So, I made the switch from my storm to an htc eris last fall. Totally enjoying android. So much so that I am probably going to jump to an incredible in a month or two. The funny thing is though that I keep looking at my storm and get a little smile from all the great memories..... lol

I wonder if:

1) A different os (non-blackberry) could be loaded on the phone (not needing phone capabilities).
    2) What could I do with the radio on the phone? can it be manipulated for other purposes?

Has anyone else had this run through their minds? Just trying to think of a way to recycle this device because it still has great possibilities. What do some of you think?
    05-23-10 07:30 PM
    Doorstop!
    05-23-10 07:32 PM
    sell it on ebay...

put it in a time capsule (with full instructions - so someone will have a clues as to what it is)....
    05-23-10 08:15 PM
    haha... thanks guys.
    05-23-10 09:18 PM
    I use my Storm for tethering and for that it works great, it's the only reason I still have it activated. I tether with my iPhone sometimes, but AT&Ts coverage is pretty spotty in some of the places I travel, especially the Newark/NYC area. I haven't even thought about getting my Incredible to tether, still enjoying the Android goodness......
    Last edited by armedtank; 05-24-10 at 03:19 PM.
    05-24-10 02:57 AM
    I'd just sell it if I were you, I made a quick $150 for mine with a Hybrid OS on it so I'm sure there's a really happy Storm 1 owner out there with my beloved device.
    05-24-10 08:58 AM
    thanks guys. was just thinking I may tinker with it myself and use it for reasons other than to connect to a cel network. personal media player/gps/light gaming
    05-24-10 05:23 PM
    I'm keeping mine as a backup smartphone. I have a one year contract on my Incredible and I ditched the insurance because I have a backup device. Actually, I'm eligible for an upgrade in ten months and the warranty is for 12 months, so it's good all around.
    05-26-10 03:12 PM
    I'm keeping mine as a backup smartphone. I have a one year contract on my Incredible and I ditched the insurance because I have a backup device. Actually, I'm eligible for an upgrade in ten months and the warranty is for 12 months, so it's good all around.
    I actually was pondering the idea of trading/selling my devices for an incredible. not time for new every two yet... or I will cave and pay the scrilla to get it. just waiting for someone to root it.
    05-26-10 03:40 PM
    Ended up making someone happy for a hundred bucks. Thanks guys. Off to droid world.
    06-01-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD