I'm experiencing the same issue. Great battery life on .83 and .85, god aweful on .86

Phone was left charging through the night for approximately 9 hours. Been off the charger and in my Innocase holster for the past four hours (no use whatsoever). Battery is currently at 60%.

I was hoping this issue would resolve itself over time, but it looks like I may have to revert back to .85
    01-14-09 11:24 AM
    Battery is looking really good in .86.
    01-14-09 11:27 AM
    I am running weatherbug, AIM, Facebook, Myspace, Viigo and Youtube. Rarely use bluetooth and never have a problem with battery life. I use the phone for business so I talk on it pretty often. I think it depends on the particular device and/or battery. New OEM size extended life may be a good option.
    01-14-09 11:32 AM
    I've had phone unplugged since 8AM. Few calls, texts, and emails. Did some browsing on lunch break and I'm at 95% battery remaining.
    01-14-09 11:39 AM
    i have no problem with battery, but don't have bluetooth on either.
    01-14-09 11:41 AM
    i think .86 maybe too aggresive with bluetooth device detection/monitoring. too bad for lazy people like me who keep it on all day for the 30minutes of driving i do per day.
    01-14-09 11:45 AM
    Installed .86 last night around 6pm - phone completed charging by 6:30

Woke up in the morning and it was dead
    -Had about 2 text and 10 emails
    *Initially I was wondering why I had not heard the alarm that tells me its time to leave for work already

By the time I got to work it was about 50% charged and I was getting a green and red light blinking at the same time. Deleted WheatherBug and did a Batt pull and the lights have gone away...Im going to finish charging it and see how long the batt last...

Apps Installed (including those that came with the phone):

Facebook
    FlyCast
    Google Maps
    Password Keeper
    Y! Messenger

Will report back once I get home...
    01-14-09 11:47 AM
    Anyone on .86 have Weatherbug and noticing the icon on the home screen seemingly constantly showing "updating"? This seems to be every 10-15 minutes or so, and lasts (usually) until I click the icon to 'force' it to update and then close instead of it just updating itself and showing current temp...

I emailed Weatherbug and they said:
    "We will be releasing a new version shortly that does address some caching issues."

This could very well cause some of the battery problems by those that use WB...
    01-14-09 12:15 PM
    Those of you using weather bug and having problems with it should try YWeather. It's a much smaller app and works if you just want to find out the weather. The OTA download link is YWeather and then select the link that says "OTA install for OS 4.2 and above"
    01-14-09 01:24 PM
    Installed .86 last night around 6pm - phone completed charging by 6:30

Woke up in the morning and it was dead
    -Had about 2 text and 10 emails
    *Initially I was wondering why I had not heard the alarm that tells me its time to leave for work already

By the time I got to work it was about 50% charged and I was getting a green and red light blinking at the same time. Deleted WheatherBug and did a Batt pull and the lights have gone away...Im going to finish charging it and see how long the batt last...

Apps Installed (including those that came with the phone):

Facebook
    FlyCast
    Google Maps
    Password Keeper
    Y! Messenger

Will report back once I get home...
    Just finished charging the phone...12:12pm my time...Im listening to music as I normally do so we will see... looks good so far with no Red or Green LED blinking...
    01-14-09 02:17 PM
    I see a lot of people complaining about weatherbug. I know weatherbug looks very slick but it's never worked for me. It's terrible. I use weathereye. Similar to weatherbug, the icon changes for the current conditions and you can set how often it checks the weather so you can minimize the battery drain. Just a suggestion for people having trouble with WB.
    01-14-09 03:32 PM
    I just did a wipe/reinstall of .86, and I left out weatherbug. Everything seems better for now.
    01-14-09 04:22 PM
    Seems weatherbug may be my problem, uninstalled it and it isn't losing percentage as fast.
    01-14-09 06:47 PM
    So far so good for me. I've been off the charger for an hour and I've had several phone calls, texts, and emails and my battery still reads 100%. I don't have many Apps installed though because at this point I don't feel the need to have all that garbage.

I have...

BBLight
    SoftReset (same as QuickPull but I like Soft Reset better)
    Google Maps
    BBMaps
    AIM
    Yahoo
    AutoLock

I used to spend the whole day at work recieving and placing calls, texts, and emails and browsing and the battery would only be down to about 85% by the time I got home at about 6PM Well see how it goes today. (.86 Day 1)
    garbage ....one of the points of these kind of phones are for the apps .
    01-14-09 08:31 PM
    Viigo was not loading new threads for me so I deleted it off my storm this morning. Battery life was dramatically improved today. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 08:41 PM
    installed the leak..battery life sucked...removed every extra program..still sucked. Downgraded to .75.

Any help would be appreciated!
    01-14-09 08:41 PM
    No changes to my Apps, but yes my battery drain is worse on .86, BUT I can still get over a full day.
    01-14-09 08:45 PM

+1, if you have to run it with nothing on it, might as well have a razr
    01-14-09 08:53 PM
    Just finished charging the phone...12:12pm my time...Im listening to music as I normally do so we will see... looks good so far with no Red or Green LED blinking...
    Ok so the charge seems pretty normal now...

I was listening to music non-stop from the time the charge completed till I was off work at 6pm PST, got about 15-20 emails and about 5 text and about 10 BB IM's; I also did a little web browsing during this time frame, maybe half and hours worth total.

I made three phone calls before leaving the parking lot and received another text, by the time I got home the battery was at 45%.

I would consider this to be normal once again

GL to the rest of you; removing WB and doing a batt pull did it for me...
    01-14-09 09:24 PM
    Ok been sitting for a few hours now and haven't lost a percentage while its been locked, viigo or weatherbug seemed to be my problem. I liked weatherbug, but I like .86 better.
    01-14-09 09:41 PM
    +1, if you have to run it with nothing on it, might as well have a razr
    You also have to remember that the Storm is so new that many of the application that are out aren't optimized for use on the Storm yet. I'm sure things will get better over time with the OS's and the 3rd party app alike.
    01-14-09 10:21 PM
    I found battery life MUCH better if you disable GPS in .86
    01-15-09 07:03 AM
    I've had .86 installed since its leak - so far the battery has drained significantly faster than with .85. I turned off bluetooth and GPS today to see how she fairs...hopefully that's the problem; I may do a wipe/re-install when I get home after class tonight to see if that improves things...

I have been getting no more than 6 hours out of my battery previously - unplug at 7am and by 3pm when I leave work I need to charge...no heavy usage, mostly txts and a lot of sitting on my desk next to my laptop. I'll update after the day today to see what no BT/GPS does for it...
    01-15-09 08:24 AM
    Been off the charger since 1000 (EST), so 3.5 hours later I'm still above 95%, with two or three texts and one 2 minute phone call.

GPS and Bluetooth are on and have been.

It has to have been WeatherBug, because it's the only program I didnt reinstall after I did a wipe/reinstall of .86.

Good luck, all. If you can get it to work .86 is a significant improvement.
    01-15-09 12:38 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD