VZW had .75 in testing when they released the storm, they had to launch on .65 since it was the last one to pass before their release date they were shooting for.

and yes, .75 has its issues. the sacrifice they have to make to get the phone out for the holidays.

and i have a phrase for you to consider....

"service impacting issues"....

that is what VZW takes priority over when its testing. as long as its not preventing you from using the basic functions of the phone and keeping you from using the services you pay them for, it'll be a "decent" build....

I figures they did have it in testing but thank you for verifying it.

I understand what you mean by "service impacting issues" but if you are like me and use it for business then having my girlfriends ringtone come on during a presentation with me 10 feet away it is a service impacting issue LOL.
    05-18-09 08:40 PM
    I figures they did have it in testing but thank you for verifying it.

I understand what you mean by "service impacting issues" but if you are like me and use it for business then having my girlfriends ringtone come on WHEN MY WIFE IS with me 10 feet away it is a service impacting issue LOL.

fixed it for ya bro...
    05-18-09 08:42 PM
    fixed it for ya bro...
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your awesome patches!
    05-18-09 08:48 PM
    love you too, man....
    05-18-09 08:50 PM
    Get a room ladies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:52 PM
    hey, i'm a hugger, what can i say?
    05-18-09 08:55 PM
    Look how well .75 performs. In reality, when you get rid of some of the expectations that some people have, it works just fine! And thats a testament to how much testing they did to get .75 out there. Look at how old that build is today, yet works fine.

Dont count them out so soon. Just remember, they are testing as much as they do, for your well being as a customer. If they find a reason to fail a build, theres a reason.
    With all due respect, I beg to differ on that one. A version was slated to be released and then the brakes were put on.... (sometime around the time the community shed a lot of light on several issues... one of which was the inability to OTA with *228 without loosing data.) So, while I'm all for "coincidences", I like conspiracy theories more.
    05-18-09 08:58 PM
    the *228 thing didn't come up until the very end....so maybe that build "slated to be released" was just their anticipation of .141 passing...and nothing was ever "slated".
    05-18-09 09:10 PM
    I think the "certified" ready to go build was .141 but it still had to pass everyday testing and I think it was prematurely assumed that it would.

The rest is history.

05-18-09 09:14 PM
    the *228 thing didn't come up until the very end....so maybe that build "slated to be released" was just their anticipation of .141 passing...and nothing was ever "slated".
    I think the "certified" ready to go build was .141 but it still had to pass everyday testing and I think it was prematurely assumed that it would.

The rest is history.

YOU'RE BOTH WRONG!!!

they were calling the .141 build the "certified" before it actually passed testing, and then at the last minute VZW failed it.
    05-18-09 09:21 PM
    YOU'RE BOTH WRONG!!!

they were calling the .141 build the "certified" before it actually passed testing, and then at the last minute VZW failed it.
    I hate it when split personality kicks in.
    05-18-09 09:24 PM
    Lol patches. It may seem like I copied you but I didn't. It just seems that way. We just think similarly.

05-18-09 09:25 PM
    Well all I know is that all this waiting and speculation has sent me from:

Denial>Depression>Anger>Acceptance......
    05-18-09 09:33 PM
    tx, you should be 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor!

then dial *228, send, option 17 to enable wi-fi, and your phone will be fine...
    05-18-09 09:52 PM
    But then don't forget to battery pull so you can surf the net for hangover remedies.

Ugh tequila

05-18-09 09:56 PM
    battery pull and gatorade = hangover cure
    05-18-09 09:57 PM
    LMFAO!!

1o
    05-18-09 09:58 PM
    battery pull and gatorade = hangover cure
    I really dont ever plan to sober up.

Off to TBL....
    Last edited by txaggie84; 05-18-09 at 10:35 PM.
    05-18-09 09:59 PM
    Look how well .75 performs. In reality, when you get rid of some of the expectations that some people have, it works just fine! And thats a testament to how much testing they did to get .75 out there. Look at how old that build is today, yet works fine.

Dont count them out so soon. Just remember, they are testing as much as they do, for your well being as a customer. If they find a reason to fail a build, theres a reason.
    I have to completely disagree with the first part of your statement. I have heard quite a few times that the phone does what it is supposed to do albeit with some lag....and yes now that I am running a leaked OS it sure does....but .75 made even the simplest functions like recieving phone calls almost impossible sometimes...there were quite a few times that the phone would get frozen between landscape and portrait and I was unable to actually answer a phone call....that is the most basic function of a cell phone...then there was the trying to put in a password when trying to retrieve voice mail...by the time I was able to bring up the dial pad it was prompting me again...and then it was so laggy and ridiculously slow that there were times that the right password was not being punched in....I have had the phone from launch and at that time I had no third party apps or themes so it was strictly the OS that was doing this....I will not even get into the battery drain issue or the email issues or the freezing problems while browsing the web or the media player issues or how the camera actually wouldn't take a pic when pressing the button cuz it was too busy auto focusing over and over again.....I am not bashing this phone because at present time it is operating the way I thought it would it being a first generation touchscreen and all for rim....but sometimes I just wonder (and this is not meant to offend anyone) if some of the folks on here have been privy to OS so much more advanced than .75....and when they did have .75 it was so long ago that they have actually forgotten some of the MAJOR issues that that OS had...
    Last edited by Souless Poet; 05-18-09 at 10:40 PM.
    05-18-09 10:31 PM
    I have had my storm since launch too. Well I went back to .75 the other day. Poet you hit the nail on the head. This build is SLOW, lags, often it locks up just trying to switch between Land & Port. Needless to say I had it on the phone for a day. I switched back to 132. I liked 141 but battery died to fast for me.
    05-19-09 12:45 AM
    I know I'm going OT now but by now this thread is pretty much already there... I love how .141 made it as far as it did through VZW testing when the FIRST thing they have to do is activate the phone by *228. Literally 3 minutes into the testing process they should have realized a pretty big issue with the build which changes their whole activation process at the counter. It makes me really wonder how throrough they are with their testing.
    05-19-09 06:59 AM
    I know I'm going OT now but by now this thread is pretty much already there... I love how .141 made it as far as it did through VZW testing when the FIRST thing they have to do is activate the phone by *228. Literally 3 minutes into the testing process they should have realized a pretty big issue with the build which changes their whole activation process at the counter. It makes me really wonder how throrough they are with their testing.
    Now I dont work for VZ, but I assume that since all dumbphones need to restart after *228, why not a BlackBerry? So technically, in my eyes, thats not a bug.

But if you knew you were OT, then dont post it in this thread.

Lets get it back on.
    05-19-09 07:03 AM
    Now I dont work for VZ, but I assume that since all dumbphones need to restart after *228, why not a BlackBerry? So technically, in my eyes, thats not a bug.

But if you knew you were OT, then dont post it in this thread.

Lets get it back on.
    LOL! Most dumbphones don't need a restart after *228, and if they do they either a.) restart themselves or b.) reset the radio only and come back with the new PRL. It may not be seen as a "bug" but it is an additional step in the flow chart and when you have trained monkeys at the counter, the last thing they need is deviation from the norm.

And you get back on it!
    05-19-09 07:16 AM
    Also, while we're talking about 5.X builds is that 5.0.0.133 in your sig?
    05-19-09 07:17 AM

That's what I keep saying about the *228 bug; however; it seems like a battery pull is WAY too much work for some of the folks who frequent these forums. There are folks on here (whom I will not name as I cannot remember precisely whom) who think that the *228 thing is a more significant bug than the unlocking problem.
    05-19-09 07:19 AM
399 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD