02-23-09 01:52 PM
49 12
tools
    I just skimmed through this thread, so I may have missed some details. You can buy a new Storm from Verizon for just under $500, for a "no-contract" price. They'll activate it and deactivate your other phone. You can insure the Storm since you are buying directly from them. Then you can turn around and sell it on Ebay or wherever. It's a little more than you can get a Storm on Ebay, but I think it's cheaper than breaking the contract.
    I called Verizon and asked about this when I had a Voyager for a few months and wanted to upgrade to a Storm, but had something like 20 months on my contract! This might be the best, at least the safest, way to go for you.
    02-17-09 12:16 AM
    yep thats what im doing
    02-17-09 12:26 AM
    ok so i put the omnia on ebay for $359 (no screen scratches, 4 cases and 3 scrn protectors included...) on sunday night and already 2 watchers and 30+ views...i hope it sells.
    im buying my storm 2morow night from verizon for retail, i cant wait! w/insurance.(my dad says it covers everything except water damage, but on the site it says different...wats the deal?? im gonna def do the buy 1 get 1 free deal, and if my dad doesnt want one, one is going on ebay. or should i keep it just in case i have to exchange the storm so many times that i need it?
    02-17-09 02:42 PM
    The buy 1 get 1 free sale is for new 2 year activations only, one new line for each BB purchased.
    02-17-09 03:01 PM
    i own a samsung omnia on verizon, which i got in December. when i purchased this phone i renewed my contract for 2 years and got the $200 discounted price. now, a few months later, i absolutely cant stand the omnia. the small, low resolution, unresponsive touch screen with winmo is just terrible. So, i thought i would sell it on ebay [without a contract obviously] and get a little more than i paid, and use that towards buying a used storm on ebay in excellent condition for not much more. but, if i do so and have it activated, can i purchase insurance every month for it? what if theres something wrong, or dust gets under the screen? most ebay sellers will not do exchanges. [obviously if its the only one they have] so....any potential problems/solutions/tips for me here? lol
    thanks
    I work for Verizon and you can not add insurance on any phone that you purchase in a place other than a Verizon Store. Your best option is to sale your phone on ebay and put some money and buy a Storm a retail price on a verizon store because that way you will have all the warranty and the option to have insurance on the phone. Better not save a few $$$$ right now than have to buy another phone later because your Storm needed to be replaced.
    02-17-09 03:04 PM
    ok so i put the omnia on ebay for $359 (no screen scratches, 4 cases and 3 scrn protectors included...) on sunday night and already 2 watchers and 30+ views...i hope it sells.
    im buying my storm 2morow night from verizon for retail, i cant wait! w/insurance.(my dad says it covers everything except water damage, but on the site it says different...wats the deal?? im gonna def do the buy 1 get 1 free deal, and if my dad doesnt want one, one is going on ebay. or should i keep it just in case i have to exchange the storm so many times that i need it?
    The insurance will cover everything that happens to your phone, water damage, stolen, lost or anything else...

good choice on buying from verizon, that way you're safe.
    02-17-09 03:07 PM
    When I ordered my storm I remember seeing that you had 15 days to add insurance.
    the part that you put but didn't realize is that you bought the storm from VZW. if you got it from a 3rd party, new or used, you can not add insurance or extended warantee. they won't honor it. i'd have to call asurion once a month for customers to talk to their reps about someone who got it added on and asurion wouldn't send them a phone. i'd call asurion first.
    02-17-09 03:25 PM
    The insurance will cover everything that happens to your phone, water damage, stolen, lost or anything else...

good choice on buying from verizon, that way you're safe.
    yep, thx...2morows gonna b a good day lol
    02-17-09 07:39 PM
    wow now im having second thoughts on if i should buy the storm tonight....look at
    I kno i HATED my omnia but it looks like the problems were fixed and i think this is the first phone ever to support 720p playback....ughhh, help?
    02-18-09 09:39 AM
    ok i just sent verizon and Asurion the following:
    To whom it may concern,
    I recently purchased a Samsung Omnia right before the holiday season 2008, around mid December. Ever since i have purchased the phone, it has caused me nothing but problems. It freezes, is slow and sluggish, the screen is very unresponsive and is smaller and lower resolution than i would have liked. Windows Mobile 6.1 is a terrible touch experience. I have taken the phone to my local Verizon Wireless stores countless times, each time with very few to no problems resolved. The representatives tell me since i am out of the 30 day return policy there is nothing that i can to to resolve the issue. I have always had great customer service within the years of being a customer with Verizon Wireless but this is just ridiculous. I have looked at and experienced the new RIM Blackberry Storm and seems to be a much better device. Is there any way you could help me in my situation? I payed the "2-year contract price" for the Samsung Omnia, and I cannot pay "retail price" of $500 for the Blackberry Storm, as the Verizon Wireless representatives suggest as my only option. Thank you for the support,
    (my name)

chances of getting the storm sent to me or exchanged?? Its pretty convincing, i think...
    02-18-09 08:53 PM
    seems like its got a chance, im gonna try that before spending $500 for a storm.
    02-19-09 09:39 AM
    Sell the Omnia on eBay, walk into your local friendly VZW Corporate store and tell the rep you broke your phone(make sure he / she does not put the Omnia on the lost/stolen list in the system). VZW has a lost /stolen / broken policy that you can take advantage of once a year. This policy allows you to buy a new device at the one year discounted price. Tell the rep you would like to buy the Storm instead of a new Omnia. You shouldnt have a problem if you are respectful to the rep. If the rep gives you any issue just buy some accessories with the new phone to sweeten the deal (reps are commisioned and sometimes need incentive to work with you on a non commisionable transaction.) A new Storm on 1 year pricing is $269.99 and three accessories will run you $59.99 for a total cost of $329.99 which is well within what you should be able to sell an Omnia for. Best part about doing it this way is the 1 year MFG warranty plus being able to legitimately keep your TEC insurance.
    02-19-09 09:50 AM
    wow thanks a lot!
    02-19-09 10:18 AM
    Buy a new Storm and sell the Omnia on eBay or one of the WinMo/HTC sites like:
    PPCGeeks.com or xda-developers - Xda-developers
    i agree with this guy
    02-19-09 10:22 AM
    Sell the Omnia on eBay, walk into your local friendly VZW Corporate store and tell the rep you broke your phone(make sure he / she does not put the Omnia on the lost/stolen list in the system). VZW has a lost /stolen / broken policy that you can take advantage of once a year. This policy allows you to buy a new device at the one year discounted price. Tell the rep you would like to buy the Storm instead of a new Omnia. You shouldnt have a problem if you are respectful to the rep. If the rep gives you any issue just buy some accessories with the new phone to sweeten the deal (reps are commisioned and sometimes need incentive to work with you on a non commisionable transaction.) A new Storm on 1 year pricing is $269.99 and three accessories will run you $59.99 for a total cost of $329.99 which is well within what you should be able to sell an Omnia for. Best part about doing it this way is the 1 year MFG warranty plus being able to legitimately keep your TEC insurance.
    this should def work? theres nothing that can go wrong? They wont ask for the broken omnia?
    02-19-09 10:30 AM
    this should def work? theres nothing that can go wrong? They wont ask for the broken omnia?
    02-19-09 01:43 PM
    sold on ebay for $350 but my dads being an ******* and said i cant do it and to "take it off" and im not selling it....what a prik
    02-21-09 10:24 AM
    Sorry to hear that, it seems like he is trying to make you understand how to make decisions and then how to live with them if they are wrong. Ill help ya out here for the future... BlackBerry > Everything
    02-21-09 10:36 AM
    yes, defiantly lol
    02-21-09 10:38 AM
    ok so im on my last legs here with trying to get a storm lol...but i emailed them a formal complaint letter and my dads taking me to the vzw store tomorrow night...any suggestions on what to say to them? (short of the broken policy idea as my dad will be right next to me...) he said if they cant do anything for me at the store then im stuck with my pos omnia....vzw reps? anyone? plz help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:23 PM
    bump? suggestions? plz, i cant deal with the omnia anymore....what are my chances of getting something done tomorrow?
    02-22-09 07:42 PM
    My Storm is insured through my homeowner's insurance. It's much cheaper than Verizon's.
    02-22-09 08:43 PM
    what?? my current issue is...
    "ok so im on my last legs here with trying to get a storm lol...but i emailed them a formal complaint letter and my dads taking me to the vzw store tomorrow night...any suggestions on what to say to them? (short of the broken policy idea as my dad will be right next to me...) he said if they cant do anything for me at the store then im stuck with my pos omnia....vzw reps? anyone? plz help"
    lol
    02-22-09 08:56 PM
    anybody?? im going tonight and need some help on wat to say...i hate this phone! my dad will prob b right next to me so is there anything i can tell them besides i broke it that might get me a storm? plz help me out here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 01:52 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD