ok, so i've had the storm for 2 days now, when i first got it i thought what the **** am i doing with this, had to buy a new phone since i broke my 8830, and im a heavy texter 3-4000 a month. and right now the storm is a big big change from physical buttons, but i've already seen a few things that i think would make a HUGE improvement on the storm.

#1) ok first and foremost, the keyboard while in landscape mode. now i know you have to physically click everytime you want to type a letter, but try this.

turn the phone so the 4 buttons on the bottom are facing to the right, and then compose a new message. now start typing, normal right? now try typing fast without actually clicking down on the screen, i personally can type almost as fast as on my 8830 (which was insanely fast btw). it would be nice if we could have an option that actually counts screen taps without the full pushdown. And you could use the camera button on the top right as sort of a trigger, when you hold it down halfway it tells the phone to accept all key presses regardless of full screen taps.

#2) when typing in full qwerty mode while holding the phone normally, or even in landscape, it would be nice to have a button near the bottom corner that you can press to make the keyboard dissapear, vs dragging your finger on the screen.

Thats all i have for now but as i play with it more and more ill give my thoughts
    03-28-09 12:39 PM

Thats all i have for now but as i play with it more and more ill give my thoughts
    Ohh GREAT!, can't wait !!!
    03-28-09 12:41 PM
    Good ideas, lets see what RIM have planned for us in the future....
    03-28-09 12:49 PM
    Ohh GREAT!, can't wait !!!
    lol, then don't read my post again you ***
    03-28-09 12:58 PM
    I was told when I went to Verizon to buy a BB, that if you are a fast texter, or impatient, to not buy the Storm. They were very open about this - not just one salesman told me that. If you are, I would consider changing phones before your 30 days is up.
    03-28-09 01:00 PM
    Your first idea has been discussed in countess threads already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 01:01 PM
    ok, so i've had the storm for 2 days now, when i first got it i thought what the **** am i doing with this, had to buy a new phone since i broke my 8830, and im a heavy texter 3-4000 a month. and right now the storm is a big big change from physical buttons, but i've already seen a few things that i think would make a HUGE improvement on the storm.

#1) ok first and foremost, the keyboard while in landscape mode. now i know you have to physically click everytime you want to type a letter, but try this.

turn the phone so the 4 buttons on the bottom are facing to the right, and then compose a new message. now start typing, normal right? now try typing fast without actually clicking down on the screen, i personally can type almost as fast as on my 8830 (which was insanely fast btw). it would be nice if we could have an option that actually counts screen taps without the full pushdown. And you could use the camera button on the top right as sort of a trigger, when you hold it down halfway it tells the phone to accept all key presses regardless of full screen taps.

#2) when typing in full qwerty mode while holding the phone normally, or even in landscape, it would be nice to have a button near the bottom corner that you can press to make the keyboard dissapear, vs dragging your finger on the screen.

Cant wait for the experts insights.......
    03-28-09 01:03 PM
    lol, i guess im not a hardcore enough loser who plays with his phone 24/7 to have an "expert opinion" hey? lol, you guys are ****en FAGS. go outside and have interactions with people other then through wap.crackberry.com

LOL
    03-28-09 01:08 PM
    I was told when I went to Verizon to buy a BB, that if you are a fast texter, or impatient, to not buy the Storm. They were very open about this - not just one salesman told me that. If you are, I would consider changing phones before your 30 days is up.
    i'm pretty sure i'm going to. but i really do like this phone for everything else it offers. with the 8830 all i did was text because thats all the phone was really made to do, ie workhorse. i never used the media player or the internet because it just wasnt good enough for it.

I'm trying to cut back on my texting and i think the storm might be the way to do it..
    03-28-09 01:10 PM
    great ideas man!! you an engineer?? if not, please get into that major!!! your a genius...

how about dont buy a peice of garbage iphone wanna-be... buy a real blackberry not this verizon junkbox

read my ******* info you moron, im with TELUS. and i got this phone for free vs paying 500$ for another 8830 you ******* hillbilly ******
    03-28-09 01:24 PM
    To Late! Apple beat you to it!
    03-28-09 01:25 PM
    same thing I was told. In fact, he was going to refuse to activate it, but I told him I was patient enough
    03-28-09 01:25 PM
    pass the popcorn
    03-28-09 01:31 PM
    yes i am a hillbilly from new york city... good one... that engineering smart mentallity is kicking in, not to mention your on TELUS... anyone on TELUS is cheap and a hick. get a real service provider, poor boy
    I think he was basing his comment on your hillbilly grammer.
    03-28-09 01:34 PM
    pass the popcorn
    Here you go would you like butter and can I offer you an extra jumbo large
    Rink for 6.50 more?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 02:07 PM
    If you set the right convienence key at the Virtual Keyboad then you can make it appear and disapear as you want, instead of touchin or swiping the screen. I like it like that
    03-28-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD