Alright I want in I'm on .148 and you people are talking about your memory being above 40 mine is in the upper 20's I'm running most of the same programs you guys are what are you guys doing to get such high memory????
    05-20-09 05:20 PM
    List your apps
    05-20-09 05:24 PM
    the only ones running besides the defaults are
    profiler
    beejive
    weatherbug
    meterberry
    05-20-09 05:28 PM
    i didnt see anything above 45 till i shrunk my OS, no im in the mid 50s. other then that I just went through and did the phone clean up stuff thats been recomended in various places on this site...
    05-20-09 05:30 PM
    Alright I want in I'm on .148 and you people are talking about your memory being above 40 mine is in the upper 20's I'm running most of the same programs you guys are what are you guys doing to get such high memory????
    I dont get it either. Ive been running in the 20s with 22 aps, and when i went to .148 im in the 40s. only thing i did different this time was a handheld wipe.that shouldnt have made a difference...
    05-20-09 05:33 PM
    the only ones running besides the defaults are
    profiler
    beejive
    weatherbug
    meterberry
    I'll ask again...list ALL your apps including defaults. Also, search for "Shrink-A-OS" and remove all the crap
    05-20-09 05:35 PM
    So when you run ShrinkOS, what are you removing?

Grey
    05-20-09 05:37 PM
    So when you run ShrinkOS, what are you removing?

Grey
    You can remove a lot of things you don't need, like the sample videos, wallpaper, ringtones, Help files, etc etc.

Makes a big difference. I deleted the Docs to Go accessories because rarely do i need to actually make a change to an excel or word doc while i'm on the road.
    05-20-09 05:52 PM
    My completely empty (of third party apps) Storm boots at 52 MB on .148. I removed sample vids, sample pics, VZ Nav, deaf person help (or whatever it is), all the IM apps, and didn't load any extra languages.

My other Storm is loaded with third party apps and boots at 37 MB on .148 and I deleted all the same things from the OS EXCEPT I left VZ Nav on it.

I don't understand how people get varying memory with different OS's. All the OS's are pretty mucht he same size, so any changes are mostly dependnt on what you remove or keep. No matter what OS I change to my app memory is always within a bout .5 MB.

It's kind of like the claims of improved boot times with different OS's. One Storm I started tracking at .75 and it took 2:09 to boot and that's what it has been on each OS it has had. It has not changed at all. The other one has been 2:33 since I started timing it, I think around OS .113.
    05-20-09 06:01 PM
    I use Shrink-A-OS and remove everything but the default font. I have a few third party apps, but I never let them run when I'm not using them. I usually have about 50MB at bootup (sometimes more), and fluctuate between 40-50MB throughout the day.
    05-20-09 08:02 PM
    Ya i have the same thing. High 20's!
    I even removed some apps that i thought to be leaking.
    05-20-09 09:23 PM
    My completely empty (of third party apps) Storm boots at 52 MB on .148. I removed sample vids, sample pics, VZ Nav, deaf person help (or whatever it is), all the IM apps, and didn't load any extra languages.

My other Storm is loaded with third party apps and boots at 37 MB on .148 and I deleted all the same things from the OS EXCEPT I left VZ Nav on it.

I don't understand how people get varying memory with different OS's. All the OS's are pretty mucht he same size, so any changes are mostly dependnt on what you remove or keep. No matter what OS I change to my app memory is always within a bout .5 MB.

It's kind of like the claims of improved boot times with different OS's. One Storm I started tracking at .75 and it took 2:09 to boot and that's what it has been on each OS it has had. It has not changed at all. The other one has been 2:33 since I started timing it, I think around OS .113.
    Wait does it really have deaf person help? To me that's kinda ironic since its a phone and you listen to people talk....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:44 PM
    How do you shrink the OS is you've already installed it on the phone? Do I just downgrade, shrink, then upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD