Has it been updated already? I have been holding off waiting for some of these bugs to clean up, is it all fine now? If i get a newly shipped device, will it be up to date and running smooth? Or will i have the same issues faced at launch?

Forgive me i dont have time to read too many posts these days so i am not up to date, i hope i can just ask my question

and sorry if this is a stupid question, i have never had a berry and i dont know how it works
    12-02-08 02:58 AM
    It's not a stupid question at all, any reasonable person would want to know if they are going to get their money's worth.

My personal opinion would be to place your order now and hope you receive it shortly after the ship date (dec 8th as of now). Supposedly that is when the over the air update for the updated operating system will become available. I would ASSUME it would ship with the new OS, but you never know with Verizon.

Worst case scenario, you get your Storm and its still running the older OS (.65) and you have to spend about an hour updating it. The thread with the directions for the update is posted in the Storm forum and it is extremely simple!

I bought the Storm the day it was released and I must say I'm much happier now that I completed the update. I think you will enjoy it as well!
    12-02-08 03:14 AM
    Actually if you get the update from vzw you can simply install it over the air direct from the phone. You just click search for updates and it searches for them, finds them, and installs them for you auto magically!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:29 AM
    It's not a stupid question at all, any reasonable person would want to know if they are going to get their money's worth.
    i meant stupid question because it may have been answered 11tybillion times already on here, and i just didnt find the time to search. But thanks for your info it was nice!

Actually my wife wil be buying this for me around xmas time i believe. I just don't want to get into a phone and regret it. Especially THIS phone because i have been pumping it to everyone for so long lol.
    12-02-08 02:34 PM
    Storms shipping anytime soon won't have the latest OS on them. They were packaged weeks ago...

But when you connect your Storm to your PC and Desktop manager it will search for the latest update and let you install it then. I got one last week and it "updated" to OS .65 when I connected to DM. You can also go the OTA update route, which should be available when your Storm arrives.
    12-02-08 02:58 PM
    is there another update expcted before xmas? or at least an official update?
    12-02-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD