09 10:47 AM
    The real question is, WWJD..
    Jesus would upgrade to .113 and get his *** sped up .
    04-05-09 01:04 AM
    the pre and webos will be a huge draw this summer, and for me, a graphic designer and web developer, webos is a huge news for me. I have great ideas for app building, and I even tried iPhone development and then java development for BlackBerry, but its wasting too much time and energy of mine to troubleshoot it most of time, especially for a novice developer like me.

That said, I will not trade my storm for a pre, maybe get a pre alongside my storm.

04-05-09 01:18 AM
    I won't be getting rid of my Storm.

I'll also purchase a Pre alongside my Storm to see what the experience is like, but I've reached the point where I'm totally invested in seeing the Storm out till I really see what the future holds for it.

Actually, that was worded incorrectly. I probably already have a good idea what the future holds and however it gets improved by RIM will likely please me. Although, I'll be disappointed if they don't take advantage of Storm's full hardware capabilities.

Even if they simply just use OpenGL to improve the fluidity of the overall operation, I'd be content with that. Just please allow devs to take advantage of the thing
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 04-05-09 at 01:38 AM.
    04-05-09 01:23 AM
    8 gb of memory with no expansion = deal breaker.
    04-05-09 06:47 AM
    8 gb of memory with no expansion = deal breaker.
    ...especially since my storm has 16, capable of reading 32 and 32 gig sim cards are right around the corner.....

.... I will congradulate new palm owners but keep my storm as that is what I am happy with it.

04-05-09 07:01 AM
    Strange the reaction here. I was expecting more excitement for the Pre. It may be a bad signal for Palm. Particularly, I think it looks amazing, way beyond the Storm, the iPhone and any other phone in the market, and I would have returned the Storm when I could to wait for it, even on Sprint, if it only were a global phone. But a purely CDMA phone doesn't work for me.
    04-05-09 07:04 AM
    Strange the reaction here. I was expecting more excitement for the Pre. It may be a bad signal for Palm. Particularly, I think it looks amazing, way beyond the Storm, the iPhone and any other phone in the market, and I would have returned the Storm when I could to wait for it, even on Sprint, if it only were a global phone. But a purely CDMA phone doesn't work for me.
    The Pre looks amazing. The OS was clearly created ala Iphone, from the ground up and built specifically for a touch screen. It is simply mind blowing that, on the device meant to save Palm, they would cripple it with so little memory. But, I suppose it shouldnt be suprising that Palm did this since the company needs to be saved by one device in the first place.
    04-05-09 07:11 AM
    The Pre looks amazing. The OS was clearly created ala Iphone, from the ground up and built specifically for a touch screen. It is simply mind blowing that, on the device meant to save Palm, they would cripple it with so little memory. But, I suppose it shouldnt be suprising that Palm did this since the company needs to be saved by one device in the first place.
    This brings up an interesting question... I wonder if RIM's newer OS's are a ground up design or continuous rebuilds of the first erroneous one?

04-05-09 07:39 AM
    I am not a "Palm" person. Besides, I could not see myself leaving the "Mercedes" of wireless, to go to Sprint.
    04-05-09 08:20 AM
    This brings up an interesting question... I wonder if RIM's newer OS's are a ground up design or continuous rebuilds of the first erroneous one?

Crackberry Kevin said that the Niagra OS could be released as 5.0. If thats the case, do not expect anything revolutionary.
    04-05-09 09:05 AM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD