Just picked up an iPod Touch...never had one before. I'm totally impressed.

I have never seen such a smooth GUI and graphics. So many apps I've gotten for free, lol.

I think I paid for maybe 4 of them, and they were .99 ones.

Honestly, after seeing what this sucker can do (and I'll see more when I can JailBreak it), I am seriously considering the iPhone when it comes to VZW (which I will NOT leave for anything).

I'll give it to them...they have it down good!
    09-14-09 01:59 AM
    ok, nice to know your joining the icult
    09-14-09 02:14 AM
    After 4 monts with it you will tire of it and be hunting out your bb again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:26 AM
    Looks aren't everything...I would drive a plain looking sports car before a nice looking Kia any day...

09-14-09 02:29 AM
    iPhone has the GUI. The speed and the quick browser and smoothness of the phone.

Yet, funny thign is.. I had a choise between iPhone 3G and Pearl. (Back then) and I chose the Pearl. That's funny.=X
    BECAUSE TO ME IPHONE SUCKS (That's my personal opinion) lol
    09-14-09 02:49 AM
    It's actually a tough decision. The iPhone looks pretty and works well, but it's kind of shallow. I actually prefer the way the Storm works overall with the great depths of settings and features...I just wish we had a browser that could even come remotely close to Safari.
    09-14-09 02:57 AM
    The Iphone is the way to go. I have it for personal use and a Storm for work and I have to say hands down the Iphone is a much better phone. Not only is the phone better, the apps are much better than the Storm and a lot cheaper (not to mention they don't have bugs like the bb apps do).
    09-14-09 03:09 AM
    Apps aren't everything when considering a phone. What I tell everyone is "if I wanted something to play games on I would have bought a ds or psp." sure it has more apps and looks nice but when I'm looking for a phone I look to see how it works like a phone not a game system. Plus I'm in love with the surepress. I hate typing on anything else.

09-14-09 03:21 AM
    09-14-09 03:32 AM
    I have both storm and iphone3g and Def Storm much much faster than iphone. Yes the gui is nicer looking hands down but I feel "disconnected" when using it. Storm like all the other berries feels like it connected to all , all at the same time. I do at times go back to iphone from time to time to check out new apps and ay a few games on it but after a while I get real sick of its slowness. I know 3gs is out and I have had a chance to mess with it and that's real impressive with its speed but its still NOT as fast as storm. I'm running .191 OS ATM on the storm and I believe this is what rim wished it would have been running at release cause at the time they could have honestly claimed that storm was an iphone killer. Like most say around here at the forum when debates break out on which is the better phone , it all boils down on what your into. Pretty sleakness nice gui , iphone. Speed connected to all , productivity STORM

Last edited by rw6497; 09-14-09 at 06:23 AM.
    09-14-09 06:18 AM
    I have both storm and iphone3g and Def Storm much much faster than iphone. Yes the gui is nicer looking hands down but I feel "disconnected" when using it. Storm like all the other berries feels like it connected to all , all at the same time. I do at times go back to iphone from time to time to check out new apps and ay a few games on it but after a while I get real sick of its slowness. I know 3gs is out and I have had a chance to mess with it and that's real impressive with its speed but its still NOT as fast as storm. I'm running .191 OS ATM on the storm and I believe this is what rim wished it would have been running at release cause at the time they could have honestly claimed that storm was an iphone killer. Like most say around here at the forum when debates break out on which is the better phone , it all boils down on what your into. Pretty sleakness nice gui , iphone. Speed connected to all , productivity STORM

I completely agree with you on that statement! Everyone here gets so into the debates. Its just like all other american debates to me. Ford/Chevy, Import/Domestic, Blonde/Brunette.... Point is they are both good just comes down to what you want out of a smart phone.
    09-14-09 07:17 AM
    I guess I am a little confused... This thread was put in the blackberry forum why?

09-14-09 07:49 AM
    icult icult icult
    09-14-09 09:06 AM
    I guess I am a little confused... This thread was put in the blackberry forum why?

laughmyassoff
    09-14-09 09:07 AM
    Where's the Trollinator?

On a side note... I see the iPhone users are still letting their insecurity get the better of them.
    09-14-09 09:10 AM
    09-14-09 09:16 AM
    YES!

OK I've stored a modified version that image on my own server and you can feel free to reference it when you need it.

Last edited by atomicwedgie; 09-14-09 at 09:44 AM.
    09-14-09 09:21 AM
    It's threads like these that justify why many of us get annoyed and defend our phone choice so much.

Just a random thread that has nothing to do with the Storm. Just another "iPhone is superior" flag-waving thread meant to get reactions out of us...
    09-14-09 09:55 AM
    Just picked up an iPod Touch...never had one before. I'm totally impressed.

I have never seen such a smooth GUI and graphics. So many apps I've gotten for free, lol.

I think I paid for maybe 4 of them, and they were .99 ones.

Honestly, after seeing what this sucker can do (and I'll see more when I can JailBreak it), I am seriously considering the iPhone when it comes to VZW (which I will NOT leave for anything).

I'll give it to them...they have it down good!
    The iPhone and iPod touch are much more refined and sophisticated than pretty much anything out there, RIM is not even in the ballpark, and it drives the fanbios nuts.
    09-14-09 10:11 AM
    Yep, refined, locked down, and married to itunes. They refined the usefulness right out of them
    09-14-09 10:59 AM
    I want a VZW iphone
    09-14-09 11:05 AM
    The iPhone and iPod touch are much more refined and sophisticated than pretty much anything out there, RIM is not even in the ballpark, and it drives the fanbios nuts.
    I think what makes one more of a fanboy is when they go on a BB site hardcore reppin the iPhone and putting down blackberryis,

rather than a BB user on a BB site being a fanboy.
    09-14-09 11:14 AM
    Its just sad to have to come to a BB site to tout the iphone
    At least I own a storm while professing my iphone love
    09-14-09 11:19 AM
    Actually, you embody the "fanboi" personal much more, as you throw a general, blanket statement out there without looking into the details. There are a lot of devices out there that currently outperform the iPhone and iPod in lots of areas. Especially disappointing is that there are lots of audiophiles that think the iPod Touch fails at its primary function: audio quality.

Most of the people here that you call "fanbois" do not use general blanket statements like you do. They say things like "my" and "I'm", which shows that they are talking from their experiences do not assume that their experience is equal to everyone's experience. You could learn a lot from them.

By tomorrow (or Wednesday at the latest), I will have the new Zune HD in my hands. Its interface is much more refined, innovative and sophisticated than the iPod Touch, in my opinion. Not to mention that it's being displayed on a glorious, vibrant OLED screen!

It's got a more "3D" feeling to the interface in that while it's not totally 3D, it transitions from screen to screen in a manner that makes you feel like you're flying through a 3D environment. You have to see it to know what I'm talking about (of course, you probably never will).

The iPod just "goes" from screen to screen. It's just...normal now.

Apple hasn't really done squat with its products in the 3 years they've been out in terms of more innovation. Just fixes/additions for things that should have been there in the first place.

New colors! A camera (that I've been reading is pretty general in quality) on the Nano! A compass app! Bigger storage capacities! None of those are really "game changers" in my book.

Back to your regularily interrupted iPhone fanboy discussion.
    Last edited by Zipster; 09-14-09 at 11:55 AM.
    09-14-09 11:42 AM
    Apple hasn't really done squat with its products in the 3 years they've been out in terms of more innovation. Just fixes/additions for things that should have been there in the first place.
    All points I've made on other threads. iPhones are just now getting MMS and have only recently gotten Push service. The camera sucks, and no video until recently. And being tied to iTunes which is HORRIBLE software on any platform just didn't cut the mustard for me. Love my iPod touch but I use it mostly for games. I have an Archos for movies and such.

Good lord... here I am adding to a fire I swore to stay away from.

And by the way... while I am NO MS fan, the Zune HD looks hot!
    09-14-09 11:50 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD