I wouldn't trust Omie having anything, especially after the track record at Hofo. The only ones who have 5.0(new ones) are those that work directly for Research In Motion and those who work in the Development Labs at carriers.
    Radio doesn't work for RIM and probably just knows someone that he gets information from.
    Crucial might work for RIM but it's probably just a Partner.
    Youre not going to see anyone who's really in the know spouting off all kinds of inside information on their Twitter. I've seen two of the three you mentioned Twitters and one of them says nothing about BlackBerrys. The other tries to put information out there, which usually is a tale tale sign it's not really them that's in the know. None of this matter a whole bunch, but youhave to be careful what you believe.
    Do you know radio personally? If not how can you state that he doesn't work for RIM? Not trying to start a war just asking a simple question as 99% of the info he puts out here is fairly accurate.
    05-17-09 10:31 AM
    I'm not going to make this about any one person. But he doesn't. Ask him. Plus, people who work for RIM don't do too many BES activations which if you follow his Twitter you will see he does them all the time. You might also want to check RIM locations and which ones do what. It's obvious if you know the inner workings that he doesn't. But it doesn't matter because like you said he gives good information. But just because someone gives good information doesn't mean they work for the company.
    I refuse to get sucked into the "twitter sphere". I am waiting on people to start complaining about the 140 character limit there like they do about the 160 character limit on texting. But your explanation makes sense.
    05-17-09 10:48 AM
    Too bad your beloved .122 release you're running from your carrier is EXACTLY the same version as the one that leaked and guess what? It has the same bugs in it that your carrier missed in testing. But hey, keep living in your dream world...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you miss the big point is beta is not supported by rim or carriers and non beta is supported by rim or carriers and it works fine

it is same with internet explorer 7 beta which I did download 2 yrs ago on my desktop. it was a huge mess for my computer so I did got rid of beta thing. but for my laptop my internet explorer 7 without beta works smoothly and no problem whatsover. same for windows live messenger which I did have 2 yrs ago it was also messed up and someone hacked and change new password.

beta is still no good period ! , best is official release which is more stable OS

I have read someone who have bell storm with .122 in the forums here and that person does not have any major issues with that .122. oh other thing is I am not living in a big dream either and my storm will work just perfectly fine till 5.0 without beta is released. have a good day !!
    05-17-09 10:55 AM
    I'm not going to make this about any one person. But he doesn't. Ask him. Plus, people who work for RIM don't do too many BES activations which if you follow his Twitter you will see he does them all the time. You might also want to check RIM locations and which ones do what. It's obvious if you know the inner workings that he doesn't. But it doesn't matter because like you said he gives good information. But just because someone gives good information doesn't mean they work for the company.
    Isn't Kitchener right next to Waterloo? j/k

Folks,

Does it really matter who works for who, or where people get their info? Often the info is correct, sometimes not. Leaks happen when they do, NO ONE (except the leaker) controls it, and RIM actively tries to prevent. We'll get a 5.0 leak eventually and you can BET the second it leaks you'll find it here at CB.
    05-17-09 12:30 PM
    I wouldn't trust Omie having anything, especially after the track record at Hofo. The only ones who have 5.0(new ones) are those that work directly for Research In Motion and those who work in the Development Labs at carriers.
    Radio doesn't work for RIM and probably just knows someone that he gets information from.
    Crucial might work for RIM but it's probably just a Partner.
    Youre not going to see anyone who's really in the know spouting off all kinds of inside information on their Twitter. I've seen two of the three you mentioned Twitters and one of them says nothing about BlackBerrys. The other tries to put information out there, which usually is a tale tale sign it's not really them that's in the know. None of this matter a whole bunch, but youhave to be careful what you believe.
    btw RIM employees and partners are two different companies, you can't be a RIM employee and "a partner"

and i spout off information all the time
    05-17-09 12:31 PM
    let me rephrase my last comment and then maybe we can discuss it rationally...

i am in the know, and i discuss proprietary internal workings about storm testing...

some of us don't have NDAs, or we just ignore them. im one from the first group.
    05-17-09 12:47 PM
    Isn't Kitchener right next to Waterloo? j/k

Folks,

Does it really matter who works for who, or where people get their info? Often the info is correct, sometimes not. Leaks happen when they do, NO ONE (except the leaker) controls it, and RIM actively tries to prevent. We'll get a 5.0 leak eventually and you can BET the second it leaks you'll find it here at CB.
    Agreed. When/if it leaks, CB will more than likely be the first site it's posted up on. Regardless, let's keep the discussion on 5.0 and not anyone's job or lack there of. Pointless. Thanks for your cooperation.
    05-17-09 12:54 PM
    Agreed. When/if it leaks, CB will more than likely be the first site it's posted up on. Regardless, let's keep the discussion on 5.0 and not anyone's job or lack there of. Pointless. Thanks for your cooperation.
    That's what I was implying.
    05-17-09 01:12 PM
    you miss the big point is beta is not supported by rim or carriers and non beta is supported by rim or carriers and it works fine

it is same with internet explorer 7 beta which I did download 2 yrs ago on my desktop. it was a huge mess for my computer so I did got rid of beta thing. but for my laptop my internet explorer 7 without beta works smoothly and no problem whatsover. same for windows live messenger which I did have 2 yrs ago it was also messed up and someone hacked and change new password.

beta is still no good period ! , best is official release which is more stable OS

I have read someone who have bell storm with .122 in the forums here and that person does not have any major issues with that .122. oh other thing is I am not living in a big dream either and my storm will work just perfectly fine till 5.0 without beta is released. have a good day !!
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IE betas get updated and adjusted based on feedback and issues. Hence the official was better than the beta.

WIth RIM OS betas they are exactly what eventually gets sent out (if chosen) to the users. That's why there are so many different builds floating around at once. .122 is .122 whether it's official or not. The only difference would be the vendor.xml file. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    05-17-09 02:26 PM

As I've posted before, and another poster said in this thread, there is absolutely no difference between betas and official releases except the Vendor.xml file. For instance, .266 leaked for the Bold. Then a week later, Vodafone UK released it as Official. So those that loaded it when it leaked were basically loading an official release.
    05-17-09 02:50 PM
    Is anything getting close?

there is no anticipation of a new build to test, which usually means there is no news indicating that a new build is coming anytime soon. and this is from many different reps responsible for testing in all different reigons, all over the U.S. in the mean time i've been trying to weasel out some info about lab/network testing, etc...
    05-17-09 03:00 PM
    OK, glad we got that ironed out.... again.

Well, since it seems that people on here apparently totally misunderstand concepts and terminology... cough... yobsrelio... cough, how about we change the use of BETA for non-official OS releases to RTM (Release To Manufacturing). That way, we won't cloud the idea that these releases' code is somehow manipulated or changed when one becomes official bearing the same release as its non-official COMPLETELY IDENTIAL version.

I think that may help a few out there gain a better understanding that NOTHING in the process of certification (on the base OS code itself) is changed.

Oh... almost forgot... the reason people run into problems with RTM versions of the OS is because of "user error", not because of the OS itself. If there are issues (software wise) with that release, be it RTM or official from a carrier, those software issues/bugs will be met by everyone that has loaded either version... the "other issues" people seem to constantly post about are attributed to "user error" and nothing more. Stating anything in contrary to this is.... well... "user error".

Have A Nice Day
    05-17-09 03:27 PM
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IE betas get updated and adjusted based on feedback and issues. Hence the official was better than the beta.

WIth RIM OS betas they are exactly what eventually gets sent out (if chosen) to the users. That's why there are so many different builds floating around at once. .122 is .122 whether it's official or not. The only difference would be the vendor.xml file. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

you see many users here using leaked OS have run into all kinds of problems that makes users fuming mad and was waiting for verizon for 6 months to release stable OS.

even users using the vendor.xml file it will not solve the problem at all because users just simply took the risk by downloading os which is not fully supported by carriers or rim. beta is just simply a test that cause bugs no matter what ? blackberry or computers , it does cause problems. that is why, I just don't trust beta thing at all and other thing I prefer having no worries, frustration, or even mad at rim or any carriers for this mess with storm.
    05-17-09 03:50 PM
    you see many users here using leaked OS have run into all kinds of problems that makes users fuming mad and was waiting for verizon for 6 months to release stable OS.

even users using the vendor.xml file it will not solve the problem at all because users just simply took the risk by downloading os which is not fully supported by carriers or rim. beta is just simply a test that cause bugs no matter what ? blackberry or computers , it does cause problems. that is why, I just don't trust beta thing at all and other thing I prefer having no worries, frustration, or even mad at rim or any carriers for this mess with storm.
    You are blatantly ignoring the message that civic and CX have stated time and time again. Break the code down and show me the difference between the beta .122 and Telus's official .122 other than the vendor.xml file.
    05-17-09 03:57 PM
    Fail again... It was close though... you missed it by just one post. lol

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Who else is excited that OS5 finally has a properly looking startup screen?
    Your welcome. Bring on the "new and improved" 5.0 features. Anxiously awaiting them myself.
    05-17-09 04:23 PM
    this pics point back to YOU cuz you post it here.
    WTF is wrong with you? English is clearly not your first language, and yet you're a hockey fan. That makes you french. I know that the schools in Quebec can only turn out politicians and idiots, but you really take the cake. You're even a moron in your choice of hockey teams.

If you don't want to download a Beta OS, then go on your way and don't worry about it, but as several people have pointed out to you, Beta OS's are good for some people. I personally run a Beta OS and have no issues with it. I have run several Beta OS's and haven't run into anything unexpected. The reason most of the Beta OS's haven't been released officially is simply due to minor bugs in different areas. I don't download when the beta first comes out, I wait to see what the bugs are, and decide if I can work around them and they are worth the positive side of the release. There are many positive sides as well, especially for users whose official version is .75 or .76. For current Bell and Telus users who have upgraded to .122, the difference will be less dramatic with the Beta versions.

I'm doubting though that you have taken the "risk" of upgrading your official version yet either. That is if you can figure out how to do it. Do us all a favour, return your storm and get a basic phone, and stick to the forums that are in your first official language.
    05-17-09 05:05 PM

I'm not sure what about this you're not getting. For instance, .122. It was available as a "beta" before a carrier released it. Those that loaded it before it was "Official" loaded the same thing you did when your carrier released it. Same bugs and all. The version your carrier released is the EXACT SAME VERSION THAT LEAKED. NO DIFFERENCE. So your comments about betas only being bug ridden is incorrect. But you're just not grasping what is actually going on here.
    05-17-09 05:17 PM
    Settle it down people! Its just a phone after al!

05-17-09 05:25 PM
    Settle it down people! Its just a phone after al!

No PK!! Its not just a phone!! Its more then just a phone. Some of us cling on to the idea it can do laundry, make our coffee, and...

Ohhh crap... Did I say that out loud?
    05-17-09 05:43 PM
    No PK!! Its not just a phone!! Its more then just a phone. Some of us cling on to the idea it can do laundry, make our coffee, and...

Ohhh crap... Did I say that out loud?
    Um, mine makes great coffee. Has not figured out how to iron yet but getting there.
    05-17-09 05:46 PM
    Um, mine makes great coffee. Has not figured out how to iron yet but getting there.
    Iron? Who Irons anymore? Thats why the make wrinkle free my friend
    05-17-09 06:22 PM
    ironing FTW, brah! that's how you get them kickass pleats and creases!
    05-17-09 07:06 PM
    WTF is wrong with you? English is clearly not your first language, and yet you're a hockey fan. That makes you french. I know that the schools in Quebec can only turn out politicians and idiots, but you really take the cake. You're even a moron in your choice of hockey teams.

If you don't want to download a Beta OS, then go on your way and don't worry about it, but as several people have pointed out to you, Beta OS's are good for some people. I personally run a Beta OS and have no issues with it. I have run several Beta OS's and haven't run into anything unexpected. The reason most of the Beta OS's haven't been released officially is simply due to minor bugs in different areas. I don't download when the beta first comes out, I wait to see what the bugs are, and decide if I can work around them and they are worth the positive side of the release. There are many positive sides as well, especially for users whose official version is .75 or .76. For current Bell and Telus users who have upgraded to .122, the difference will be less dramatic with the Beta versions.

I'm doubting though that you have taken the "risk" of upgrading your official version yet either. That is if you can figure out how to do it. Do us all a favour, return your storm and get a basic phone, and stick to the forums that are in your first official language.
    you are alllllllllll wrong about me, first of all , I am not in Quebec and also I am not speaking french at all and I am in Edmonton alberta since moving from ontario in 1997. I did went through personal experience with beta and I do know much more than that because I did went into lots of problem with my pc once before and I learned a hard lesson about beta thing and it is not worth the risk.

I do not need to return the storm and get basic phone at all, I will just stick with my storm and be happy with it and I don`t worry about anything.

if you took the risk using beta then it is your own problem, not mine. don`t complain about verizon for failing to release OS update because you all just took the risk and they knew it and that`s why they won`t give out any update for 6 months now and it is not my problems
    05-17-09 07:49 PM
    ughhh please no more off topic.....lets talk 5.0 please?

Question...

What time are you guys leaking 5.0 tonight? (joke)
    05-17-09 07:54 PM
    ughhh please no more off topic.....lets talk 5.0 please?

Question...

What time are you guys leaking 5.0 tonight? (joke)
    No need for it to leak if you already have it.
    05-17-09 07:56 PM
399 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD