dont forget the TOPIC!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:10 PM
    RADIO are you there??

05-18-09 04:12 PM
    RADIOGUINEA,
    i cant find i either anywhere, but are you an eploiy of RIM/blackberry� or do you have any (trusted)source?

05-18-09 04:13 PM
    sndrvh I'd watch how many times you post in a row. Thanks for the help though.
    05-18-09 04:14 PM
    Are you on 4.7 or 5.0? I know several people including me were having syncing problems DM 4.7 on Windows 7. It always loaded up perfectly and recognized my Blackberry/pin. The problem was when actually syncing it up there would be issues.

It could be a problem with Windows 7 and its USB drivers though and have nothing to do on RIMs part. Just wondering what Crucial/Radio had to say on this.

I've been using Windows 7 since the earlier builds and am now on RC1 (7100) and I got it to work. But I run DM in or Apploader as an admin everytime I load the exes. I'm also on a 64 bit version. Hopefully I won't have to do that and just load the exe normally in the final version.
    I believe there is/was a sticky here about this, and Civic more or less pegged it to a bug in the Win7 USB drivers in some of the earlier builds. I do believe it has since been fixed.

RADIOGUINEA,
    i cant find i either anywhere, but are you an eploiy of RIM/blackberry� or have you any (trusted)source?
    He can answer that or not for all I care, but let's just say that Radio has proven to be a reliable source of info in the past, and so now we generally just accept whatever he says at face value.

I'd also like to just throw out that I honestly wish I were as fluent as you in a second language. Your grammar isn't perfect, but there's no real problem understanding what you mean, and that's the main thing.
    05-18-09 04:14 PM
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.....
    Oh......and I can't wait for 5.0!

I'm captain obvious for answering a question? I'm sorry that he asked the question and that's the answer that was gonna be said anyway.
    05-18-09 04:15 PM
    I believe there is/was a sticky here about this, and Civic more or less pegged it to a bug in the Win7 USB drivers in some of the earlier builds. I do believe it has since been fixed.
    Yeah, I've seen the thread. I saw it even before I started using Windows 7 but still bricked my phone. I fixed it though and figured out how to use DM by running as an admin. I just hope they make it compatible with Windows 7 using the regular double click the exe method. I know they will though.
    05-18-09 04:16 PM
    sndrvh I'd watch how many times you post in a row. Thanks for the help though.
    im sorry but everytime i post i just forget someting. my girlfriend sas exacly the same

05-18-09 04:17 PM
    Right, that's what I'm doing. So you're saying you think files are being changed to Windows 7 for the final versions as they get more rights?
    No ,I'm saying that when you run DM or anything that resides in the Program Files family of folders, and changes are being made to any other files residing in there, you need administrative rights in order for the changes to take place.
    05-18-09 04:19 PM
    im sorry but everytime i post i just forget someting. my girlfriend sas exacly the same

Haha it's ok. I just don't want you to get in trouble by the moderators.
    05-18-09 04:19 PM

He can answer that or not for all I care, but let's just say that Radio has proven to be a reliable source of info in the past, and so now we generally just accept whatever he says at face value.

I'd also like to just throw out that I honestly wish I were as fluent as you in a second language. Your grammar isn't perfect, but there's no real problem understanding what you mean, and that's the main thing.
    haha im very glad to hear that, and stronger i hope it is worth a laugh for you guys.

just try my best!

05-18-09 04:20 PM
    I don't think the carrier will release DM 5.0. RIM will release DM 5.0, but I don't think it'll be listed on the carriers site. Only the build.
    Yes RIM will release it and it will be put up on the carrier download site for carriers.
    05-18-09 04:21 PM
    No ,I'm saying that when you run DM or anything that resides in the Program Files family of folders, and changes are being made to any other files residing in there, you need administrative rights in order for the changes to take place.
    I see. Why don't I have these problems with Vista then? Does it have anything to do with being on the x64 version?
    05-18-09 04:22 PM
    I see. Why don't I have these problems with Vista then? Does it have anything to do with being on the x64 version?
    Do you have UAC disabled?
    05-18-09 04:23 PM
    RADIOGUINEA,
    i cant find i either anywhere, but are you an eploiy of RIM/blackberry� or do you have any (trusted)source?

This was posted in this thread I think it was, but you can tell if he is or not by some of the stuff he does and says.
    05-18-09 04:24 PM
    guys i dont want to interrupt, but this is where you get in trubble with the moderators.

05-18-09 04:26 PM
    No but I should right now. That should completely rid of that issue for me though right?

I have a question though. If I login on an account with administrator status at the login screen, why am I still required to load files with admin rights?
    05-18-09 04:26 PM
    Yes RIM will release it and it will be put up on the carrier download site for carriers.
    Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up bro. I think I must have forget looking at all the DM downloads on the AT&T site all those times.
    05-18-09 04:27 PM
    guys i dont want to interrupt, but this is where you get in trubble with the moderators.

Well, this is related to 5.0 and Desktop Manager. I'm just wondering how the compatibility will be with Windows 7.
    05-18-09 04:27 PM
    Actually jdk2, I did have UAC disabled. Sorry.
    05-18-09 04:30 PM
    This was posted in this thread I think it was, but you can tell if he is or not by some of the stuff he does and says.
    REALY not to offence RADIOguinea, but when you ask him a strait question you cant get a strait answer back.

sorry for the spelling im not from the USA

05-18-09 04:31 PM
    REALY not to offence RADIOguinea, but when you ask him a strait question you cant get a strait answer back.

sorry for the spelling im not from the USA
    There are several things he can't answer. If he can't, he usually won't say anything. If he can, I'm sure he'll tell you. Best thing to do is ask a question on these threads and hope he will give you some insight.
    05-18-09 04:33 PM
    There are several things he can't answer. If he can't, he usually won't say anything. If he can, I'm sure he'll tell you. Best thing to do is ask a question on these threads and hope he will give you some insight.
    OK you are right about that, and again, but, he seems to me like a mysterious or how do you want to call it, guy that says a lot of stuff that >>CAN<< be tru but, either can be b***lsh**t. the questions that can proof his reliability are being unanswered.

Last edited by sndrvh; 05-18-09 at 04:44 PM.
    05-18-09 04:38 PM
    Hehe, don't make me laugh to hard.
    05-18-09 04:39 PM
    radio has shown his information to be valid, however vague it can be at times. sndrvh, you haven't been around long enough to see the stuff that radio has done in the past. i appreciate your skepticism, but it's a bit misplaced in this discussion. there are plenty of people on here who don't know what they're talking about, and yet they post anyway. there are only a few on here who have real information to provide, where the rest just recycle the same topics, opinions, complaints, etc.

now as far as the 5.0 builds are concerned, i haven't seen any real headway indicating to me that they are actually in testing with the carriers. anyone know when the said carriers actually got the builds?
    05-18-09 04:47 PM
399 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD