Hate to be OT, but are you really 0mie? Would make a lot of sense.
    Haha wow now that you mention it, it would. I have both of their Twitters and they're separate so maybe not though. Unless they're putting WAAAy too much effort into it.
    05-18-09 12:33 AM
    I'm willing to bet that the carriers may not also be communicating all they could to RIM on some issues either. Either that or RIM is just getting their a** handed to them trying to code for the Storm. What's the chance some kind of hardware combination inherent to the Storm (that they overlooked) is causing so many issues for them all of a sudden? I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that the Storm is the first BB that seems to have VERY diverse behavior from handset to handset under the same OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:34 AM
    do you know how long it took me to prove to these people that i knew what i was talking about? plenty of people STILL doubt me even after i got .141...AND i've called every build that got to final stages of testing and failed...at least a week ahead of every major news article on the internet.
    True but you've never been evasive to the point of complete disbelief, AND you gave us enough quality info that there was MUCH less doubt about you. Not to mention, YIU DID LEAK .141!

Last edited by marcuswyse; 05-18-09 at 12:46 AM.
    05-18-09 12:35 AM
    I'm willing to bet that the carriers may not also be communicating all they could to RIM on some issues either. Either that or RIM is just getting their a** handed to them trying to code for the Storm. What's the chance some kind of hardware combination inherent to the Storm (that they overlooked) is causing so many issues for them all of a sudden? I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that the Storm is the first BB that seems to have VERY diverse behavior from handset to handset under the same OS.

this is the closest to a valid reason as i've heard yet. my friend who tests, his storm is PERFECT! i've had 5, about to FRU again, and i'll ask for a brand new one because i got all 4 of the exchanges less than a month ago, the FRU i kept was alright, but it took 4 to get one worth keeping. i've never had that issue with any other phone, including advanced devices. this is the first model that RIM has had serious hardware issues with...maybe they changed something? idk, they're so hush hush about everything its hard to even speculate properly! i think i'm gonna have to break into RIM again
    05-18-09 12:49 AM
    True but you've never been evasive to the point of complete disbelief, AND you gave us enough quality info that there was MUCH less doubt about you. Not to mention, YIU DID LEAK .141!

i just dumped the files, i didn't leak the full .exe file...someone had to one up me and not the good "one up" like in video games, either!
    05-18-09 12:50 AM
    Make sure to grab a couple of next gen Storms on the way out patches.

05-18-09 12:53 AM
    At least you threw some javas our way
    We appreciate it bro.....

05-18-09 12:53 AM
    i'll jack you a storm 2 if you promise to get BBM and chat with me, civic! i can only imagine the sort of hijinx we'd come up with on a fully open dialogue! we'd have to publish it as a comic book or something!

and you're welcome again marcus. it was fun pulling an all nighter. i got in huge trouble from my school for falling asleep in class lmao!
    05-18-09 12:55 AM
    Seems we ourselves have gotten so picky with finding things wrong with the leaks that I think we've inadvertently raised the standard on the kind of leaks we'd be happy with, that some are maybe even not worth the risk and hassle anymore.

05-18-09 12:58 AM
    Well if they are newer than .141 they should be worth the risk because they are newer. The builds are likely to get better not worst. I mean if you look past some bugs like the unlocking with physical keys one. I'm sure they got rid of that soon after.
    05-18-09 01:00 AM
    it seems logical to say that urban, but idk. its hard to say without seeing them. the fact that there are GLARING FLAWS that repeat in every build, it's hard to to have faith in them very much more. basically, i'll believe it when i see it. discussion and speculation will continue. i do have faith, however that it will get resolved LONG before the storm 2 even gets to full blown testing with the carriers.
    05-18-09 01:02 AM
    lol BBMing you and talking to u on here at the same time about 2 different things. Well pretty sure Radio or Crucial said that .126 is starting to seem better than the latest 4.7 build so thats good....
    05-18-09 01:04 AM
    get used to it urban, my friend and i hold simultaneous conversations on SMS/BBM/corporate and personal email as well as forum posts...welcome to the world of multi-tasking capable communication devices, my friend!
    05-18-09 01:08 AM
    get used to it urban, my friend and i hold simultaneous conversations on SMS/BBM/corporate and personal email as well as forum posts...welcome to the world of multi-tasking capable communication devices, my friend!
    Honestly, I love it. I'm really good at it. Only problem is the Storm is a little slow with multitasking. THIS IS WHY I WANT A NEW BUILD. I'm hoping they will increase the speed of this.
    05-18-09 01:09 AM
    mine only lags if i have a bunch of stuff going AND the browser...usually i only do that when i wanna copy/paste stuff and i'm not near a PC...
    05-18-09 01:12 AM
    viigo alpha does not work correctly on 5.0 on the storm.. but Ubertwitter .55 does!!
    It works quite well. Not sure what builds of viigo and the Storm you have.

05-18-09 06:01 AM
    I want to also see the multiple slide screen.... Like the Iphone.... I dont like making a folder for my apps....id love to be able to do like the LG Versa and the Iphone and slide to the side to bring up my apps
    You won't see this is the OS core, but you never know theme wise. I have seen some amazing themes from great developers.

05-18-09 06:03 AM
    Hmmm...I believe you but can you find the thread or remember who said it? Maybe Radio can comment on this.
    I never mentioned any surprise. Sorry.

05-18-09 06:05 AM
    OS failed!
    So the entire build set of 180 to 189 failed? Failed according to who? They worked just fine. Maybe to a carrier, depending on how strict they are there might be builds that fail, but they functioned on the Storm just fine.

Patches already told me about how someone asked you a 5.0 question and you guys thought it would be funny to run with it as a joke.

Please stop feeding info that most of the time needs to be corrected.

I appologize to the OP that I got off topic a bit, and I'm glad this thread finally did get back on topic. Let's leave it this way. No need to agree/disagree to what I said.

Let's just drop it, and get back on

05-18-09 06:10 AM
    Well, we did get some nice Storm 2 pics on Leak Thursday.

Which to be honest, no one should of seen.

Now there's a hight likely hood someone will get fired.

Granted, its their fault for doing what they did.

05-18-09 06:13 AM
    Seems we ourselves have gotten so picky with finding things wrong with the leaks that I think we've inadvertently raised the standard on the kind of leaks we'd be happy with, that some are maybe even not worth the risk and hassle anymore.

Couldn't agree with this more...
    05-18-09 06:14 AM

Now that's an interesting concept. . 5.0 squashes/will squash some of those bugs. But I think some of you just need to enjoy the device for what it CAN do now, vs what you want it to do. . It will get there.

05-18-09 06:15 AM
    Now that's an interesting concept. . 5.0 squashes/will squash some of those bugs. But I think some of you just need to enjoy the device for what it CAN do now, vs what you want it to do. . It will get there.

Very good point radio. At least 5.0 is something we can look forward to.

05-18-09 07:03 AM

Yes there are probably some handsets that have QC issues and apparently the refurb dept has horrible QC but i still believe a lot of the issues that we see people complaining about is user error. I am not discounting the bugs that everyone can duplicate, I am talking about the ones that are localized to 2-10 people and they are the only ones with that specific complaint.

I will relate this back to cars since I have spent the better part of my life working for the local dealer. Everyone loves their car when they buy it and typically have a 45 day window where there are no issues what so ever. Then they have to make that first payment that they have never had to make before and are scrambling to find the money for it. Then all of a sudden they are in the service dept every other day complaining about something that either a.)doesn't exists or b.)is something that is trivial and they were dealing with for the last 45 days without a complain of it.

I see this scenario replicated throughout various industries time and time again. I have seen it in the military as well as I am reclassifying my MOS with the National Guard and watching these recruits come through talking about I didn't sign up to run 3 miles a day. Yet the contract they signed states that they will remain in good physical condition to be able to meet the APFT(Army Physical Fitness Test) standards.

Sorry to the OP for getting a little off topic here. Radio some of us do enjoy what our BB can do. Yeah I want it to do more like cook my dinner and keep my kids in line but that is just taking the value out of family time.
    05-18-09 08:00 AM
    Which to be honest, no one should of seen.

Now there's a hight likely hood someone will get fired.

Granted, its their fault for doing what they did.

Is the Storm 2 definitely coming to Verizon?
    05-18-09 08:28 AM
399 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD