11-24-08 04:25 PM
45 12
tools
    I must be fortunate because both my wifes Storm and mine have really given us very little to complain about. I'm not breathlessly awaiting the next release, but when it comes, I will definitely be updating with it.
    11-24-08 02:58 PM
    Not quite true, on my phone at least, if I change one profile, it changes them all. On my curve I could change each profile individually (normal wouldn't alert me audibly to email, loud would) on the Storm every profile (except vibrate) does the same thing when only one is changed.

I agree. Say on Normal mode I would like it to vibrate once and then ring but on virbate mode I would like it to vibrate 5 times. I cannot make the 2 different. If Im in vibrate mode and change it to vibrate 5 times, it will do the same when I go back to normal. I will vibrate 5 times then ring.

Add to the list, my one little qualm with it right now is if I get any type of message in the holster, when I take it out it automatically opens up. An option to disable that would be great
    11-24-08 03:07 PM
    I must be missing something. I have never owned a BB before the Storm and I love this thing. It has more capabilities than any phone I've had in the past.
    11-24-08 03:12 PM
    Noticed one other small thing. The red asterisk will appear on my Messages icon in the home screen, even if I have no message, VM, email or missed call. When I go to the full list of icons, the asterisk will not be there and when I return to the main menu, half the time it will have disappeared and half it will still be there.
    11-24-08 03:16 PM
    Thank goodness my BB Storm is trouble free. It's my first BB and I'm liking it a lot. Been playing it since I got in this past Saturday and already received complements on the phone...
    11-24-08 03:24 PM
    I don't know about you all, but I've given up hope of getting an update today.
    11-24-08 03:26 PM
    its a keeper! No complaints. Its fairly new, lets give it a chance!
    I haven't had a single problem with mine. The complete screen clicks, it doesn't freeze, the settings are on point and it is a solid phone. Some of you guys just expected too much and have been disapointed. Stop comparing it to the Iphone. It's like compairing a Bentley to a Ferrari, two different phones with two different OS. If it works for you, keep it. If it's not to your liking wait for the OS update or return it so that someone who really wants one can have one. It's been 3 days and so many act like they are stuck (doesn't Verizon give you 30 days?). Stop complaining and take it back if it is really that much of an eyesore.

Personaly I walked in expecting an 8830 upgrade and I got that and more.
    Free GPS
    A Camera
    Better we browsing
    Better ringer volume
    Full screen video playback
    A better music program
    and last but not least a free 8GB card.

I'm not sure what you (the complaining crowd) wanted but I'm stunned by your lack of patience.
    Last edited by DA6; 11-24-08 at 03:44 PM.
    11-24-08 03:41 PM
    Is it possible that Verizon won't release the update until after the 30 days to minimize the return ratio of Storms?
    Don't you think that releasing it prior to the 30 days would be the way to minimize the amount of returns?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:47 PM
    Don't you think that releasing it prior to the 30 days would be the way to minimize the amount of returns?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I gotta believe this will happen. I don't think it's a scenario worth considering because the fixes WILL come. RIM has way too much riding on this phone.
    11-24-08 03:49 PM
    I haven't had a single problem with mine. The complete screen clicks, it doesn't freeze, the settings are on point and it is a solid phone. Some of you guys just expected too much and have been disapointed. Stop comparing it to the Iphone. It's like compairing a Bentley to a Ferrari, two different phones with two different OS. If it works for you, keep it. If it's not to your liking wait for the OS update or return it so that someone who really wants one can have one. It's been 3 days and so many act like they are stuck (doesn't Verizon give you 30 days?). Stop complaining and take it back if it is really that much of an eyesore.

Personaly I walked in expecting an 8830 upgrade and I got that and more.
    Free GPS
    A Camera
    Better we browsing
    Better ringer volume
    Full screen video playback
    A better music program
    and last but not least a free 8GB card.

I'm not sure what you (the complaining crowd) wanted but I'm stunned by your lack of patience.
    Wrong.

The things I listed were all things that my Curve can do, the Storm should be able to do them as well. One of the keys to BB is that it is supposed to let you do things quickly. One of the BB execs said that you should be able to get things done while sitting at a stoplight with a BB. If I can't answer my phone because I have to wait for the accelerometer to figure out orientation before it lets me answer the damn phone, then that is not productive.

Also, it doesn't sound like you use yours much for productivity or intend to customize it to make it more productive for you, so until you do, I wouldn't state that yours is perfect.
    11-24-08 03:50 PM
    I like my Storm, but it's rough around the edges for the multiple bugs I've experienced. I want to keep it and have faith in RIM, but if I don't see a big difference in the next software update, I think I'll be returning it. What about you?
    +1, I'll be joining you at the return line.
    11-24-08 03:54 PM
    If I can't answer my phone because I have to wait for the accelerometer to figure out orientation before it lets me answer the damn phone, then that is not productive.
    Why can't you just click on the green button to answer the phone? Sounds like that's the fastest way..
    11-24-08 03:55 PM
    Why can't you just click on the green button to answer the phone? Sounds like that's the fastest way..
    Because it won't let me use either the hard button or the screen button, hence the reason I have it listed as a bug.
    11-24-08 03:58 PM
    well RIM as well as verizon were pressed for time seeing as they HAD to get the phone released and have it in stock/available to the general public before thanksgiving.

if theres anything we can learn from Microsoft, they're products are terrible and have unmeasurable bugs BUT they do get acknowledged, adressed and most importantly FIXED and what do you know the product is good.

so i say give it time and keep faith. you have 30 days to return it anyways so id wait till the very last day to make up your mind seeing as the phone itself is great,

they just need to find the problems and fix them.

honestly i think every verizon wireless storm owner should receive an email with a survey asking you do you experience such and such a problem. as well as an additional info box.

that way they can see how many owners experience the same problem

just my 2 cents
    11-24-08 04:03 PM
    Wrong.

The things I listed were all things that my Curve can do, the Storm should be able to do them as well. One of the keys to BB is that it is supposed to let you do things quickly. One of the BB execs said that you should be able to get things done while sitting at a stoplight with a BB. If I can't answer my phone because I have to wait for the accelerometer to figure out orientation before it lets me answer the damn phone, then that is not productive.

Also, it doesn't sound like you use yours much for productivity or intend to customize it to make it more productive for you, so until you do, I wouldn't state that yours is perfect.
    --------------------

well put
    11-24-08 04:05 PM
    Actually I believe we all have until Jan 15 to return it due to this being so close to Christmas.
    11-24-08 04:06 PM
    Wrong.

Mine picks up right away if I press the green button. I must have gotten one from the last batch.
    I am actually the COO of a healthcare company. I use and need a phone that can keep up with me and so far this one has.
    11-24-08 04:07 PM
    my complaint is the lag, my phone crashed 4 times since friday, the fact that i get VZ navigator for free as a perk from verizon, yet i had to delete it cuz it slows my phone down, the continued delay throughout the phone...THE BATTERY LIFE, and it says i have 8 new voicemails when i dont have any! and it wont go away (this stayed on the screen even after i installed visual voicemail, and deleted all my vm)
    other then that, im a diehard blackberry fan, this is my 3rd one, and im not giving it up, i just need these problems addressed somehow some way so my girlfriend can stop ranting how her iphone is still better
    11-24-08 04:12 PM
    I will give it another 2 weeks before returning the phone and say good bye to verizon.
    11-24-08 04:21 PM
    Honestly, other than the accelerometer being temperamental coming out of lock (which is easy to fix once you figure it out), I've had very few problems with mine. It's slightly laggy, and isn't the most stable phone I've ever used...........but I never expected it to be. I bought a brand new product on the very first day it was released. There are ALWAYS problems with things like this right out of the gate. Honestly, I suspect things will be figured out in a reasonable amount of time, and the phone will work just fine.

I understand why people are irritated. This phone was hyped something fierce, but remember, it takes time to perfect something. Should RIM and Verizon have pushed back the launch date until the phone was right? Probably, but we all know how businesses work........especially this time of year. Give it some time, and see how things go. Mine works fine for the most part, and I'm patient enough to see what happens. Like I said, you bought a brand new device the first day it was available. You can't possibly say you didn't see some of these problems coming.

E
    11-24-08 04:25 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD