No, im sorry that I cant
    I am talking about the weather. How long before the spring comes? This month?
    04-02-09 10:32 AM
    I guess I'm curious...

Then why say anything? Is it a power thing? I'm not trying to give you **** or anything and from what I understand you are a very well respected member, but I don't understand your motives.

Why open up a can of worms by saying something cryptic if you can't elaborate. Why not just stay silent all together? Is it an attention thing?

Like I said I'm not trying to harp on you but I just don't understand why you would do it?
    I guess you should try reading between the lines
    04-02-09 10:33 AM
    I guess I'm curious...

Then why say anything? Is it a power thing? I'm not trying to give you **** or anything and from what I understand you are a very well respected member, but I don't understand your motives.

Why open up a can of worms by saying something cryptic if you can't elaborate. Why not just stay silent all together? Is it an attention thing?

Like I said I'm not trying to harp on you but I just don't understand why you would do it?
    So that people understand, theres a reason there are no more leaks. Those reasons I can not get into, but theres a reason
    04-02-09 10:34 AM
    So that people understand, theres a reason there are no more leaks. Those reasons I can not get into, but theres a reason
    Fair enough...
    04-02-09 10:35 AM
    No, im sorry that I cant
    The obvious would be that there is some change in the software that RIM does not want to release info about YET. My suspicion is that they have increased the APP memory, at least that is my hope. But obviously there IS something they don't want folks knowing yet. Time will tell!

EDIT: RG is pretty good about telling us what he can, but obviously this particular issue is something he can not tell us about. Pesky NDA!
    04-02-09 10:36 AM
    The obvious would be that there is some change in the software that RIM does not want to release info about YET. My suspicion is that they have increased the APP memory, at least that is my hope. But obviously there IS something they don't want folks knowing yet. Time will tell!
    Doubtful. I understand exactly what Radio is talking about. It's not that hard to comprehend, people.
    04-02-09 10:37 AM
    Doubtful. I understand exactly what Radio is talking about. It's not that hard to comprehend, people.
    care to enlighten us, oh comprenendable one?
    04-02-09 10:44 AM
    LOL. Where did that come from?
    Let me translate:

Oh my, another thread with someone complaining and/or whining and/or ******** and/or grumbling about when an OS will be put out. I'm so sick of these threads, and wish to lash out at the original Op and let him know that is the case.
    04-02-09 10:55 AM
    Let me translate:

Oh my, another thread with someone complaining and/or whining and/or ******** and/or grumbling about when an OS will be put out. I'm so sick of these threads, and wish to lash out at the original Op and let him know that is the case.
    Funny, I didn't think the OP was doing any of the above. Perhaps my reading comprehension ability is substandard.
    04-02-09 11:06 AM
    I've been pretty polite in this thread and but now I'm starting to get aggravated. The amount of ignorance on this board rivals it usefulness sometimes. Reread my post nowhere was I ******** complaining or stirring ****. As a matter of fact I said I was happy with the service I received. If your to dumb to comprehend my post than oh well ***** away and show your ignorance.
    Let me translate:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:08 AM
    it sounds to me like radio is implying that there are no more leaks because they have their final os version ready.
    04-02-09 11:21 AM
    it sounds to me like radio is implying that there are no more leaks because they have their final os version ready.
    There will never be a "final OS" from RIM unless they discontinue the model.
    04-02-09 11:28 AM
    Do you care to elaborate? Thanks in advance
    Radio has already stated before that the leaks cost RIM a lot of money. Perhaps he just can't go into the details of how or why.

04-02-09 11:30 AM
    If the major carriers are testing a certain OS hardcore right now, than RIM hasn't had any need to send them anything else to test right now. Betcha all the carriers for the 9500 or 9530 are getting close to releasing an update. RIM is holding back anything new due to the 9520.

Just an assumption, but I think its possible.
    That makes absolutely NO sense. If it's running the same software as the rest of the 95xx line, it wouldn't make a bit of difference. And if it's running something slightly different, then it would be off on it's own development track and likely have independent releases of the 9500 and 9530.
    04-02-09 11:31 AM
    I've been pretty polite in this thread and but now I'm starting to get aggravated. The amount of ignorance on this board rivals it usefulness sometimes. Reread my post nowhere was I ******** complaining or stirring ****. As a matter of fact I said I was happy with the service I received. If your to dumb to comprehend my post than oh well ***** away and show your ignorance.

I suspect they read the subject line of your post, but didn't bother reading the actual message. The subject line sounds like one of the countless other other "when is there gonna be an update" "my csr told me..." type threads. Or one of the Storm bashing threads.

A few people have gotten really trigger happy when they see these type threads.
    04-02-09 11:36 AM
    I would highly doubt any CS type rep reports directly to the CEO. Especially given the size of the company.

This is not Joe Pa's Slushy Mart....
    Wow someone of you guys really lack reading skills around here. The individual he talked to is any regular CS rep, he made that quite clear. It's not Bill or Nancy from the local call center calling him, it had to been some one at a near corporate level.
    04-02-09 11:41 AM
    There will never be a "final OS" from RIM unless they discontinue the model.
    I think he was referring to the "Gold Code".
    04-02-09 11:47 AM
    I'm not in the know, none of my friends are VZW reps, I don't know anyone at RIM but I have a feeling it will be a while before we see an OS for the Storm.

Here is the reason why I say that...

On Monday I wrote an email to the CEO of VZW stating my complaints with this phone and the phone I had previously. I recieved a phone call a few hours later from a rep that works in the NE Area Executive Relations office. After some negotiations we came to the conclusion that she would ship me out a brand new Storm and I could pick up a brand new Curve from my local store to use until VZW comes out with an official OS.

I would think that someone in the Executive Relations office who reports to a much higher authority than the average rep wouldn't just give away a brand new Curve if the Storm had an OS update coming in a few weeks. That's just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong but it wouldn't make sense. I think she knew it was gonna be a while for the new OS and that's why she offered up the Curve as a replacement to use until they update the Storm. I asked if I would have to send the Curve back when the new OS was released and I was told at that point it wouldn't be worth it for them and that I could keep it.

Take it for what it's worth. I think we are in for a wait.
    Understand the corp food chain buddy... the person u spoke with is the middle man between you and an actual corporate escalation... that person u spoke with is just like any other vzw rep with a little more power to do what it takes to stop the sub from escalation to corporate.. that could even be a rep from an email response team
    04-02-09 11:52 AM
    Is this reason going to make us happy?
    04-02-09 12:27 PM
    Is this reason going to make us happy?
    If you realize that leaks cost RIM $$$, and cost carriers employees, then yes, you'll be happy.
    04-02-09 12:47 PM
    If you realize that leaks cost RIM $$$, and cost carriers employees, then yes, you'll be happy.
    I do realise, and understand, but that's not a reason he can't get into right?

I'm just kidding anyway. I guess we'll just have to be patient for whatever will be available, and that's alright. Anticipation is part of the fun.
    Last edited by Hmtsjmftsch; 04-02-09 at 01:11 PM.
    04-02-09 01:08 PM
    im kinda of a newbee here but who is radio????? Where does he/she get there info from? and why just tease us with some of your hints ..why dont you just tell what u no??

Sorry if im being rude just trying to figure out why everyone says you no whats going or a reliable soure.
    04-02-09 04:02 PM
    im kinda of a newbee here but who is radio????? Where does he/she get there info from? and why just tease us with some of your hints ..why dont you just tell what u no??

Sorry if im being rude just trying to figure out why everyone says you no whats going or a reliable soure.
    Because he/she is not willing to risk their anonymity to compromise their job or someone else's simply to please whiny noobs on a forum. Radioguinea has been fairly spot on with some of the information they have given to us, thus their reliability has been deemed credible and you should be grateful that anyone who has any insider information is willing to give it to you, regardless of accuracy or citing.
    Last edited by xilly; 04-02-09 at 04:31 PM.
    04-02-09 04:28 PM
    Because he/she is not willing to risk their anonymity to compromise their job or someone else's simply to please whiny noobs on a forum. Radioguinea has been fairly spot on with some of the information they have given to us, thus their reliability has been deemed credible and you should be grateful that anyone who has any insider information is willing to give it to you, regardless of accuracy or citing.
    what are you radio's mom????? I was just asking a simple question!!!!!!! go eat a xanax!!!!!!

You can't even ask a question around here without getting bash!!!!
    04-02-09 06:13 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD