I've been running stock 75 since November. As each leaked OS came out I was like I'm going to do it. . . . no I'm not.

Well, when 99 came out I actually downloaded and installed it on my PC. I also installed crackmem 3.3 and saw it it was seeing the app and such.

Well I forgot about the above and tonight I went to plug my Storm in and it happened the app loader started!

I'm like what the hell???????????????????????

So now I'm 99! Hold the applause!

I can't make a call! I get welcome to Verizon message. Do I need to register it again with the yellow paper?
    02-06-09 12:39 AM
    Lucky for me I kept all my 3rd party app registration codes.

Also, how come I never read about when this is done you have to set the phone up like new?

I'm still in shock, the damn thing just up and started. I'm just glad I was smart enough not to unplug my phone.

So now I'm 99. What did I do?
    02-06-09 12:52 AM
    No you should be fine. Try doing a *228 and use option 1.
    02-06-09 12:52 AM
    You shouldn't have lost everything. Usually it will do a backup of all your apps install the OS and then restore everything back on. Very sorry this was not the experience that you got on your first OS upgrade.

But fear not... You're a crack head... We'll take care of you and next thing you know you'll be installing ALL the leaks! Welcome to the club!
    02-06-09 12:54 AM
    You shouldn't have lost everything. Usually it will do a backup of all your apps install the OS and then restore everything back on. Very sorry this was not the experience that you got on your first OS upgrade.

But fear not... You're a crack head... We'll take care of you and next thing you know you'll be installing ALL the leaks! Welcome to the club!
    I feel. . . . dirty but excited also!

I feel like I touch a &*^% for the first time! LOL

Ok I did a softpull and I can make and receive calls.

I'm just tripping out that like quicklaunch needed its registration and so did stormlock and my youtube is fresh again etc.

All in all everything is in it's place.

WOW scrolling is fast!

AP news needed my zip again

WOW switching from app to app is quick. switching from icon to icon is like wow.

Typing seems more accurate.

And emails come quick I just sent one to myself and snap it's back!

There's no lag, no drag, no hesitating.
    02-06-09 01:09 AM
    AHHHHH quicklaunch reset!

I lost all me choices again! It happened also when I upgraded.

Oh well.
    02-06-09 01:11 AM
    OH CRAP!

The camera is fast! Way fast!
    02-06-09 01:13 AM
    So if I'm not showing any signs of trouble or hick-ups then I was successful?

Cause so far I'm not noticing any problems or rashes.

My stomach is all messed up from the stress but I'm feeling better.

As I log it all done here It's become more and more relaxing and some what fun, but 4:A.M. is going to come quick so I'm off to bed. I will check back tomorrow and I want to keep reporting here in my thread.

Please guys if any thoughts come post them and if there is anything I need to look out for also.

WOW I did it.
    02-06-09 01:22 AM
    You are successful Maestro! Welcome to the dark side! Thanks for your posts. Was quite refreshing to hear someone enjoy their phone again for the first time! I may sound like a hyper critical 4ss a lot of the time but I'm a developer myself and hold myself up to an extremely high set of standards as well. RIM is moving a long well on this phone. I only wish it had gotten the launch it deserved! Hopefully Obama and this BOGO on Storms will help. Honestly I think they'd have done better if the storm BOGO was AFTER a post .99 OS but beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by bthoward; 02-06-09 at 02:07 AM.
    02-06-09 02:04 AM
    Please guys if any thoughts come post them and if there is anything I need to look out for also.
    Before you install another one though make sure you go into control panel > add/remove programs and uninstall the BB device software before you install another one! Make sure you only have 1 on your machine at a time.
    02-06-09 02:08 AM
    If you don't mind a broken MMS (for most people) and BBM locling up (again most people) .99 is a great build.
    02-06-09 02:33 AM
    hrm... MMS and BBM seem to work ok for me... Guess I'm just lucky.
    02-06-09 03:24 AM
    I have been running .99 for 2 days now, and it runs great. I have noticed that sometimes it cuts the first 2 or 3 seconds off a song, but I can definately live with that. I was scared to load it because .90 was a complete abortion for me. it really screwed my phone up, so I went back down to .75.
    02-06-09 03:45 AM
    hrm... MMS and BBM seem to work ok for me... Guess I'm just lucky.
    Not everyone has those problems, and yes you're lucky that you don't, but enough do to preclude making this an official release.
    02-06-09 03:46 AM
    If you don't mind a broken MMS (for most people) and BBM locling up (again most people) .99 is a great build.
    I've been installing every leak since .65 when I got my phone, and never had that problem with MMS or BBM. And, just because it might have happened to you for one reason or another, doesn't mean it has happened to most people.

For the O.P. of this thread, glad you are liking .99 - it is one of the more stable releases that were leaked and fixed a lot of problems. The remaining problems are minor and I think the next leaked version will maybe even better.
    02-06-09 07:34 AM
    I woke this morning thinking man what a dream!

I walked into the kitchen when my Storm is al snuggled up from a night's sleep and I wake the guy by pulling his plug. He awoke just to show me AHHHHHHHHHH he is running 99!

Ohhhhhhhh it's fast.

Ok about the above replies, thanks guys.

MMS I don't use. BBM I do use so hopefully it will work good for me.

I'm really liking this.

Oh crap now I realized I have to re-read all the 99 threads. LOL Cause now I care!
    02-06-09 08:40 AM
    man, i guess if it can happen by accident. it must not be too complicated to do. still on .75 WAITING for the official. (for now )
    02-06-09 09:37 AM
    man, i guess if it can happen by accident. it must not be too complicated to do. still on .75 WAITING for the official. (for now )
    Yeah that's right rub it in! LOL

But ya know I've had no problems and I think I like 99.
    02-06-09 09:43 AM
    So if I'm not showing any signs of trouble or hick-ups then I was successful?

Cause so far I'm not noticing any problems or rashes.

My stomach is all messed up from the stress but I'm feeling better.

As I log it all done here It's become more and more relaxing and some what fun, but 4:A.M. is going to come quick so I'm off to bed. I will check back tomorrow and I want to keep reporting here in my thread.

WOW I did it.
    Congrats and welcome to the club! I felt the same way when was a leaked OS virgin as well, but plenty of addicts with plenty more experience willing to help us with any problems
    02-06-09 04:33 PM
    I've been installing every leak since .65 when I got my phone, and never had that problem with MMS or BBM. And, just because it might have happened to you for one reason or another, doesn't mean it has happened to most people.
    l
    I already read stated that not everyone was effected, but read the forums. An awful lot of people are effected. Many more probably are too but don't realize it yet since it only effects images not taken with the Storm's on board camera. I didn't even realize it till someone pointed it out and I tried it.
    02-06-09 09:10 PM
    Well day 2 is coming to a close.

I had a minor email hick-up but a softpull took care of it.

Other wise my Storm has and is running great!
    02-08-09 01:14 AM
    Day 3 is almost over and no problems to report. My memory is stable in the 40's and I'm downloading, uploading, surfing, and calling with no problems.

James
    02-08-09 10:31 PM
    Will Verizon ever have an l new update for the storm?
    02-09-09 08:01 AM
    Will Verizon ever have an l new update for the storm?
    I would hope so, but then again I think back to my 8830 days and it doesn't look too promising
    02-09-09 08:28 AM
    I definately think there's one coming soon. VZW won't release an update until RIM makes a near flawless build, and with what we've seen from all these leaked OSs, they're getting closer and closer to it. I imagine that pretty soon they're going to do the same thing as Sith and just piece together all the good things from all the previous builds and make one awesome, quick, super-stable build... and VZW will release it. JMO
    02-09-09 09:10 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD