For heads up at the moment, I apologize that the title is a bit misleading into making you believe I have a full list of all the icon's and what they mean at the moment. Honestly, I'm trying to make that but there are some icons that I just cannot make out.. and because of that, I cannot make the .pdf until I do so (again I apologize).

With that said, I was wondering if I can get a helping hand on this icon. For starters, the icon looks similar to the WLM (Windows Live Messenger) icon on other mobiles, the three person icon with a digit value towards the left (in this case, 1)... I also figured that it could be these possible solutions which are false: FaceBook, VoiceMail, Yahoo IM, WLM, GTalk, AIM, Web, BlackBerry IM.

I'm not really sure what that icon represents, I just can't find a damn thing.. so I'm left clueless as to what message that means. There are other icons I'm working on (graphics enabled icons, no need to use words).

---------------

Now for a reason why I'm doing this is because I failed to find a reasonable icon glossary for the BlackBerry storm. I've looked through the .pdf files I've had and they don't have all the icons that this phone supports (and it only supports so many). Nor do any of the manuals that come with the phone.

If someone does have an icon glossary for the phone, or know where to look on the phone itself, you are more then welcome to save me the trouble having to make this. Any information possible is helpful; mainly because all I'm looking for is to aim for satisfaction here for other users!

Thank you for reading and continue to post freely!
    03-24-09 10:22 AM
    The three person is myspace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:25 AM
    Thank you for such a quick response! I will now try to attempt my crafty hands at finishing this document and hope to be having one for all within the coming weekend. If anyone has special icons to let me know about that I have not come across after the .pdf file is released (or you can suggest and submit one now) I will be gladly to update it upon hearing the icon if it's true.

Thank you again!

Best regards,
    Caltosy
    03-24-09 10:57 AM
    Ok, I've had enough! Does ANYONE know how to get rid of the icon that looks like a globe with a 1 in front of it? Application center says "1 new items" but there isn't anything in there that I can find...Anyone? Thanks in advance, Bobby.
    04-28-09 08:45 PM
    The globe with a 1 is a website you are tracking......that is now updated go to messages and select mark all read I believe this clears it
    04-28-09 08:47 PM
    The globe with a 1 is a website you are tracking......that is now updated go to messages and select mark all read I believe this clears it

Thank you so very much, that indeed worked! But what was it tracking? I just added the modem capabilities, was that possibly it? Thanks again Spaciorek~
    04-29-09 10:10 AM
    It can also be a webpage you attempted to load while in the subway or underground.
    The page request is saved in your messages, as stated above.
    04-29-09 10:15 AM
    It can also be a webpage you attempted to load while in the subway or underground.
    The page request is saved in your messages, as stated above.

Thanks, never thought of that
    04-29-09 11:05 AM
    Yea. I've tried going on webpages while in the subway lots of times.

04-29-09 11:12 AM
    Ok...I'm going absolutely INSANE with this icon I cannot get to go away. I guess it would help if I knew what it was. lol...You all are so smart and answer all my questions so I hope you can help!!! The icon is a circle with an arrow (Pointing the southwest direction) with a highlighted red star and the number one in front of the circle...I don't know where it came from, I just want it to go away!! If u have any advice on how to get rid of it let me know!!!! Thank u!!!

~*~Danielle~*~[/FONT]
    09-02-09 12:18 AM
    I have this same icon on mine and am unable to find out what it's for!! Would love to figure it out so that I can make it go away. Thanks!!

Ok...I'm going absolutely INSANE with this icon I cannot get to go away. I guess it would help if I knew what it was. lol...You all are so smart and answer all my questions so I hope you can help!!! The icon is a circle with an arrow (Pointing the southwest direction) with a highlighted red star and the number one in front of the circle...I don't know where it came from, I just want it to go away!! If u have any advice on how to get rid of it let me know!!!! Thank u!!!

~*~Danielle~*~[/FONT]
    11-05-09 03:49 AM
    figured it out. one of my apps needed to be updated, can find out which one by going into messages.

I have this same icon on mine and am unable to find out what it's for!! Would love to figure it out so that I can make it go away. Thanks!!
    11-05-09 03:57 AM
    Thanks! I have it too and it was driving me crazy.

figured it out. one of my apps needed to be updated, can find out which one by going into messages.
    11-05-09 10:28 AM
    does anyone know what the icon under the time .. it looks like the scope of a rifle it has the circle with the cross in the middle i cant hear when i make calls plz help...
    12-06-09 07:38 PM
    does anyone know what the icon under the time .. it looks like the scope of a rifle it has the circle with the cross in the middle i cant hear when i make calls plz help...
    GPS.

Just the "rifle scope" = E911 Only
    "rifle scope" + three curved lines on the right = location on
    Changeable in options > advanced options > GPS

should have no effect on call volume
    12-06-09 09:32 PM
    I had the same problem. Thanks for the info. got rid of the globe with a 1 in front of it just like you said.

THX
    01-07-10 03:19 PM
    Ok, I've had enough! Does ANYONE know how to get rid of the icon that looks like a globe with a 1 in front of it? Application center says "1 new items" but there isn't anything in there that I can find...Anyone? Thanks in advance, Bobby.
    Sup Bobby I txt u earlier my name is Cee Jay
    sure u v. Found by now the gold globe stuck n top center of main screen s just a browser alert cums from a time u tryd to open ur browser n u dnt have a good enough signal r sum anyway at that time it askd u if u want to send sum kind of request u musta hit yes like I did doing this our B.B.s sent us a web msg a sms msg that will take u str8 2 tha site u was tryin to pull up wen u got web denial msg long story short check ur msgs u will see that same gold globe nxt to a msg open that msg n globe will leave main screen
    Hope that helped
    Cee Jay

08-31-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD