If it wasn't on Sprint I would consider it.
    01-09-09 09:21 AM
    apparently it runs Flash which makes it very appealing at least in that sense
    01-09-09 09:22 AM
    has anyone seen the new 25 min video on crackberry? (well on treocentral)

its amazing. plain and simple.

capactive touch screen so forget all that old resitive 755p crap.

the gesture area below the screen was genious and i am betting apple is flipping they didnt think of it.

the webOS idea is amazing.

especially the CARDS. i wanted to "throw" a card bad on the video

it looks like this new TI procesor has alot of power especially since this was a beta device.

the touchstone charger is so damn cool i want one like yesterday for my house and office.

developers will be in no short supply considering the html/css/javascript programming method.

plus we saw a beta os, can you imagine how awesome the refined product will be?

plus the extended depth of field 3mp camera sounds great

the slide out keyboard is a god send.

the only thing it needs is a multitouch keyboard so you can use a kb in landscape and not have to pull the slider in portrait for small entries. i am sure this will be added or made as a software.

and being that its evdo rev a verizon should get it once sprint loses its eclusive deal. sprint probably wont be able to meet the quota so that will probably be by the end of the year. at which time my 1 year will be up and i will be able to get the PRE at promotional price.

but RIM has a whole year to revamp this storm OS to keep me as a customer. i will not give them my business again unless they make something happen.
    01-09-09 08:05 PM
    According to the second video, it does not have flash. But, with that said, I'm sure something will be done to add it.

http: //i.gizmodo.com/5126752/palm-pre-full-video-tours

Remove the space above in the link...
    01-09-09 08:11 PM
    What does World Wide Jewish Domination have to do with this?

ps- Its ok, I'm Jewish.
    If he gets Polish citizenship there'll be no stopping him!!
    01-09-09 08:16 PM
    Hope the touch screen technology is better than what I had on my Treo700p. Even with the stylus, sometimes had to multiple tap to get it to input.
    i seen him on one of the videos having to tap multiple times to get something to input, but that could be fixed by time they release it or maybe they just cant who knows
    01-09-09 09:16 PM
    I would NEVER switch from a BB to a Palm. For any reason.
    I second THAT emotion!!! No way would I switch. The touchstone charger is the only thing that interest me, & somebody will develop one similar for RIM in a heartbeat.
    01-09-09 09:20 PM
    i seen him on one of the videos having to tap multiple times to get something to input, but that could be fixed by time they release it or maybe they just cant who knows
    Yeah, and on Kevin's blog video he had to "throw" a "card" several times and it crept off the screen in stages. The OS is slick, I'll give Palm props, but I still think I'd like to see the phone released and used and watch the blog activity of all of the glitches the users run in to and what works nice with the phone. The window dressing is intriguing, but does it use push mail, instant messaging, etc. I do like the way you can start typing and all of the possible appropriate apps show up. It is a lot like spotlight on a Mac. This would be very, very nice on the Storm.
    01-09-09 09:29 PM
    Does anyone think RIM OS will touch WebOS any time soon, if ever?
    01-09-09 10:05 PM
    assuming the Pre has at least the same phone quality as the Storm (pretty good) and about the same battery life (2 days), I will most likely switch over to it. The touch interface is just SOOO smooth and is exactly what I'd hope that the Storm was going to deliver, but did not.
    01-09-09 10:20 PM
    Go in and play with it and see how it it is. Then walk out the door and pick up my Storm and text my friends saying yup sticking with my good ole reliable BlackBerry OS and push technology!
    But it looks neat and well I hope it does good since if it does it gives the Storm and RIM more competitiveness out there and more of a task to update, fix, revamp and come out with something new or polish up or change stuff on existing lines (Storm, Bold, etc).
    Either way could be good in the end for all. Who knows it could be great but I just love what my BlackBerry's do.
    01-10-09 12:12 AM
    I would get one and add it to my collection of phones.
    I'd love to do that as well.

Not a slider kinda guy either, but not that long ago, I wasn't a convergence guy. Now I preach it!

In any case, if the Pre came out on my carrier, being the palm lover I am, I would do the same thing I did with every other phone: let the early birds do the beta testing, and wait to consider the finished product!
    01-10-09 12:29 AM
    Does anyone think RIM OS will touch WebOS any time soon, if ever?
    Intriguing question.

I will say this... if they can get the same army of third-party developers to hammer out a fraction of the appa they had on Garnett (and they might; I have no idea of the crossover ability), this could be a home run for Palm.
    01-10-09 12:31 AM
    The OS looks to have a lot of things the storm should have had.
    Layered colored calendars.
    Custom interface.
    Momentum scrolling.
    Cards.
    I like the typing whatever you want and the phone figures out what you are looking for.
    The notifications that popup in the corners.
    The browser looks top notch
    Track ball for easy editing.

Sure it will probably be bad in a few areas but I would definitely be interested.
    Stupid Verizon doesn't get another great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:41 AM
    Never go back to Sprint nor Palm.
    01-10-09 02:14 AM
    Good point. If sales are great on sprint, vzw will get a variation 6 to 12 months later. Chances are it would be better by then and just in time for ne2! I really like the touchstone wireless charger. Its innovative and fin cool.

Palm officials have stated Sprint will be the Only 'US' carrier with the American version, the next planned release will be the GSM world ready version. It would not make since for Verizon to carry two competing devices. It was also mentioned that Palm wanted a carrier that would allow the full potential of the Pre, Verizon likes to cripple devices and strip WiFi.
    01-10-09 05:33 PM
    Tmobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-10-09 05:37 PM
    I'd go get it as soon as possible. Not because I dislike my storm, but because i'm a cellphone junky hahah
    01-10-09 06:11 PM
    No push email no good

01-10-09 06:33 PM
    I just got the Storm after using Palm Treo for about 4 years. The things that I am already frustrated with using the Storm that are addressed on the Pre are:
    - Storm lacks some sort of scroll wheel/ball. I hate if I mis-spell something or mis-space something in an email or text and I have to touch in the exact spot where I want the cursor to go. Having a traditional Blackberry rollerball on the Storm would be a huge advantage. The Pre has something like this.
    - Regular keyboard (would be nice if it would swivel around to be used in portrait and landscape).

If it comes to VZW, I will definitely get it.
    01-10-09 06:59 PM
    "I would NEVER switch from a BB to a Palm. For any reason."

Have you ever owned a Palm? Why do you say this? The Palm PDA software is far superior and more customizable than BB, and that's not even considering the changes and improvements in the Palm WebOS...
    Yes I have owned a PALM. I switched to BB years ago and never looked back. Palm is nothing compared to BB. Has never been and I don't see it ever being.
    01-11-09 07:25 PM
    I have had Palm in the past and for the most part, it was not a great experience. I would however consider it for sure on this unit being hopeful that it is as good as it appears.
    Last edited by markn455; 01-11-09 at 07:58 PM.
    01-11-09 07:31 PM
    The pre looks nice but there are major issues for me;
    -No expandable memory
    -Battery life? From what I can see, the pre is tiny. Looks about as big as the htc touch which held a 1100 mah battery which was weak.
    -slide out keyboard is a pain.
    -True multitasking? We dont know the processor or the ram. Can it play music while you are browsing the internet plus having other apps open?

Real world reviews are necessary to make any determination. But if you really dont like the BB platform, I can understand looking for something else.
    01-11-09 07:40 PM
    No push email no good

ummmm, it has full native exhcange push e-mail.
    01-11-09 09:55 PM
    ummmm, it has full native exhcange push e-mail.
    And for those of us without an Exchange account?
    01-11-09 10:01 PM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD