i would like to some how purchase a storm. but i have cingular/at&t service and they don't offer it here in oklahoma or if anywhere in the states. my question is how is it possible i can buy one and put my sim card in it for it to work. i have heard of "unlocking" but im a **** when it comes to computers. anyone please help!!! and thanks ahead of time for the help....
    06-25-09 06:15 PM
    ^^ Yeah, unlock it. Many companies will do it. Then you just put the SIM card in, send service books, and done!
    06-25-09 06:19 PM
    You do not want a Storm. Stick to your Curve, get a Bold, but STAY AWAY FROM THE STORM.
    06-25-09 06:23 PM
    but thats my question i guess. Who unlocks it Cingular? me? who? and how much more does it cost? bc i have found a couple on ebay that say there unlocked and ive asked if they will stand behind it bc i am a cingular sim card if it don't work i want my money back and they say no. so who unlocks it i guess.
    06-25-09 06:24 PM
    06-25-09 06:25 PM
    You do not want a Storm. Stick to your Curve, get a Bold, but STAY AWAY FROM THE STORM.
    whats wrong with the storm? i had a pearl for a month and switched to the curve for the keyboard
    06-25-09 06:36 PM
    Just my opinion. Please don't blast me, people on this site can get very testy.

I have tried to fall in love with the storm and I am giving up. Like some relationships, my storm has turned out to be to high maintenance. I cannot believe the difference between just the two I purchased, one for my son and one for me. His sure type is easier, mine feels a little heavy. Memory is simply not stable. I do a battery pull, and viola, 42 MB of file memory. I look at it an hour later, down to 39 MB and by the end of the day its at 24. I know others don't have this problem, but so many of us do. I tried and tried to install quickpull or softrest and no such luck. Enabled compatibility, disabled compatibility, and nothing worked. I am sure that if I keep at it long enough and read enough postings I will probably get it but that is my point why do I have to try so hard for something so expensive. I am not comparing to any other product other than my Work BB Curve. Its reliable, no memory loss, fast internet easy to type. So for me, hands down, its the BB Curve. Adios Storm, you are just to much for me. Glad to hear that so many of you are happy with it.
    06-25-09 06:41 PM
    One more thing. I did not know half these terms (battery pull, compatibility mode etc... until I got the storm and I had the curve for two years.
    06-25-09 06:46 PM
    One more thing. I did not know half these terms (battery pull, compatibility mode etc... until I got the storm and I had the curve for two years.
    yea i have no idea what any of that is what you said
    06-25-09 06:50 PM

Speak for yourself ... i love my storm
    06-25-09 06:51 PM
    Just my opinion. Please don't blast me, people on this site can get very testy.

I have tried to fall in love with the storm and I am giving up. Like some relationships, my storm has turned out to be to high maintenance. I cannot believe the difference between just the two I purchased, one for my son and one for me. His sure type is easier, mine feels a little heavy. Memory is simply not stable. I do a battery pull, and viola, 42 MB of file memory. I look at it an hour later, down to 39 MB and by the end of the day its at 24. I know others don't have this problem, but so many of us do. I tried and tried to install quickpull or softrest and no such luck. Enabled compatibility, disabled compatibility, and nothing worked. I am sure that if I keep at it long enough and read enough postings I will probably get it but that is my point why do I have to try so hard for something so expensive. I am not comparing to any other product other than my Work BB Curve. Its reliable, no memory loss, fast internet easy to type. So for me, hands down, its the BB Curve. Adios Storm, you are just to much for me. Glad to hear that so many of you are happy with it.
    I was in the same boat, i told myself I liked the Storm, but finally enough was enough and I went to the bold.
    06-25-09 06:52 PM
    Storm is like as the name a smart phone not all can handle illumination... You will see the world thru your storm . Addiction will have another meaning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:00 PM
    Ehavlicek:
    You will become very familiar with these terms if you get a storm
    06-25-09 07:10 PM
    danielpalazuelos:
    You are right, I admit defeat.
    06-25-09 07:11 PM
    I will tell you this. I have the Blackberry Storm. When I anittially purchased the storm I was really excited, but then there were bugs. I could barely play a movie. But NOW, .148 fixed most of these problems. If you let what people in this forum say get into your head, then it will alter your judgement of the storm.

But if you only knew that through updates they plan to accell the storm into a new OS. It is a FACT that RIM has been working with new ex microsoft and apples designer and he will be helping RIM become more consumer friendly because RIM is not use to this they are use to making money off the buisness market.

I have gone through ups and downs with this phone and I realize, there are people who have iPhones who seriously want our phone, and vice versa, but only if you knew how much RIM is to accellerate in the next year and a half.

GET THE STORM
    06-25-09 07:14 PM
    were did you watch movies?
    06-25-09 09:38 PM
    e have a storm and im acctually kinda dissapointed.. but not with the phone... the think is i went to NY for vacations and there were no storms in portugal (where i live) so i bought a 9530 in NY and now i cant use most of the features.. no bb messenger, nothing realted to internet, no mms and no videocall..
    06-26-09 07:53 AM
    I can't lie after about a month I wanted to throw this storm against the wall. But after the update my phone is working great. Please get whatever phone makes you happy, some people like blackberry and some like the iphone.
    06-27-09 11:08 PM
    i want a storm also but im on bell and need a bell only storm. Im still on contract for another 2 years and a half so i cant upgrade for a while unless somebody trades me for my curve + cash or i give them cash for a no contract one. If anyone has a bell storm and would like to get rid of it send me a pm!
    06-28-09 12:31 AM
    the person that pm:ed me on the selling of a storm if you can hit me up on here it wont let me pm anyone since i such a new user. im kinda interested with a few short questions thanks. if you want leave your email in a pm and ill email you about it thanks again Ethan
    07-14-09 11:48 PM
    i want a storm also but im on bell and need a bell only storm. Im still on contract for another 2 years and a half so i cant upgrade for a while unless somebody trades me for my curve + cash or i give them cash for a no contract one. If anyone has a bell storm and would like to get rid of it send me a pm!
    Try ebay. I got both of my Storms off ebay, unlocked them, and I'm with Bell.

If the Storm is unlocked, it doesn't matter if it's "bell-only" or not. Just make sure the MEID (hex) is good. Ask the seller for that info, and call Bell first with that info before even considering making a bid.
    07-15-09 08:00 AM
    e have a storm and im acctually kinda dissapointed.. but not with the phone... the think is i went to NY for vacations and there were no storms in portugal (where i live) so i bought a 9530 in NY and now i cant use most of the features.. no bb messenger, nothing realted to internet, no mms and no videocall..
    does your service provider in portugal have data services? if not, that is what is related to bb messenger, internet, etc.
    07-15-09 02:18 PM
    what is the difference between the "9530" and "9500"
    07-19-09 12:57 PM
    I just looked at the AT&T upcoming devices list and low and behold, there is the Storm 2 listed! Doesn't have a release date yet, tho... This is supposedly a much improved Storm.
    07-19-09 01:35 PM
    I just looked at the AT&T upcoming devices list and low and behold, there is the Storm 2 listed! Doesn't have a release date yet, tho... This is supposedly a much improved Storm.
    Interesting. Can you please send me a link, i find this very unlikely for AT&T carry the s2 but then again who knows!?
    07-19-09 01:58 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD