I know (from VERY trustworthy source) that they have 5.0.0.127 on their storm. We also know that 4.7 has been tested up to .201. Why cant we get anything better than what we have now? 141 failed vzw testing, 146 was rumored to be good, but in reality, if the 5.0.0,127 is out there, how come no one has uploaded any of the 5.0 builds (probably a few versions floating around btw 100 and 127...)? Are the NDAs that restrictive or so few people have it that it can be traced to the source that easily? Someone do us a favor and toss us an "os bone" would ya?
    05-16-09 03:58 AM
    NDA's are extremely restrictive. But really it's not even about that, leaks happen when they happen.

Sometimes it comes from internal sources, most times it comes from partner sources. So if 5.0.0.127 is for time being maintained as an internal build chances are ya won't see it until it hits a partner for review.

In any event, and I mean this in a nice way..not meant to be condescending but umm..if you're source knows so much why haven't ya asked him to toss ya a bone? I know I would lol.
    05-16-09 04:11 AM
    Yeah we do need a nice leak. At LEAST something a little higher than .141 cuz it's been two weeks. They're getting really stingy with em.

I saw that 0mie has .127 on his twitter. Also, I'm pretty sure Crucial was talking about .13x somewhere on here.
    05-16-09 04:12 AM
    In any event, and I mean this in a nice way..not meant to be condescending but umm..if you're source knows so much why haven't ya asked him to toss ya a bone? I know I would lol.
    Unfortunately some of our sources are just sources and don't like to share their gold
    05-16-09 04:13 AM
    Unfortunately some of our sources are just sources and don't like to share their gold
    Don't need to explain to me, lol.

PS: Don't believe EVERYTHING you read on Twitter, if ya catching my drift
    05-16-09 04:15 AM
    Don't need to explain to me, lol.

PS: Don't believe EVERYTHING you read on Twitter, if ya catching my drift
    Hmmm. interesting. so you believe that there is bs being spread around there? I really tend to trust my source that says he has it, although there is no way its coming off his phone to be distributed, that much I do know. So it is definitely there, but apparently that doesnt matter because it is still internal and has not been released to any of the partners yet (to my knowledge)
    05-16-09 04:23 AM
    Hmmm. interesting. so you believe that there is bs being spread around there? I really tend to trust my source that says he has it, although there is no way its coming off his phone to be distributed, that much I do know. So it is definitely there, but apparently that doesnt matter because it is still internal and has not been released to any of the partners yet (to my knowledge)
    You're not catching my Drift...

I never questioned your source at all, unless Twitter/0mie is your trusted source?
    05-16-09 04:33 AM
    Hmmm well it seems like a lot of us have the same sources. Interesting that you say that Bla1ze since you're a mod.

Since their Twitters are pretty public, I think it's safe to say that 0mie is friends with Radio who is friends with Crucial. Seen them talking back and forth. I trust Crucial for sure and he's helpful with what he knows while keeping his info tight that is under NDA. Radio seems very knowledgeable but I don't actually know what he does. 0mie seems to have been around leaking info on the Storm before it came out so he has some kind of connection somewhere. Pretty sure I remember him being banned from here in the past. So he started posting on Howard Forums. I'm very surprised to see him talking to radio.

Either way, they are all doing a great job keeping their info tight. As much as I want info from them, I can't expect jobs to be risked by something like this.

But come on RIM/Verizon! RELEASE SOMETHING. IMHO, higher 4.7 builds should be leaked since development has stopped anyways.
    05-16-09 04:38 AM
    Hmmm well it seems like a lot of us have the same sources. Interesting that you say that Bla1ze since you're a mod.

Since their Twitters are pretty public, I think it's safe to say that 0mie is friends with Radio who is friends with Crucial. Seen them talking back and forth. I trust Crucial for sure and he's helpful with what he knows while keeping his info tight that is under NDA. Radio seems very knowledgeable but I don't actually know what he does. 0mie seems to have been around leaking info on the Storm before it came out so he has some kind of connection somewhere. Pretty sure I remember him being banned from here in the past. So he started posting on Howard Forums. I'm very surprised to see him talking to radio.

Either way, they are all doing a great job keeping their info tight. As much as I want info from them, I can't expect jobs to be risked by something like this.

But come on RIM/Verizon! RELEASE SOMETHING. IMHO, higher 4.7 builds should be leaked since development has stopped anyways.

For all I know 0mie may have .127..I'm just simply saying their is nothing besides "talk" to show that ANYONE has a 5.0 OS on a Storm..no screen caps...no pics of the OS files..nodda.

The proof is in the pudding, which is just not there. I can tell you I have 5.0.0.189 on my Storm, would ya believe me? Or at this point in the conversation would ya toss it off as me just being silly?
    05-16-09 04:45 AM
    For all I know 0mie may have .127..I'm just simply saying their is nothing besides "talk" to show that ANYONE has a 5.0 OS on a Storm..no screen caps...no pics of the OS files..nodda.

The proof is in the pudding, which is just not there. I can tell you I have 5.0.0.189 on my Storm, would ya believe me? Or at this point in the conversation would ya toss it off as me just being silly?
    Bla1ze you're silly lol.

No, but I see what you're saying. Radio listed .127 in his sig too and also seems pretty knowledgeable about what is going on internally with RIM. For all I know, he could just be getting fed info to him from a higher source. Same with 0mie. But I don't know if I should make an assumption like that. It's just hard to see what's going on with all of them.

You're right though. There have been no pics or proof of 5.0 for the Storm.

I always thought it was weird that 4.7 flew through so many versions that fast. The development just seemed TOO fast. I don't get what is going on. It seems like we almost went backwards with .141. Too many issues with each version. It's like the developers of RIM have hit a wall and CANT develop something that works without slow downs. When they try, other problems erupt.

Sorry, I totally digressed.
    05-16-09 04:50 AM
    From all the information I have, RIM is working HARD on making OS 5.0 the OS that everyone is wanting it to be, not just on the Storm but all devices in general.

The pieces of 5.0 in which we have seen on other devices is just a glimpse of what it will be, RIM wants 5.0 to be the OS where everyone says " Yes, this is what we have been waiting for" a nice fully featured, reliable OS for BlackBerry devices.

Is it gonna meet those expectations? Personally, I don't think so..I wish it would, but I doubt it will. Maybe from a developer standpoint it may but from a user position 5.0 OS will be just another OS where users will end up saying "That's it?"
    05-16-09 05:02 AM
    Yeah, you might be right. I'm reeeaally happy with my Storm. I just feel like there are improvements that need to be made. I wish I could switch through tasks quicker, the keyboard would respond faster, media player didn't change volume all strangely constantly, faster browser, memory didn't drop as fast as it does, locked/unlocked instantly, etc.
    05-16-09 05:16 AM
    If I had to guess, I would say most of the complainers are fairly new to the blackberry world. Coming from a 6510, 7100 and a 8700 back in the day, the storm is light years ahead.

The curve/pearl/storm really brought in the younger crowd, which raised the expectations quite a bit. I am pleased with my storm. Could it be better? Yeah it could, but that was the same story with every blackberry I've ever owned.
    05-16-09 09:39 AM
    If I had to guess, I would say most of the complainers are fairly new to the blackberry world. Coming from a 6510, 7100 and a 8700 back in the day, the storm is light years ahead.

The curve/pearl/storm really brought in the younger crowd, which raised the expectations quite a bit. I am pleased with my storm. Could it be better? Yeah it could, but that was the same story with every blackberry I've ever owned.
    id say youre right on. ive seen so many posts here where somebody has asked for help and the first thing they say is the storm is their first bb and thats cool but i believe they were wanting an iphone interface with bb functionality. i think thats another reason for a lot of complaints. ive been using a bb since 7100 series and i agree that they have always improved. while there are some things i would like to see improve i still would take my 9530 with its not as smooth scrolling and little fixable issues over something that cant multi task and what not.

As far as 5.0 goes, im trying not to have any expectations. the only feature im looking forward to is being able to use the media card for apps. other than that, whatever they wanna do is cool. i figure wiyh this mindset theres no real let down.
    05-16-09 10:00 AM
    don't worry about 5.0 for now and be happy witrh your storm for awhile till 5.0 is official release !
    05-16-09 10:34 AM
    If you know someone with that on their phone, have them use the instructions on "how to dump an OS from your phone to your computer" and have them share........
    05-16-09 10:42 AM
    If you know someone with that on their phone, have them use the instructions on "how to dump an OS from your phone to your computer" and have them share........
    Not many are willing to risk their job and/or connections just to leak some phone software.
    05-16-09 10:55 AM
    Oh, they know how dump the OS. But they are "contractually obligated" to not disclose (leak) the OS. So I will continue to work on them to see if I can find a way to get OS without it leading back to them...
    05-16-09 11:02 AM
    oh the excitment. i cant wait.
    05-16-09 11:09 AM
    Oh, they know how dump the OS. But they are "contractually obligated" to not disclose (leak) the OS. So I will continue to work on them to see if I can find a way to get OS without it leading back to them...
    Well, as of right now, I haven't figured out how to dump the Core OS files, so all you'll get with my writeup is the Java apps. I guess the guys can work on hybrids with that, but you won't see major advancements without the Core files. The sfi file is where the stability and speed comes from.
    05-16-09 11:21 AM
    I, for one, am really happy with .141 even with it's little problems... Believe it or not I'm most excited about the sound profile changes in 5.0... My memory is stable for the most part and I am running 36 apps...

The addicition is another story!!! Just the thought of a new OS is awesome much less the feeling when it actually drops...
    05-16-09 11:35 AM
    I must have misunderstood the source of the OS.

In no way would I ask someone to give up their work, money, health care and all the other stuff coming along with that job just to hook us up with something we will get at sometime anyways.

If it leaks that would be way cool, if not, Im sure another source will hook it up sooner then later...
    05-16-09 12:27 PM
    Well, as of right now, I haven't figured out how to dump the Core OS files, so all you'll get with my writeup is the Java apps. I guess the guys can work on hybrids with that, but you won't see major advancements without the Core files. The sfi file is where the stability and speed comes from.
    Still...Maybe the 5.0 SFI file is FAR superior to any of the 4.7's? (wishful thinking!!!) ;-)
    05-16-09 01:23 PM
    We have a better chance at officially announcing world peace then seeing a 5.0 leak or official release (for the 9530) anytime this decade...

I've pretty much given up on VZW. The 9530 was put out knowingly that it was physically and operational flawed, and they had and still have no remorse for it. Nice phone to some degrees, but knowing what I know now (Tour,STORM 2 so soon) I would have just passed on the 9530. They have abandoned this device, and are preparing for greener pastures with the Tour and STORM 2 (regardless if its not till Q2 2010).

$$$$
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 05-16-09 at 01:52 PM.
    05-16-09 01:49 PM
    I have found my Storm to have some minor flaws, but nothing that has seriously made me consider throwing it out the window. I do not know what goes into OS development, but from reading other posts, I gather the Storm OS is picked apart from an older OS designed for the other blackberry's.

If the Storm 2 is similar to the Storm 1, I figure the OS's should be about the same. So the Storm 1 is the guinea pig for a better touch screen OS. Looking at it that way I think we will see plenty of more leaked/official updates. Just because the carrier isnt releasing updates does not mean RIM isnt developing them.
    05-16-09 02:00 PM
399 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD