Hehe, don't make me laugh to hard.
    Whether he is under NDA or not, he can't disclose the information. Even if he isn't, his source might not want him to say anything.
    05-18-09 04:50 PM
    Whether he is under NDA or not, he can't disclose the information. Even if he isn't, his source might not want him to say anything.
    some info is particular to one position or team within a company, so if that info gets out, it leads back directly to where it came from. not all info is company wide...just keep that in mind when judging people for discussing or not discussing things around here.
    05-18-09 04:52 PM
    now as far as the 5.0 builds are concerned, i haven't seen any real headway indicating to me that they are actually in testing with the carriers. anyone know when the said carriers actually got the builds?
    After doing some searching, I found this. The date was 5-03-09. I think it was said several times but I can't remember.

Mark, they are testing a 5.0 build. I cant get into details, but they have been testing a few 5.0 builds.

Will one pass all tests, get pushed out? Doubtfull. At least anytime soon, but you never know!

I would say, in my opinion, we will see a 5.0 release, either on VZ or Bell/Telus, sooner rather then later though. Only a few months ago, I was seeing 5.0 as a distant future (late this year) release, but a lot has changed since, and its getting worked on BIG TIME for a release sooner
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    What a loyal friend then!
    I'm just wondering which first carrier will bring 5.0 lol.
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    some info is particular to one position or team within a company, so if that info gets out, it leads back directly to where it came from. not all info is company wide...just keep that in mind when judging people for discussing or not discussing things around here.
    Wait, who said I was judging anyone?
    05-18-09 04:57 PM
    radio has shown his information to be valid, however vague it can be at times. sndrvh, you haven't been around long enough to see the stuff that radio has done in the past. i appreciate your skepticism, but it's a bit misplaced in this discussion. there are plenty of people on here who don't know what they're talking about, and yet they post anyway. there are only a few on here who have real information to provide, where the rest just recycle the same topics, opinions, complaints, etc.

now as far as the 5.0 builds are concerned, i haven't seen any real headway indicating to me that they are actually in testing with the carriers. anyone know when the said carriers actually got the builds?
    its tru that im new in the BB world but im a quick learner. im not the right person to question radio's reliability. i follows radio's post's like 10X per day and i trust him for 100% but, you have to agree with me that there are some question that he doesnt/wont answer thats proven his reliability.

in the netherlands you call that "eerst zien, dan geloven"... wich basicly meens: ''first see, than believe"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sndrvh; 05-18-09 at 05:02 PM.
    05-18-09 04:58 PM
    in the netherlands you call that "eerst zien, dan geloven"... wich basicly meens: ''first see, than believe"
    Heh, I like that.
    05-18-09 05:03 PM
    Wait, who said I was judging anyone?
    i quoted you to support what you were saying, not disagree. you're not judging anyone...
    05-18-09 05:04 PM
    its tru that im new in the BB world but im a quick learner. im not the right person to question radio's reliability. i follows radio's post's like 10X per day and i trust him for 100% but, you have to agree with me that there are some question that he doesnt/wont answer thats proven his reliability.

maybe we like the same metal music?
    05-18-09 05:04 PM
    i quoted you to support what you were saying, not disagree. you're not judging anyone...
    Ah gotcha. I couldn't tell what you were getting it. Sorry bro.
    05-18-09 05:05 PM
    its all good mang, i'll multi-quote next time. sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers can type and you get stuck with the end result of a really long train of thought lmao
    05-18-09 05:10 PM
    OK, its now 00:20am in the netherlands i have to get up at 0500am in the morning. i enjoyed the confersation.
    tomorrow before 6 o'clock PM (local time) (6 or 7 hours erlier in the U.S.A.) i will get an update ABOUT the build and date VODAFONE NL releases there ��OS 5.0 for the 9500 storm��

HAVE A NICE EVENING!!!!

05-18-09 05:18 PM

. anyone know when the said carriers actually got the builds?
    Verizon has had 5.0 for both the 9630 & 9530 for well over a month. Other carriers for a little bit longer.
    05-18-09 05:19 PM
    any idea of a possible leak or official release
    05-18-09 05:25 PM
    Verizon has had 5.0 for both the 9630 & 9530 for well over a month. Other carriers for a little bit longer.
    so they've either failed or they're taking their sweet time to test them. this is a little longer than it usually takes to get through lab/network testing based on what you've seen, correct CX?
    05-18-09 05:26 PM
    any idea of a possible leak or official release
    if youre on verizon: I DONT KNOW
    if youre on VODAFONE: LESS THEN A MONTH

(OFFICIAL)

maybe tomorrow a leak,,,you'll never know

from what i've heard (VODAFONE NL) its not gonna take any much longer

Last edited by sndrvh; 05-18-09 at 05:31 PM.
    05-18-09 05:27 PM
    so they've either failed or they're taking their sweet time to test them. this is a little longer than it usually takes to get through lab/network testing based on what you've seen, correct CX?
    They're not looking to release this yet. Only to work on and test the builds to see where they're at. It's not so much about getting it out right now as seeing what's what and getting it ready. So yes basically they're taking their time, there is no rush right this minute to push out a 5.0 build. Almost, but not quite yet. And yeppers definitely longer than what it usually takes to QA a build.
    05-18-09 05:30 PM
    i hope they dump all 4.7 builds and just lay on the 5.0 until its ready. nothing so far seems to address any of the issues .75 has without adding something seriously bad to the mix. get it right, and be done with it for awhile.
    05-18-09 05:47 PM
    i hope they dump all 4.7 builds and just lay on the 5.0 until its ready. nothing so far seems to address any of the issues .75 has without adding something seriously bad to the mix. get it right, and be done with it for awhile.
    Yep. I agree 100%.
    05-18-09 05:52 PM
    I can't imagine that with the development time they had with 4.7 and the builds they supposedly reached (.2XX?) that they couldn't have put something solid together that worked well. The whole simultaneous 4.7/5.0 development sounded f'ing ******** to me anyway, but I guess if they got a solid .sfi out of the 4.7 team that would let the 5.0 guys focus more on the applications. Either way it just sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot to me.
    05-18-09 05:55 PM
    I can't imagine that with the development time they had with 4.7 and the builds they supposedly reached (.2XX?) that they couldn't have put something solid together that worked well. The whole simultaneous 4.7/5.0 development sounded f'ing ******** to me anyway, but I guess if they got a solid .sfi out of the 4.7 team that would let the 5.0 guys focus more on the applications. Either way it just sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot to me.
    yeah, the point they rolled the 4.7 into 5.0 was right around .2xx

the moment RIM rolled the development into 5.0, they should have told all carriers, "stop testing 4.7, we'll have a 5.0 build for you shortly. don't even waste your time."
    05-18-09 05:57 PM
    Man I missed a lot just from commuting home.
    05-18-09 05:58 PM
    Man I missed a lot just from commuting home.
    you need email notifications, my friend!
    05-18-09 05:59 PM
    the moment RIM rolled the development into 5.0, they should have told all carriers, "stop testing 4.7, we'll have a 5.0 build for you shortly. don't even waste your time."
    Agreed. Although looking at the 9630 idling with 111mb of application memory available and my Storm idling with 30mb available, I'm starting to think it's not practial to imagine a Storm running a whole bunch of apps and doing anything well. Seems like a hardware crutch like my old Treo 700w... I'd like to d*ck slap the guy that allocated 128mb of app memory to this POS.
    05-18-09 06:04 PM
    Oh, have they now??
    05-18-09 06:08 PM
399 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD