I would really have to think about it. THe pre looks awesome. I think i would have to think long and hard about making the switch. But i dont know how they intend on syncing with exchange, if it supports activesync i may be sold.

plus i am a css/html/javascript developer which is a huge draw. i can write apps for winmo using .net, but cant even get past "hello world" on java for the storm.

this isnt a rant or rave, i am just wondering how many of you would jump ship.

plus the full keyboard is a huge draw. i think this device has huge potential, and i want one.

so would you trade in your storm for a PRE?
    01-08-09 04:05 PM
    how is this a rant or a rave?
    01-08-09 04:11 PM
    looks funky.

is it only for sprint?
    01-08-09 04:38 PM
    I am not a slide phone type of guy.
    01-08-09 04:43 PM
    yep only for sprint.

i am not a slider phone guy either, at all.

but after having the storm, i have wished like 5000 times that i could slide out a small keyboard to type on.

the problem is most sliders are designed bad, too thick, etc, this palm slider doesnt look bad at all.
    01-08-09 04:45 PM
    I would be more interested if the keyboard slid out in landscape mode instead. I think the thing that turns me off the most tough is it looks ugly and cheap in the pictures. I would definitely need to see one in person I think.

Only thing that might get me to switch from the Storm would be an improved iPhone on Verizon or a Blackberry with a slideout keyboard...that's what I really want.
    01-08-09 04:49 PM
    I would get one and add it to my collection of phones.
    01-08-09 04:50 PM
    i actually dont like to slide the phone out sideways, this actually interests me cause i prefer using the phone in portrait for some reason.

like you, i would have to see one.

but the new palm webOS sounds pretty cool and looks real nice.

i just read on the palm site that it does full push e-mail with exchange server!!!! that right there was the one thing i needed to know to make me real interested.

i love my storm but as i have been saying all along it really slows me down typing and i hate typing on it 100%. the other things i really like about it and the lack of options on verizon are the main reasons i have decided to keep it for now.

i would think verizon would get this phone if it does real well, they already have a relationship with palm, its already evdo rev a and i think verizon wont want to miss out on another hot smartphone if it does well. i would think sprint has atleast 6 months exclusive though, so i dont think we will see this on verizon till middle of 2010.
    01-08-09 05:08 PM
    It will be interesting to see what bugs it will have upon release and what the bloggers have to say about it. The other factor is that it is a Sprint only population. At least for now. Patience Grasshopper, the Storm can only get better. And competition is good and only makes products more innovative and better.
    01-08-09 05:09 PM
    I would switch in a heartbeat if I liked it in person and it was on vzw. But the egg shape is a little odd. Feature wise its a winner, great looking os, lots of functionality, and customizeable. Will I consider buying one full retail to unlock and use on vzw.....nope. Plus it probably won't be out for like 4 more months. Ill be balls deep in my storm by then and would probably just wait for bb next device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 05:21 PM
    the idea that you can write programs for this thing with javascript, css and html is really cool. i wonder how that is going to work.

i think palm needed to hit it out of the park with this one, and i dare to say they may have.

plus the more important thing here is webOS, not the device itself. if the OS is a huge hit, the devices will follow, even if the pre isnt that great.
    01-08-09 05:23 PM
    The real question is, WWJD..
    01-08-09 05:24 PM
    the idea that you can write programs for this thing with javascript, css and html is really cool. i wonder how that is going to work.

i think palm needed to hit it out of the park with this one, and i dare to say they may have.

plus the more important thing here is webOS, not the device itself. if the OS is a huge hit, the devices will follow, even if the pre isnt that great.
    Good point. If sales are great on sprint, vzw will get a variation 6 to 12 months later. Chances are it would be better by then and just in time for ne2! I really like the touchstone wireless charger. Its innovative and fin cool.

01-08-09 05:30 PM
    I would really have to think about it. THe pre looks awesome. I think i would have to think long and hard about making the switch. But i dont know how they intend on syncing with exchange, if it supports activesync i may be sold.

plus i am a css/html/javascript developer which is a huge draw. i can write apps for winmo using .net, but cant even get past "hello world" on java for the storm.

this isnt a rant or rave, i am just wondering how many of you would jump ship.

plus the full keyboard is a huge draw. i think this device has huge potential, and i want one.

so would you trade in your storm for a PRE?
    I would NEVER switch from a BB to a Palm. For any reason.
    01-08-09 06:30 PM
    IF is the key word.

In all honesty, I still prefer an iPhone.

Then I would at least take a gander at the Palm.

Storm really saved my *** today though so in all honesty, I'm as close to 100% content as one can get.
    01-08-09 07:29 PM
    I would sit around and read all the posts about every little minute thing that is wrong with it and listen to everyone say how they should have just bought a storm or i-pod. Lol

01-08-09 07:40 PM
    I would sit around and read all the posts about every little minute thing that is wrong with it and listen to everyone say how they should have just bought a storm or i-pod. Lol

Exactly what I was thinking!
    01-08-09 07:47 PM
    I just went from 755p to BB 8830 so Palm is fresh in my memory. There are a few things about BB OS I'm not quite used to. Duplicate calendar events showing up from time to time after a sync and yes my Macbook and my BB are both on the same time zone. There are a few other annoyances like having to delete an entire series of meetings and not merely future occurances. Today I was in a store trying to look up the specs on an Acer 17 inch WXGA monitor. I couldn't get the BB browser to cooperate with Acer's web site. I finally gave up and decide it probably wasn't a good buy. Good thing too. I was being offered last year's model for $129 when the store down the street had this year's model NIB for $129. Always always always comparison shop. Anyway, back to the Pre. I would have to give it serious consideration, but not on Sprint. I got no use for Sprint right now in my area.
    01-08-09 07:57 PM
    The real question is, WWJD..
    What does World Wide Jewish Domination have to do with this?

ps- Its ok, I'm Jewish.
    01-09-09 02:06 AM
    Oh and to answer the question I would seriously consider returning the Storm I bought 2 days ago and waiting for the Pre.
    01-09-09 02:07 AM
    I'm new to Blackberry and it is slowly growing on me. But as soon as I saw that there was a new Palm and it might be what I was actually looking for to upgrade from my Treo, I knew I probably would want to switch. I will have to look at it closely to make sure, but I would love to have the Palm OS and software back, as well as a qwerty keyboard. I've gotten use to Storm's keyboard and can move quick, but I'm still more comfortable with a tactile qwerty keyboard...

Might have to go the Sprint store just to check it out, play with it, while I wait for Verizon to get theirs...
    01-09-09 08:25 AM
    "I would NEVER switch from a BB to a Palm. For any reason."

Have you ever owned a Palm? Why do you say this? The Palm PDA software is far superior and more customizable than BB, and that's not even considering the changes and improvements in the Palm WebOS...
    01-09-09 08:31 AM
    Hope the touch screen technology is better than what I had on my Treo700p. Even with the stylus, sometimes had to multiple tap to get it to input.
    01-09-09 08:40 AM
    My Palm experience was a nightmare. I strayed from BB for a palm a few years back and went back to BB as soon as I could. Not at all into sliders either.
    There is also the crazy love I have for my Storm.
    01-09-09 08:43 AM
    I had the Centro b4... i loved it... till my Storm
    01-09-09 09:08 AM
144 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD