I'm going to take it back to the verizon store and hit someone with it. That is the biggest BS I have ever heard, replacing a brand new phone that I paid for with a refurbished one because the original one was F-ed up? I'm getting mad just thinking about it haha, all I can say is that I will be taking it back and getting a new one if it is indeed a refurb...
    12-08-08 08:12 PM
    And what's wrong with a refurb? They go through more testing than new devices half the time. You would never even be able to tell the difference. Come on now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 08:15 PM
    Same here, mine will be here by fedex before 7pm. If it a refurbished one i'm sending it back! But I think it'll be a brand new one.
    Last edited by Blackberry4Life; 12-08-08 at 08:21 PM.
    12-08-08 08:16 PM
    And what's wrong with a refurb? They go through more testing than new devices half the time. You would never even be able to tell the difference. Come on now.

Because we paid for a brand new device and we want a brand new device!!!
    12-08-08 08:17 PM
    I guess it's just the fact that it is a refurb haha...A lot of times they are prone to other problems, at least with other types of refurbished devices I'm not too sure about phones
    12-08-08 08:18 PM
    Same here, mine will be here by fedex before 7pm. If it a referbished one i'm sending it back! But I think it'll be a brand new one.
    I'd only be concerned if its mis-spelled it "referbished" on the device.
    12-08-08 08:19 PM
    Ha ha , damn i can't spell....................
    12-08-08 08:20 PM
    Better chance the new one will have something wrong with it compared the refurb...personally who cares...I would rather have a good working refurb than a brand spanking new one with problems. Its not like its been beat up

12-08-08 08:21 PM
    Haha, I can just see it now srcribbled on the box in crayon
    12-08-08 08:21 PM
    Dial *611 and go to the blackberry option. I did that and they were really nice. I told them the problem etc and told them I want a new phone. He said okay we will send you a new phone and it will be there in 2 days. Sure enough 2 days later I had a brand new phone working 100% perfectly.
    12-08-08 08:22 PM
    Better chance the new one will have something wrong with it compared the refurb...personally who cares...I would rather have a good working refurb than a brand spanking new one with problems. Its not like its been beat up

So if you buy a $40,000 car and the starter messes up the 2nd week you have it, you'll take a car that someone else used to drive, but the "fixed" it?
    12-08-08 08:25 PM
    So if you buy a $40,000 car and the starter messes up the 2nd week you have it, you'll take a car that someone else used to drive, but the "fixed" it?
    Take a long look and that sentence and try typing it again, ok?
    12-08-08 08:28 PM
    Do whatever you want I really don't care...I'm just saying what I would do. Some people are never really happy no Matter what. Just don't complain about verizon nickeling and diming it customers when its customers are doing the same. Its an incredible machine for a mere two hundred bucks. Don't be surprised if there's no money in budget to develop new aps and firmware bc everyone wants a new phone for the simple fact of it being "new"

12-08-08 08:38 PM
    Do whatever you want I really don't care...I'm just saying what I would do. Some people are never really happy no Matter what. Just don't complain about verizon nickeling and diming it customers when its customers are doing the same. Its an incredible machine for a mere two hundred bucks. Don't be surprised if there's no money in budget to develop new aps and firmware bc everyone wants a new phone for the simple fact of it being "new"

Well if they put forth a perfect device at launch they wouldn't be in this boat. You can't build a boat with a hole in it and expect people to be okay with it. Same with the phone, you can't sell me a phone that doesn't type and expect me to be like "Ohh for only 200$ this is awesome even if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do". That's just me personally though.
    12-08-08 08:42 PM
    I'm going to take it back to the verizon store and hit someone with it.
    Try it and see what happens...
    12-08-08 08:46 PM
    Because we paid for a brand new device and we want a brand new device!!!
    I thought that way too. They told me there were going to give me a brand new one but they gave me a refurb and it works great!!!
    12-08-08 08:52 PM
    Ok whatever. I forgot they are forcing you to be a customer..

12-08-08 08:52 PM
    Technically your phone you're sending back is used, even trade haha. If it is a refurb its not going to be any more used than your current
    12-08-08 08:55 PM
    well seeing as mine dont have any scratches of any kind or nicks, if i get a refurbished i expect it to be the same
    12-08-08 08:57 PM
    Every refurbished phone i've gotten so far has been in like new status with no marks whatsoever
    12-08-08 08:58 PM
    Ok whatever. I forgot they are forcing you to be a customer..

Hey I'm just going by their own polices. They state that if a phone is replaced due to problems within the first 30 days of owning it you will receive a new one not a refurbished one.
    12-08-08 09:00 PM
    Every refurbished phone i've gotten so far has been in like new status with no marks whatsoever
    For the most part I agree with this but I did have 1 phone that was less then par. It actually looked like they didn't even fix the phone. It still had all the old users contacts, memory card etc installed on the phone. I was kind of shocked when I go it.
    12-08-08 09:01 PM
    Congratulations

12-08-08 09:03 PM
    For the most part I agree with this but I did have 1 phone that was less then par. It actually looked like they didn't even fix the phone. It still had all the old users contacts, memory card etc installed on the phone. I was kind of shocked when I go it.
    WOW, I am shocked my self. I think it could have been a unique situation which normally doesn't happen.
    12-08-08 09:03 PM
    called verizon 2nite ordered a replacement last wed/thurs said my order was approved by supervisor today to call back ina cpl days for tracking # who knows lol
    12-08-08 09:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD