Yes the storm 2 is coming to verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:33 AM
    Yes the storm 2 is coming to verizon

But not for quite some time......
    05-18-09 09:04 AM
    Yes there are probably some handsets that have QC issues and apparently the refurb dept has horrible QC but i still believe a lot of the issues that we see people complaining about is user error. I am not discounting the bugs that everyone can duplicate, I am talking about the ones that are localized to 2-10 people and they are the only ones with that specific complaint.

I will relate this back to cars since I have spent the better part of my life working for the local dealer. Everyone loves their car when they buy it and typically have a 45 day window where there are no issues what so ever. Then they have to make that first payment that they have never had to make before and are scrambling to find the money for it. Then all of a sudden they are in the service dept every other day complaining about something that either a.)doesn't exists or b.)is something that is trivial and they were dealing with for the last 45 days without a complain of it.

I see this scenario replicated throughout various industries time and time again. I have seen it in the military as well as I am reclassifying my MOS with the National Guard and watching these recruits come through talking about I didn't sign up to run 3 miles a day. Yet the contract they signed states that they will remain in good physical condition to be able to meet the APFT(Army Physical Fitness Test) standards.

Sorry to the OP for getting a little off topic here. Radio some of us do enjoy what our BB can do. Yeah I want it to do more like cook my dinner and keep my kids in line but that is just taking the value out of family time.
    I don't agree with you on this. I think the people going through several replacements are fishing for that one "perfect" handset. There's no arguing that the Storm has issues, but the problem with a lot of people is that they cannot recognize a software issue vs a hardware one most of the time. A lot of replacements probably have happened which didn't need to happen, but at the same time there's several phones out there that have screen click issues, period.

That being said, the other part of this is that I don't want to put up with bugs in the most recent versions of the OS that weren't there with the release software. There is one perticular bug on my list that this EXACT thing has happened with. The HTML email menu choice bug is the one I'm talking about. It wasn't there in .7x builds, so why the f should it be there in EACH AND EVERY release up to .141? Why?... because RIM overlooked it and didn't find it. I highly doubt they saw the issue and simply said "Meh, who cares... they won't notice." To me this is a glaring problem with the GUI code in itself. It shows that RIM's having some kind of diffculty tailoring the menu GUI around the touch screen interface. There are certain conditional arguments in the GUI code that trigger what menu choices should be presented to the user based on certain conditions. This part is ultimately flawed and is causing this problem. It needs to be fixed and fixed quickly. I honestly could care less about the lock issue in .141 (that's why I didn't put it on the list... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and state that it probably slipped by and until it ends up in release after release, I won't add it), but for the other things listed to be left unfixed is simply UNACCEPTABLE and if NO ONE on any of the testing teams (RIM or carrier) thinks they are acceptable, then they should be ashamed of themselves as it shows the type of quality of product that we've seemed to come to expect from the last few years out of RIM. Ever since they started to get fancy with the code (starting with 4.5), we've seen a lot of problamatic code... more so in 4.6 and 4.7, but the track record really started in 4.5. It's almost like they are traveling in uncharted territory or something....
    05-18-09 09:20 AM
    It works quite well. Not sure what builds of viigo and the Storm you have.

Radio,

Im sure that this questoin is asked before but cant find it anywhere.
    Do you know an release date for STORM OS 5??

Thnks

05-18-09 10:16 AM
    Radio,

Thnks

The release date for OS's is determined by the carriers, so no one knows this information.
    05-18-09 10:27 AM
    Radio,

Thnks

Either he or cx claimed several weeks ago that there was a build given the stamp of approval and was ready to be released.

Just corner them and ask them what happened to it.

05-18-09 10:29 AM
    Radio,

While I'm not Radio, I know the answer to this q. No one who knows this will say, assuming that any date had been determined. So if Radio answers this, he'll say he can't say or no one knows yet.

You just need to be patient.

05-18-09 10:31 AM
    Either he or cx claimed several weeks ago that there was a build given the stamp of approval and was ready to be released.

Just corner them and ask them what happened to it.

That wasn't 5, that was 4.7 and that version itself was kinda buggy too... hence why it never came out and VZW is still sitting on it, while testing other versions, but most likely running into the same bugs/issues with each release.
    05-18-09 10:33 AM
    While I'm not Radio, I know the answer to this q. No one who knows this will say, assuming that any date had been determined. So if Radio answers this, he'll say he can't say or no one knows yet.

You just need to be patient.

that sucks!!
    but thanks anyway!
    owh btw do you have a rough prediction when it will leak and of it will leak before official arrives (like: 1 year, 1 week, 2 months???)
    sorry for the bad spelling, im from the netherlands.

Last edited by sndrvh; 05-18-09 at 11:03 AM.
    05-18-09 10:57 AM
    Well, at least something good came out of the post.
    LOL haha!!
    you are totally right

05-18-09 11:18 AM
    Hahaha craaazy

05-18-09 11:20 AM
    Radio,

Thnks

As mark posted, only a carrier would be able to answer this.
    05-18-09 11:27 AM
    On topic guys...
    05-18-09 11:30 AM
    so if i contact VODAFONE NL wich is the carrier im with they have the answer to this?!

CALLING RIGHT NOW.......................
    if they have the answer you guys would be the first to know it!

05-18-09 11:34 AM
    so if i contact VODAFONE NL wich is the carrier im with they have the answer to this?!

allright vodafone nl says 5.0 will be released for the 9500 in less then a month the ecxactly date and build he diddnt know because the blackberry experts are allready home because its in the netherlands now 0645 pm.
    tomorrow i will call them before six oclock and get more details!!

Last edited by sndrvh; 05-18-09 at 11:45 AM.
    05-18-09 11:43 AM
    I must admit that storm users here are the ones who screwed verizon because of downloading leaked OS or other carrier's OS which they do not support.

why is that ?

1) it is because you all did ignore verizon and took serious risk by downloading leaked OS or other carrier's which verizon doesn't support.

2) they knew you did those and that is why they did not give you all any updates for 6 months. rememeber what happened to .141 ? they failed the test because of it as I mentioned in question number #1

verizon users shouldn't complain to them because verizon and RIM is working very hard to satisfy customers about blackberry devices. just be happy with your storm , quit worrying and just leave your problems to them and they will take care of it.

you should have leave your storm as is when you bought the first time then maybe you will never had anymore problem by making negative comments in this forums
    JUST REMEMBER AT ONCE FOR ALL TIMES, NO SMARTPHONES ARE PERFECT EITHER !
    thank you everyone here !

have a nice day and it will be my last ever comments that I made in these forums.
    05-18-09 11:53 AM
    Are you saying if we didn't download .141 then they would have approved it even though it is flawed?

From Verizon's point of view, why would they care if we choose to DL leaked software on to our phones? They can deny us any help fixing our phones if illegal software is on there, so why would they care? They could make money off it. Also, when they get an OS for approval, and it leaks, they usually have about 1/4 million CB fans chiming in on all the details, good and bad, of what the OS is doing. All for free.

There are allot of VZ Storm owners who probably would ahve switched out phones by now if the exciting aspect of leaked software and hybrids wasn't available.....Myself included.
    05-18-09 12:01 PM

Hey what's up Radio, thanks again for the conversation last night......cleared some things up
    05-18-09 12:03 PM
    It should be quite intresting to see what 5.0 does have to offer however, because to me I don't see much yet on anything BIS... but I do love the memory management, but from OS 4 to OS 5 you would think we would see more UI changes then what isn't. That's just my thought, lol.

05-18-09 12:10 PM
    I must admit that storm users here are the ones who screwed verizon because of downloading leaked OS or other carrier's OS which they do not support.

why is that ?

1) it is because you all did ignore verizon and took serious risk by downloading leaked OS or other carrier's which verizon doesn't support.

2) they knew you did those and that is why they did not give you all any updates for 6 months. rememeber what happened to .141 ? they failed the test because of it as I mentioned in question number #1

verizon users shouldn't complain to them because verizon and RIM is working very hard to satisfy customers about blackberry devices. just be happy with your storm , quit worrying and just leave your problems to them and they will take care of it.

you should have leave your storm as is when you bought the first time then maybe you will never had anymore problem by making negative comments in this forums

have a nice day and it will be my last ever comments that I made in these forums.
    Yeah, Oilersboy, but don't forget Crackberry members make up a VERY SMALL population of Storm owners. The rest are still on .75 (or even .65 because they don't know better).
    05-18-09 12:15 PM
    If 1 million (very roughly was sold) and 10,000 members are storm owners on Crackberry, that 10,000/1,000,000 is only 1% of the population. Very small.

05-18-09 12:28 PM
    I know (from VERY trustworthy source) that they have 5.0.0.127 on their storm. We also know that 4.7 has been tested up to .201. Why cant we get anything better than what we have now? 141 failed vzw testing, 146 was rumored to be good, but in reality, if the 5.0.0,127 is out there, how come no one has uploaded any of the 5.0 builds (probably a few versions floating around btw 100 and 127...)? Are the NDAs that restrictive or so few people have it that it can be traced to the source that easily? Someone do us a favor and toss us an "os bone" would ya?
    I think you answered your own question in the post. If you're source has 5.0.0.127 and won't give it up, that would explain why we haven't seen anything else. Some people actually like their jobs and would prefer not to risk theirs just to make us addicts happy
    05-18-09 12:31 PM

I dont think calling them will get you anywhere
    05-18-09 12:43 PM

why is that ?

Are you really that naive? The 'leaked' OS updates are leaked on purpose for beta testing. It isn't as if some developer out there is sneaking the code out of the bulding! I've worked in software for a long time, and I know how tightly source code access is. This is all by design and to blame the users for Verizon and RIM's failures with this device is laughable.
    05-18-09 12:44 PM

why is that ?

I read this post a few times in a row, and I honestly can not find any logic to anything posted.

What type of point are you trying to make?
    05-18-09 12:45 PM
399 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD