Hi, can anyone explain what the icons represent for SMS delivery notification. I can guess what the tick and x represent!!! But what does the tick with a 'd' mean and are there any others which may crop up?
    01-20-09 05:49 AM
    The "D" means delivered.

It will show up on SMS's that are sent from you to another person that uses the same carrier you do.
    01-20-09 06:30 AM
    Just that the message was delivered.
    01-20-09 06:32 AM
    When you get an SMS it will be a sealed yellow envelope and after it's opened it's a black&white opened envelope.
    01-20-09 06:38 AM
    Lovely, thanks very much.
    01-21-09 05:21 AM
    on a similar note. anyone know about the SMS settings?

If i have a validity period of one hour and message is not delivered what icon will that show? and if i send a text, it not delivered, and then change validity period up or down will it apply to that sms ? eg send text to phone that is off and relise validity set for an hour, think that no good and increase it. will it apply to that text and how will i know it been delivered or not?

cheers
    01-21-09 06:05 AM
    If i have a validity period of one hour and message is not delivered what icon will that show? and if i send a text, it not delivered, and then change validity period up or down will it apply to that sms ? eg send text to phone that is off and relise validity set for an hour, think that no good and increase it. will it apply to that text and how will i know it been delivered or not?
    cheers
    As far as I know the validity gets sent with the message, so once it's sent that's it. The network (SMS centre) will hold it until it's delivered and delete it if it's not within the validity period. Then you'll never see a delivered status. Changing the validity time in your phone only changes the setting added to *new* messages when you send them.

SMS Tutorial: Basic Concepts of SMS Technology Like Validity Period, Message Status/Submission/Delivery Reports
    01-21-09 06:28 AM
    I had one message that I was trying to send and it did not send the first time I tried. So I resent it and it was delivered, however it then showed in my inbox with the checkmark and a D (I know that means it was delivered). After that, I was unable to delete it from my Inbox.

The only thing I could think of was to due a battery pull while the device was on. Once I got the device turned back on, I went into my Inbox, and that one message was gone. Apparently it had been deleted, but it was still showing in the Inbox for some reason.

Just figured someone might like to know that if it ever happens to them.
    06-01-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD