I am getting my Storm tomorrow. I have done allot of reading. If anyone has suggestions on what to do, helpful one's only. Please help me, as I am a new Crackberry abuser! I need real advice, not stuff like put in the battery, ha-ha-ha. I am so EXCITED!

Thanks
    02-10-09 05:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

Super good thread with all the things you need to know.
    02-10-09 05:39 PM
    You won't be sleeping tomorrow night either lol ! You'll be up all night playing with your new Storm! Congrats and welcome
    02-10-09 05:42 PM
    Thanks, I can't wait!
    02-10-09 05:43 PM
    You won't be sleeping tomorrow night either lol ! You'll be up all night playing with your new Storm!
    The quote above is so true!

The first thing I did was install 4.7.0.99 it runs so much smoother for me. Congrats
    02-10-09 05:45 PM
    When I first got mind I didn't sleep for 2 days. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 05:49 PM
    If you are married or have kids I would suggest spending some quality time with them tonight because for the next several days only your BB and CB will exist!
    02-10-09 05:52 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

Super good thread with all the things you need to know.
    Yeppers!!!!!!!. RedBull works wonders for all night operations lol
    02-10-09 05:54 PM
    I remember waiting in line to get mine on launch day. I spent most of the time in line reading the users manual from the BB website. I also suggest spending a couple days playing with the device learning the ins and outs before trying to do anything major with the device. This will be a great help if you or another user runs into problems.

02-10-09 06:01 PM
    just keep hanging here buddy and you will learn a ton! these folks rock. hang on to your dare and we'll cover how to put movies on it and your storm. PM me if i can help.
    02-10-09 06:07 PM
    All great advice and I truly appreciate the help. My wife was the first one to get a Blackberry (curve) thanks to a little prodding from me last year when we switched to Verizon. I got the Dare and had no complaints with the phone, just became insanely jealous of her and that dammed Blackberry. I have finally pulled the trigger and will be sleepless for several days now I am sure!
    02-10-09 06:13 PM
    Sold the Dare and made a decent profit, which wasn't my goal but I'll take it. I love this site! You folks ROCK..
    02-10-09 06:16 PM
    I remember waiting in line to get mine on launch day. I spent most of the time in line reading the users manual from the BB website. I also suggest spending a couple days playing with the device learning the ins and outs before trying to do anything major with the device. This will be a great help if you or another user runs into problems.

+1 I agree 100% with this post. Sound advice from fellow CB addicts like this is yet another reason why you will be losing future late night hog calling contests. Enjoy your Storm and welcome to CB.

02-10-09 06:31 PM
    When I concur my Storm I will need to give this late night hog calling a try!
    02-10-09 06:35 PM
    Be excited but patient with yourself, the typing takes a little time to get used to (It did for me, I was pretty good with the thumbs) but by the weekend you will be a PRO! Welcome fellow Crackberry Addict!
    02-10-09 06:49 PM
    Keep giving me the help that you all know I shall need in less then 12 hours!!!!
    02-10-09 09:05 PM
    Well................................... Received both New phones today from Verizon. One of the phones won�t even power up. Charged the other phone and it�s doing whatever it wants to. Constant hour glass, touch screen won�t respond. I am sending them both back, right now. They were both built on 01/19/09 in Canada, cannot believe this. I am really T-OFF. Won�t get crazy here, just wanted to share my day.
    On a brighter note I am not a Quitter; I will go to a corporate store and try it again.

Comments, advice���� Let me have it.
    02-11-09 03:49 PM
    Dont give up man. I got a brand new replacement Storm the other day and i'm sending it back. Was built 1/14/09 in Mexico. Horrible build. There was an abnormal gap around the whole screen and major light leakage. So much, the brightness of the screen was faint even at 100% compared to my current STORM at 40%. Anyway, VZW will get it right. Call to complain and they'll take care of you.
    02-11-09 04:51 PM
    I just hope I can get something at the store that will atleast function!
    02-11-09 05:12 PM
    Well, did you get it? Was it all you hoped?
    02-11-09 05:49 PM
    Well, did you get it? Was it all you hoped?
    Well................................... Received both New phones today from Verizon. One of the phones won�t even power up. Charged the other phone and it�s doing whatever it wants to. Constant hour glass, touch screen won�t respond. I am sending them both back, right now. They were both built on 01/19/09 in Canada, cannot believe this. I am really T-OFF. Won�t get crazy here, just wanted to share my day.
    On a brighter note I am not a Quitter; I will go to a corporate store and try it again.

Comments, advice���� Let me have it.
    02-11-09 07:29 PM
    I would definitely suggest upgrading to OS .99 as the first thing you do. Maybe even .103 if you are feeling risky. Then maybe check out the OTA apps thread so you can get your hands on Weather Bug, Goolge Latitude, You Tube, and anything else you're interested in. Definately keep checking crackberry on a regular basis. You can learn so much from reading posts, and it will help you get the most out of your new storm.

Good Luck
    02-11-09 07:32 PM
    Definitely check in with Crackberry daily...if you can. Check out OS forums and tips/tricks forums. That's all you'll need. I'm running .100 hybrid (sith)...and loving it.
    02-11-09 07:54 PM
    I got my first one on Sunday and returned it monday. Thing was restarting itself over and over. I love my second one seem to be running great and I haven't even installed .99 yet. Good luck hopefully your next ones will be better!
    02-11-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD