At one point there was talk that there was going to be some kind of surprise in one of the later OSs, but nothing ever came of that yet. What was that all about... Was it 4.7.0.18x+ versions that had this so called surprise or 5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmmm...I believe you but can you find the thread or remember who said it? Maybe Radio can comment on this.
    05-17-09 11:58 PM
    Well ausch, the bottom line is, you've already broken your promiss to keep it under wraps and not show anyone. Advertising in your sig and discussing it already violates that trust in my book. If someone asked you not to show or give it out, that would mean don't advertise it either.

Civic is right. You have halfway violated that trust already. Come clean and drop a screenshot. There are only a few with real credibility on this site. Please don't ruin it for those that do......

05-17-09 11:58 PM
    you're all hyped up over THAT guy? c'mon!!! i mean, c'mon! really? c'mon....

really?
    05-17-09 11:59 PM
    That's where some people get confused. I was told just not to SHOW it, picture wise. I could say I have/had it, and what not. But no pictures.
    I smell bullsh1t......

05-18-09 12:01 AM
    At one point there was talk that there was going to be some kind of surprise in one of the later OSs, but nothing ever came of that yet. What was that all about... Was it 4.7.0.18x+ versions that had this so called surprise or 5?

OS failed!
    05-18-09 12:03 AM
    I don't think anyone is hyped up over him. I know I'm not. But I don't agree that if someone gives you something that needs to be kept under wraps that you should advertise it.

05-18-09 12:04 AM
    you're all hyped up over THAT guy? c'mon!!! i mean, c'mon! really? c'mon....

really?
    Some of us who aren't "in the know" rely on these posts and are the reason we still have the Storm. When someone goes on and on about a future build, you want to believe.....

05-18-09 12:05 AM
    Damn this is really getting bad. We're nearing 3 weeks without a leak. I think this is the longest gap, no?
    05-18-09 12:06 AM
    OS failed!
    Cop out.......why did it fail?

05-18-09 12:07 AM
    Like I said you either believe me or you don't. But don't try to sit there and judge me and my sources ways of doing something. I don't see the point.

Now back on topic, I think the next official Verizon will put out will be a 5.0 build.
    05-18-09 12:08 AM
    I don't think anyone is hyped up over him. I know I'm not. But I don't agree that if someone gives you something that needs to be kept under wraps that you should advertise it.

Amen sister.

05-18-09 12:08 AM
    Cop out.......why did it fail?

I don't have details. I just know that a .18X build and .19X build failed testing at a carrier.
    05-18-09 12:09 AM
    OS failed!
    I don't care what's failed, because as far am I'm concerned, until RIM fixes all the bugs I've written about, no OS should pass. If this was to be the case and we're talking about .127, we'll be waiting for a few more revision numbers before we see something. That's the scary part.

05-18-09 12:10 AM
    Some of us who aren't "in the know" rely on these posts and are the reason we still have the Storm. When someone goes on and on about a future build, you want to believe.....

do you know how long it took me to prove to these people that i knew what i was talking about? plenty of people STILL doubt me even after i got .141...AND i've called every build that got to final stages of testing and failed...at least a week ahead of every major news article on the internet.
    05-18-09 12:11 AM
    I don't care what's failed, because as far am I'm concerned, until RIM fixes all the bugs I've written about, no OS should pass. If this was to be the case and we're talking about .127, we'll be waiting for a few more revision numbers before we see something. That's the scary part.

Yeah I think either RIM isn't making good builds, and leaving a lot of bugs still in em or the testing at the carriers is just ridiculous.
    05-18-09 12:17 AM
    Damn this is really getting bad. We're nearing 3 weeks without a leak. I think this is the longest gap, no?
    That's because the villagers haven't killed anyone in the village as of late to require a leak.

I remember a time when everyone would gather, build a big fire, grab a noob and tie them to a stake and threaten a sacrifice unless the Gods threw down a leak. You'd know you were getting close when sooks would get banned. . Lol

05-18-09 12:18 AM
    speaking of which, anyone seen sooks lately???
    05-18-09 12:21 AM
    Yeah I think either RIM isn't making good builds, and leaving a lot of bugs still in em or the testing at the carriers is just ridiculous.
    Well, on that note, can you comment on what's been fixed and not fixed off that list?

05-18-09 12:22 AM
    That's because the villagers haven't killed anyone in the village as of late to require a leak.

I remember a time when everyone would gather, build a big fire, grab a noob and tie them to a stake and threaten a sacrifice unless the Gods threw down a leak. You'd know you were getting close when sooks would get banned. . Lol

Good....analogy?...haha. Yeah I've experienced that on here several times b4 the leak. But the forum has died, I'm sure Kevin would love to leak something to increase traffic on the site. There are so many possible builds that I find it hard to believe nothing is being leaked. Verizon has several 5.0 builds. I'm not sure what other carriers have 5.0 but I'm sure someone has to have something that can be leaked. They must be really tight on it now.
    05-18-09 12:22 AM
    speaking of which, anyone seen sooks lately???
    Talking to him right now.

Bye, bye.
    05-18-09 12:23 AM
    Good....analogy?...haha. Yeah I've experienced that on here several times b4 the leak. But the forum has died, I'm sure Kevin would love to leak something to increase traffic on the site. There are so many possible builds that I find it hard to believe nothing is being leaked. Verizon has several 5.0 builds. I'm not sure what other carriers have 5.0 but I'm sure someone has to have something that can be leaked. They must be really tight on it now.
    All the other 9530 carriers.
    05-18-09 12:24 AM
    Well, on that note, can you comment on what's been fixed and not fixed off that list?

I agree, since he isnt under a NDA, shouldnt be a big deal
    05-18-09 12:24 AM
    Well, we did get some nice Storm 2 pics on Leak Thursday.

05-18-09 12:25 AM
    well where it stands as of now, VZW has had a few 5.0 builds go to lab/network testing, and none of them made it out of those stages...so idk how good they are.

i'm starting to question how RIM does this...apparently there is some board that RIM posts the files on for partners to grab from...but a bunch of them are failing miserabally in lab and network phases...why doesn't RIM just focus more attention on one build, take a bit longer to tinker on it, and address more issues. it seems like they're using a "trial and error" process to test stuff. just throw something together, and see how it fares at partner testing!
    05-18-09 12:26 AM
    Talking to him right now.

Bye, bye.
    Hate to be OT, but are you really 0mie? Would make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Rockee; 05-18-09 at 12:33 AM. Reason: cant spell
    05-18-09 12:31 AM
399 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD