I was wondering if anyone's found there to be any differences between having the browser identification as Internet Explorer or as Firefox?
    12-31-08 12:30 PM
    If you set it to Firefox or IE when you point to a web page it will bring up the page as viewed on a PC.

If you have the browser set as Blackberry and you go to a website that has 2 versions of the site, eg...one is the regular PC version and another is the mobile version, your phone will bring up the "Mobile" version first. For instance, when you go to Google with the Blackberry browser selected, it will default to the website m.google.com...when you have Firefox or IE selected it will default to the actual web site, Google. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by mattsh33; 12-31-08 at 12:40 PM.
    12-31-08 12:37 PM
    If you set it to Firefox or IE when you point to a web page it will bring up the page as viewed on a PC.

If you have the browser set as Blackberry and you go to a website that has 2 versions of the site, eg...one is the regular PC version and another is the mobile version, your phone will bring up the "Mobile" version first. For instance, when you go to Google with the Blackberry browser selected, it will default to the website m.google.com...when you have Firefox or IE selected it will default to the actual web site, Google. Hope this helps!
    This is all true, but to answer his question; no there is no difference.
    12-31-08 12:46 PM
    i dont know what the difference is at all.

Also - the second poster didnt answer the right question.
    12-31-08 12:47 PM
    Yup you will have to zoom alot if viewing a site in ie or firefox version no matter what but there is no difference between the two ... some sites may require something for ie but most don't.
    12-31-08 12:48 PM
    On some sites they will not display the page if it is set to blackberry. For example a full browser login to https://www.wellsfargo.com will reject your login and fail to display your account info.

But if you change to Explorer it will take you right in and you can see everything. So it fakes it out. It is slow as the volume of data is large but you can get it.

So there is a difference in that case.

But wellsfargo like many websites does have a mobile version for web access that is compatible with BLACKBERRY mode and is fast and less data. So look to see if a site you like to use has a mobile.<sitename> or m.<sitename> version of their website.
    12-31-08 12:58 PM
    Yeah I knew the difference between setting it to blackberry, I was just wondering about the difference between IE and firefox. I guess from the other posts it doesn't really matter, I guess i'll use IE to be on the safe side. Thanks for the response
    01-01-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD