Are you really that naive? The 'leaked' OS updates are leaked on purpose for beta testing. It isn't as if some developer out there is sneaking the code out of the bulding! I've worked in software for a long time, and I know how tightly source code access is. This is all by design and to blame the users for Verizon and RIM's failures with this device is laughable.
    The leaks are not for beta testing purposes.
    05-18-09 12:46 PM
    Hey what's up Radio, thanks again for the conversation last night......cleared some things up
    Not a problem!
    05-18-09 12:47 PM
    Are you really that naive? The 'leaked' OS updates are leaked on purpose for beta testing. It isn't as if some developer out there is sneaking the code out of the bulding! I've worked in software for a long time, and I know how tightly source code access is. This is all by design and to blame the users for Verizon and RIM's failures with this device is laughable.
    just plain ol' wrong...sorry bro.
    05-18-09 12:52 PM
    The leaks are not for beta testing purposes.
    Ok. They are not for beta testing purposes.

Are you implying that they are truly 'leaks' and that a massive internal investigation is under way to get to the bottom of this scandal?
    05-18-09 12:53 PM
    I read this post a few times in a row, and I honestly can not find any logic to anything posted.

What type of point are you trying to make?
    I agree with you Radio 100% No sense!
    05-18-09 12:56 PM
    Ok. They are not for beta testing purposes.

Are you implying that they are truly 'leaks' and that a massive internal investigation is under way to get to the bottom of this scandal?
    possibly, they take that NDA stuff pretty seriously. but they won't discuss internal activities. so we'll never know unless someone gets fired and comes here and starts a thread "i got fired for leaking you .141" or something.
    05-18-09 12:56 PM
    Thank god that was your last post oilersboy, because it was a load of tripe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:01 PM
    possibly, they take that NDA stuff pretty seriously. but they won't discuss internal activities. so we'll never know unless someone gets fired and comes here and starts a thread "i got fired for leaking you .141" or something.
    The first thing they should do is fire Wile E. Coyote from his job at the head of security.
    05-18-09 01:02 PM
    The first thing they should do is fire Wile E. Coyote from his job at the head of security.
    no matter what they do for security, the company is so large that there will always be information and software leaks. they're taking steps to prevent that as of recent builds, but that is only until someone figures out how to bypass that...

besides, most leaks come from partners who are testing builds, not from RIM directly. some carrier's tester gives the build to their friend or something...
    05-18-09 01:07 PM
    Keep it on topic folks! Several posts had to be deleted!
    05-18-09 01:18 PM
    Maybe Radio or somebody else with knowledge of the industry and how it work can answer this question.

When RIM release an OS to it vendors (Verizon, Vodafone, etc.) what is the average time it takes them to release it to it's customers? (I know it can range greatly between vendors but I was just wondering what a general time is.)
    05-18-09 01:21 PM
    Maybe Radio or somebody else with knowledge of the industry and how it work can answer this question.

When RIM release an OS to it vendors (Verizon, Vodafone, etc.) what is the average time it takes them to release it to it's customers? (I know it can range greatly between vendors but I was just wondering what a general time is.)
    well for VZW it seems like lab/network testing takes quite awhile...friendly user testing for .141 was about 10 days, and it could have been ready as soon as 48 hours after testing finished. so maybe a month or more?
    05-18-09 01:25 PM

You answered your own question already.
    05-18-09 01:31 PM
    It takes about 30 days for Verizon to get it and about 30 days for a stamp of approval

05-18-09 01:32 PM
    It takes about 30 days for Verizon to get it and about 30 days for a stamp of approval

VZ can grab a build from the partners site. Testing can vary greatly.
    05-18-09 01:43 PM
    Verizon is notoriously slow (thorough some may say????) when it comes to the certification process.
    05-18-09 01:51 PM
    VZ can grab a build from the partners site. Testing can vary greatly.
    Great to have radio here to answer questions........seems to be one of the few with some solid, GENUINE, knowledgable answers.....
    05-18-09 02:01 PM
    i only wish that there was a way to uncover the lab/network certification process so we could figure out WHY its so slow...besides the fact that they test EVERY product that VZW has/is going to have....

part facetious, part serious
    05-18-09 02:04 PM
    i only wish that there was a way to uncover the lab/network certification process so we could figure out WHY its so slow...besides the fact that they test EVERY product that VZW has/is going to have....

part facetious, part serious
    Get a job with vzw testing department then and report back to us loo.....they security has been more strict which is why leaks are slowing , jobs are on the line seriously now ...especially beta device pictures ....the fact that most now know that you'll loose your income which some have seen it happen over some of this. Employees don't want to risk it end of story

05-18-09 02:17 PM
    So the entire build set of 180 to 189 failed? Failed according to who? They worked just fine. Maybe to a carrier, depending on how strict they are there might be builds that fail, but they functioned on the Storm just fine.

Patches already told me about how someone asked you a 5.0 question and you guys thought it would be funny to run with it as a joke.

I'm sorry you took my statement the wrong way. I never said the whole build set failed, I know of one build from .18X and one build from .19X that failed at a carrier. And like you said about the carrier. It could be very strict.

Patches and I have talked about that, and we cleared everything about 5.0 up. So don't jump to conclusions until you know the WHOLE story.

Now back on topic.

Hurry up Verizon with 5.0.
    05-18-09 02:18 PM
    Not that it is on topic at all but I would like to "pat myself on the back" (;-0) for creating a post that has thus far generated 15 pages of posts. Petty, i know, but I am somewhat proud of myself!!! Now lets get a new OS leak!
    05-18-09 02:20 PM
    Subtract the off-topic posts, bickering, name calling, funny pictures/comments, and I think we're really on page 1 or 2. Lots of pages, very little worthwhile content.
    05-18-09 02:23 PM
    I love to believe hearsay. It keeps me alive..
    05-18-09 02:35 PM
    People are funny. People in this thread are funny. Funny most of the people who are posting in this thread have no firsthand knowledge of what they're telling everyone. It's all second hand, and that my friends is hearsay. And old news at that. The need to feel important is obviously an important one for some of you.
    Who woke up on the wrong side of bed?

Most threads will have the same stuff, but there are always good tid bits of information that those "in-the-know" do pass along when they can.

Hopefully something will leak or become official and we'll have another thread to fill with comments and findings. Until then I will continue to read these posts and grab the valuable information that others do share. Thanks to those that do post your tid bits.
    05-18-09 02:35 PM
    Subtract the off-topic posts, bickering, name calling, funny pictures/comments, and I think we're really on page 1 or 2. Lots of pages, very little worthwhile content.
    Off-topic? Bickering? Name calling? On Crackberry? Surely you jest!
    05-18-09 02:36 PM
399 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD