Can anybody give me any guidance on how to make sure I don't loose my BES??

I am on BES, though not really supposed to be I maintain it by activating my new devices by connecting it to my desktop manager, and when a prompt comes up, and asks if I want to switch to the new PIN, I click OK, and presto - activates!

I'm not sure how to upgrade my storm tho, because to my knowledge when I understand when I do so, it will kick me off enterprise. Because there's no new PIN to detect, how will I get back onto the server?? Nothing will come up when I re-connect so how will it prompt activation??

Help please!!
    12-05-08 08:38 PM
    I've upgraded on the bold a few times. When it comes back up leave it plugged in it should keep you on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 09:49 PM
    You arent removed form the server whey you upgrade your device. If you are still able to connect to your Desktop Manager that is on your LAN (ie can connect to Exchange) as soon as the upgrade is complete the necessary encryption key and service book injection will occur
    12-05-08 10:39 PM
    Nicely said. Agreed with BBFan 2002.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:42 PM
    Amazing... I'm going to try it out on Monday. THANK YOU!
    12-05-08 10:54 PM
    My understand with corporate accounts is that people should give their devices to their IT department, I'm not sure what the reasoning is but it could be because their is domain and enterprise ID's that go along with it. Just a precaution.
    12-05-08 10:58 PM
    I am on a BES and have been through many BB changes. I installed the new DM, plugged in my Storm and got a prompt that said something like "a new pin has been detected, would you like to move convert from <old pin> to <new pin>", I hit yes, and the storm started to receive my email.
    12-06-08 03:27 AM
    what do you mean you "arent supposed to be on BES"???
    12-06-08 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD