I want to change my outgoing email sig so that it does not say "Sent by my Verizon Wireless Blackberry". I want no message at all at the end of my emails sent from my Storm...

I was told to signup at the BIS website, which I have done, but cant find where to change this sig...

I would appreciate it if someone could chime in here to let me know how to do that or where to look on their site.
    03-12-09 02:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...ignature-4980/

Search function brought this up !

Enjoy!

03-12-09 02:12 PM
    Once you have signed in you will see your accounts. Choose edit and it should be clear what needs to be done
    03-12-09 02:13 PM
    You guys work quick here, lol
    03-12-09 02:15 PM
    By the way....

You can also go to "autotext" and enter a signature of your own. Go to options > autotext > menu > new > under "replace" enter something like 'sig' > then under "with" enter your name, email, phone number, etc.

I have multiple signatures. One for business (named sigb) with all of my contact info (office, toll free, fax, - although the office, toll-free and mobile ALL ring to the same bb - it looks good giving thr options) and one for informal (named sigp) with just first name and brief contact info. When you're done typing your message enter a few empty lines then enter "sig" and press space bar and - viola, custom signature is entered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:45 PM
    is signing up with the "owners lounge" the same thing as setting up an account? I don't see where I can edit anything when I log in to that owners' lounge on the BIS site...
    03-12-09 03:58 PM
    No the owners lounge, I believe was their attempt at a forum for BB owners. Signing up for BIS is a different process... Don't worry I'm in the middle of doing it myself so once I iron it out I'll post the reply.
    03-12-09 04:01 PM
    ok, back to my PC now -- here is the link to the page where you set up your BIS for Verizon users:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    03-12-09 04:05 PM
    once you're in the site (created user name and password) you'll see a list of your email accounts associated w/ your device / account- to the right hand side you'll see a column "edit" click the icon in that column for the account you want to remove the "sent from my bb" signature -- then you'll see a new screen that is pretty self-explanatory
    03-12-09 04:08 PM
    No the owners lounge, I believe was their attempt at a forum for BB owners. Signing up for BIS is a different process... Don't worry I'm in the middle of doing it myself so once I iron it out I'll post the reply.
    well apparently an owners lounge is a valid account. I tried to set up an account at that link someone just gave us and I got a message saying there is already an account set up with that PIN...
    03-12-09 04:13 PM
    well apparently an owners lounge is a valid account. I tried to set up an account at that link someone just gave us and I got a message saying there is already an account set up with that PIN...
    I'm getting the same message, but from the owners lounge I'm not able to access the BIS page. Furthermore from the login screen, if I select the forgot password option It sends my phone a message saying "User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service." and that's a no go as well...
    03-12-09 04:22 PM
    You guys work quick here, lol

LOL this forum is full of people who are either on their BB or on CB hehe.....OR both......so things come threw here very fast!

STRAP IN WHERE MOVEN FAST!

03-12-09 04:26 PM
    I am not sure how all email accounts work but I know I changed my Yahoo! email auto sig using my phone. Simply go to the 'Setup' folder and click on 'Email Settings'. Once it loads select the account u desire to edit and scroll down to the signature text block and simply delete the text.

Like I stated at the start, I can't speak for all of the different accounts just Yahoo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:34 PM
    Huh?? That's confusing.

The link I provided has NOTHING to do with the owner's lounge.

The link goes to the page where you would either access an existing account or create a new one. If you tried to create a new account and got the message that an account is already set up for that PIN -- then that means that you've already set up an account and must have forgotten. In that case go to the main page again and click on the "forgot password" link. You'll be prompted to enter the PIN. get this from your options >> stutus on your device. The user name is sent to the email address associated with that PIN (read: your blackberry email address).

or... just go thru the set up wizard on your device as the post a minute ago outlined - which is probably the easiest solution. However, it's always good to create and maintain access to your BIS page.
    03-12-09 04:47 PM
    Huh?? That's confusing.

The link I provided has NOTHING to do with the owner's lounge.

The link goes to the page where you would either access an existing account or create a new one. If you tried to create a new account and got the message that an account is already set up for that PIN -- then that means that you've already set up an account and must have forgotten. In that case go to the main page again and click on the "forgot password" link. You'll be prompted to enter the PIN. get this from your options >> stutus on your device. The user name is sent to the email address associated with that PIN (read: your blackberry email address).
    so I just tried that apparently I've forgotten my password. So I asked it to send me my password to my phone and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm just going to go back to work and try this at home when I have more time. It's just tooooo confusing!
    03-12-09 04:59 PM
    Alternatively, you coulda just clicked the Email Settings icon and select the email account, scroll down and change the Signature field. (note: this is not the same email settings you find in Options)

You can make all the same changes from your phone without having to create a login on the BIS website. If you do create a new account/login on the BIS website, then your phone won't automatically take you there from Email Settings anymore. You'll have to plug in your username and password.

I don't recall where the Email Settings icon was originally placed, but mine is in my Setup Folder along with the Setup wizard and Manage Connections. Don't recall if that was it's original shortcut location.
    03-12-09 05:57 PM
    Alternatively, you coulda just clicked the Email Settings icon and select the email account, scroll down and change the Signature field. (note: this is not the same email settings you find in Options)

You can make all the same changes from your phone without having to create a login on the BIS website. If you do create a new account/login on the BIS website, then your phone won't automatically take you there from Email Settings anymore. You'll have to plug in your username and password.

I don't recall where the Email Settings icon was originally placed, but mine is in my Setup Folder along with the Setup wizard and Manage Connections. Don't recall if that was it's original shortcut location.
    THANK YOU so much!
    That worked perfectly. No more unwanted verizon commercials every time I send a message.
    03-12-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD