I can't wait for the 5.0 release. I just got my storm yesterday and am really enjoying it. I haven't put a leaked OS on it yet but I'm learning a lot.
    The fact that verizon personnel tell customers that the new OS is "around the corner" is unfair. I would be so pleased if an update came out today but that won't happen.

Still, the storm rules over the iphone with only a few minor caveats.
    05-16-09 02:32 PM
    We have a better chance at officially announcing world peace then seeing a 5.0 leak or official release (for the 9530) anytime this decade...

I've pretty much given up on VZW. The 9530 was put out knowingly that it was physically and operational flawed, and they had and still have no remorse for it. Nice phone to some degrees, but knowing what I know now (Tour,STORM 2 so soon) I would have just passed on the 9530. They have abandoned this device, and are preparing for greener pastures with the Tour and STORM 2 (regardless if its not till Q2 2010).

$$$$
    agreed, the release of the storm was a business decision, but the support of the device will follow the same track record as every other blackberry device that has ever existed. as long as 10 users are still carrying one, they'll still work on resolving issues, and release software to fix any bugs that persist. there will be no "abandoning" of the device in "preparation for greener pastures". no carrier OR manufacturer has ever done that. if that were the case then you could expect to get swapped out (like with the chocolate and chocolate 2)...
    05-16-09 03:02 PM
    When argon goes mainstream BES5, you will see more 5.0 leaks. I have a feeling this is why.
    05-16-09 03:25 PM
    Ill admit the storm was my first blackberry i ever owned, **** it was my first good phone. lol my last phone was the ic902 from sprint/nextel, so anything is better. Haha in my own opinion i love my storm, it does all i need it to do. when i was shopping for the storm or iphone, i picked the storm because i didnt wanna deal with att, and my whole family is on Verizon. not to mention i feel the carrier is more reliable. I have 141 and i would say im contempt with it.... The phone runs great, would i like to see something better, of course. But for now ill sit back and enjoy not being in the stone age when it comes to cell phones
    05-16-09 07:48 PM
    If anyone asked this before I missed it... when we do finally get 5.0 on the Storm (either from official or leaked sources, it doesn't matter) will our current 3rd party applications work on it? It would suck if we had to start from scratch on what apps are out there all over again.
    05-16-09 09:58 PM
    If anyone asked this before I missed it... when we do finally get 5.0 on the Storm (either from official or leaked sources, it doesn't matter) will our current 3rd party applications work on it? It would suck if we had to start from scratch on what apps are out there all over again.
    I've heard there are some incompatibility issues. It's probably similar to the Bold/Curve where they need to be reprogrammed to work with 5.0.
    05-16-09 10:08 PM
    Wow that sucks. If there is a 5.0 Storm leak I think that I might wait a bit before jumping on it.
    05-16-09 10:29 PM
    Yeah it does suck. But at least we would get a good indication of what we can look forward to for the future. We at least need some pictures!
    05-16-09 10:39 PM
    Yeah,
    Playing with .141 since it came out, but wouldn't mind at least a glimpse of a new os...But one thing I've learned being on CB is to have patience...
    05-16-09 10:47 PM
    It is definitely lurking out there, but from what Civic says, we actually need an installer (msi) to drop, not just someone to get it on their phone, which is all that is out there (based on my extremely limited knowledge)...So, therefore, I guess that we are still a long way from seeing a leak. I have been running the 141 hybrids with various sfi's, with somewhat disappointing results. I am trying out the 109 radio right now, and performance is good, but my memory keeps dropping (it starts at about 51-52, after a full day of use it ends in the low 30's by the end of the day but there is no drop in performance corresponding to the drop in memory, so I guess its not a bad thing, just annoying to me = /
    05-16-09 11:08 PM
    Yeah, it's out there. I just don't understand how the Bold has 2 leaked 5.0 versions and we have nothing still.
    05-16-09 11:14 PM
    Yeah, it's out there. I just don't understand how the Bold has 2 leaked 5.0 versions and we have nothing still.
    You can blame it on VZW...It has been over 6 months since the last update and vzw wants to drop 5.0 as an official without the majority of its customers already running it via a leak
    05-16-09 11:19 PM
    You can blame it on VZW...It has been over 6 months since the last update and vzw wants to drop 5.0 as an official without the majority of its customers already running it via a leak
    I usually do!

There my scape goat for everything (even spilt milk in the kitchen)!

Do wish they would put something out soon, its kinda of recockulas how long it has taken them to approve a new OS release for us 9530 users. I know allot of the beta/leaked OS's weren't perfect (some downright were bad) but we have had a few that I believe would have at least shown some of the actual true potential of this unit (way over .75 or .76) especially to those who know nothing about CB.com or other sites that inform about BB's. But alas we don't make those decisions...so were kinda of screwed. I'm under the impression VZW has pretty much so abandoned the 9530 and is prepping for a possible launch of the STORM 2 in Q4 to help them drive sales once again this coming holiday (especially in the economy we are in, gotta make that chedder/coin $$$$). Just imagine how many 9530 users might dump there phones and pay full price for a STORM 2 or even extend there contracts an extra year over the 2 years they have already signed just to get a reduced price on the phone. Who knows though truly...Just wish they would step up and do something for us as users of this device (with regards to an updated OS).
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 05-16-09 at 11:34 PM.
    05-16-09 11:30 PM
    There are 10 times more Bold carriers, and 10 times more build uploads, and 10 times more chances, and... you get the picture.
    05-17-09 12:03 AM
    There are 10 times more Bold carriers, and 10 times more build uploads, and 10 times more chances, and... you get the picture.
    We get the picture. Its as bright as the midnight sky!

And thats no offense to you Radio, you've been a great insight, and resource to us here at CB.com (I personally appreciate everything and all that you do when you give us info on whats to come or how development is going). I'm just a bit fed up with the alloted time its taken them to release something. As if 9530 users are of no priority to VZW. Stuns me that at least 90% of 9530 VZW customers are still using .75 (yes with little complaint, well i shouldn't say little as even .75 is flawed...). VZW claims it has high standards on what it will release to its customers so they don't run into another wall like they did with launch units, but at the pace they are moving to get us our next official release we might all have a better chance at visiting another planet then seeing a release...(pure frustration...)
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 05-17-09 at 12:22 AM.
    05-17-09 12:14 AM
    Ohhh, didn't think about that. Makes sense then. Well what about the new 8900 Curve? It came out after the Storm. There can't be more carriers with it already can there?
    05-17-09 12:21 AM
    Ohhh, didn't think about that. Makes sense then. Well what about the new 8900 Curve? It came out after the Storm. There can't be more carriers with it already can there?
    That is a GSM unit, sayyyyyy 80% of the Globe?
    05-17-09 12:23 AM
    This title is a little misleading I would say too. Only because, there is no .127 out there. I think people will start googling all night long then. Thats also an older build; Internally its farther along.
    05-17-09 12:24 AM
    That is a GSM unit, sayyyyyy 80% of the Globe?
    Yeah, well the Storm is the third best selling smartphone in the US lol, there should be plenty of devices out there. (Doubt that's relevant)
    05-17-09 12:26 AM
    Actually I think there is more 8900s than Storms. I'm not sure though.
    05-17-09 12:28 AM
    5.0 has been confirmed to be in the development phase. It is the OS that everyone will want and everyone will see in the near future. Right now it is still in the development stages, so don't expect it to be leaked anytime soon. Guaranteed that it will be the "Gold Code" that everyone has been waiting for. So until a leak comes, enjoy the 4.7's cause 5.0 is locked down tight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 12:31 AM
    5.0 has been confirmed to be in the development phase. It is the OS that everyone will want and everyone will see in the near future. Right now it is still in the development stages, so don't expect it to be leaked anytime soon. Guaranteed that it will be the "Gold Code" that everyone has been waiting for. So until a leak comes, enjoy the 4.7's cause 5.0 is locked down tight.

no offense to anyone, but all of the RIM development "info" has been spotty at best ever since .141 got to friendly user testing with VZW....so either they're feeding misinformation out to discover and plug leaks internally or people just plain don't know as much as they think they do...

BTW, before anyone asks, VZW hasn't sent another OS build to friendly user testing...yet.
    05-17-09 01:05 AM
    no offense to anyone, but all of the RIM development "info" has been spotty at best ever since .141 got to friendly user testing with VZW....so either they're feeding misinformation out to discover and plug leaks internally or people just plain don't know as much as they think they do...

BTW, before anyone asks, VZW hasn't sent another OS build to friendly user testing...yet.
    Is anything getting close?

05-17-09 09:06 AM
    if 5.0 is released with beta , I still won't download anyway, due to the fact that beta is a test and lead to having problems with storm or any other BB devices. if 5.0 is not beta then it will be the biggest news for storm, pearl flip, 8900 and 9000 users but will be good too for tour, onyx and storm 2 .
    05-17-09 09:30 AM
    if 5.0 is released with beta , I still won't download anyway, due to the fact that beta is a test and lead to having problems with storm or any other BB devices. if 5.0 is not beta then it will be the biggest news for storm, pearl flip, 8900 and 9000 users but will be good too for tour, onyx and storm 2 .
    Too bad your beloved .122 release you're running from your carrier is EXACTLY the same version as the one that leaked and guess what? It has the same bugs in it that your carrier missed in testing. But hey, keep living in your dream world...

05-17-09 10:11 AM
399 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD