Ok this is a long story but I'm gona try and make it short.
    Got my storm Friday morning 9:00 am from BestBuy. Got back to the office and synced it with my desk top. Then started to use it, only phone calls and sms, in the middle of typing a sms it rebooted on me. So ok its new I ignored it, then again a few mins later same thing?? Still never tried the browser yet. So me being the way I am I found the OS on Verizons site, down loaded and loaded it to the phone. Ever since then the phone is missing the service books and hrs on the phone w/ Verizon and Blackberry still no luck. Has anyone else down loaded the Verzion or the Blackberry OS and had it work?? I'm sure I forgot something in this but just ask and I'll answer the question.
    I just want my Storm to work!
    11-25-08 08:04 PM
    What is the platform of your OS go to options about then look for platorm
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    Just to go Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table, and click menu, select Register Now, your service books should slowly resync.
    Ok this is a long story but I'm gona try and make it short.
    Got my storm Friday morning 9:00 am from BestBuy. Got back to the office and synced it with my desk top. Then started to use it, only phone calls and sms, in the middle of typing a sms it rebooted on me. So ok its new I ignored it, then again a few mins later same thing?? Still never tried the browser yet. So me being the way I am I found the OS on Verizons site, down loaded and loaded it to the phone. Ever since then the phone is missing the service books and hrs on the phone w/ Verizon and Blackberry still no luck. Has anyone else down loaded the Verzion or the Blackberry OS and had it work?? I'm sure I forgot something in this but just ask and I'll answer the question.
    I just want my Storm to work!
    11-25-08 08:33 PM
    Just to go Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table, and click menu, select Register Now, your service books should slowly resync.
    V 4.7.0.65 Platform 4.0.0.82

Also have tried the HRT several times and resending from the BB site when logged in plus *228 the Verizon reps had me do all kinds of things to try
    11-25-08 08:58 PM
    Do you have BB desktop installed? if so, VPN in your office network, and connect your phone to your desktop, see if the desktop will actually activate your phone thru serial bypass mode.
    11-25-08 09:06 PM
    Did the RIM reps have you test with you by sending a PIN message? Did that work? What does your signal indicate 1XEV, 1xev?
    11-25-08 09:23 PM
    Do you have BB desktop installed? if so, VPN in your office network, and connect your phone to your desktop, see if the desktop will actually activate your phone thru serial bypass mode.
    Try new software update on DM. it offers to options. One is the .65 you already have and the other is a downgrade. install the downgrade (it will ask if you really wanna downgrade. say yes). then re-install the upgrade. not only should this work, it might actually help the speed of the storm from what I hear.
    11-25-08 09:26 PM
    Let's hope for a soon OS that will do the same thing, but super fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 09:27 PM
    Did the RIM reps have you test with you by sending a PIN message? Did that work? What does your signal indicate 1XEV, 1xev?
    Yes they tried the PIN message and it didn't work, signal is 1xev
    11-25-08 09:30 PM
    Try new software update on DM. it offers to options. One is the .65 you already have and the other is a downgrade. install the downgrade (it will ask if you really wanna downgrade. say yes). then re-install the upgrade. not only should this work, it might actually help the speed of the storm from what I hear.
    Yep that happen and I said yes and man I thought it was gona work but nope I have reinstalled the OS from both sites about a dozen times now just hoping something would change
    11-25-08 09:32 PM
    Yep that happen and I said yes and man I thought it was gona work but nope I have reinstalled the OS from both sites about a dozen times now just hoping something would change
    Battery pull. soft reset. etc. otherwise its not unreasonable to think you might have a defective phone. I'm sure there were several in existence.....or do you live in South Dakota and just can't get more than 1kev?....just a thuoght.
    11-25-08 09:46 PM
    where were you left with support? Doesnt sound like a software issue so i wouldnt do that anymore.
    11-25-08 09:47 PM
    do you have the ability to perform a "wireless upgrade" on your phone? If you do, its under "Advanced options" at the bottom of the page.
    11-25-08 09:48 PM
    Nothing's defective, he just doesn't have data if the network indicator is lower cased.

Battery pull. soft reset. etc. otherwise its not unreasonable to think you might have a defective phone. I'm sure there were several in existence.....or do you live in South Dakota and just can't get more than 1kev?....just a thuoght.
    11-25-08 09:49 PM
    Nothing's defective, he just doesn't have data if the network indicator is lower cased.
    well sounds like he's tried everything. how does he get it then?
    11-25-08 09:56 PM
    The Blackberry rep referred me back to Verizon because he said it was a service issue I can say Verizon has been good w/ trying to help but yes they told me I would most likely need to return the phone I just don't see how they can't fix it since its a service issue. I have the 1XEV on other phones and they verified it is in my area too I'm just lost. The VZW rep said he even rebuilt my service plan and verified everything
    I'm located in central Florida
    Last edited by Joel Martin; 11-25-08 at 10:23 PM.
    11-25-08 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD