I was under the impression that while talking on the phone, we couldn't:
    • Text
    • Surfing the web
    • Receiving the emails

While on a CDMA network, now unless im wrong about this .... while talking on the phone ... I am able to Send and receive text

FTW!!! my productivity went up 30% lol
    05-18-10 09:40 PM
    You can on wifi
    05-18-10 09:45 PM
    You sure you were not on WIFI? Surfing the web and receiving emails can happen on WIFI when you are on the phone. You definitely cant do both (surf and on phone) if you have and just on 3G.

Dixit
    05-18-10 09:46 PM
    You can text while on the phone while on CDMA. Email and Web Surfing are a no go without wifi. It's one of the drawbacks of CDMA then again I don't have to suffer with AT&T. Fair Trade
    05-18-10 09:48 PM
    Texting uses voice not data, so it will work on CDMA without Wi-Fi or GSM without 3G.
    05-18-10 09:50 PM
    I was under the impression that while talking on the phone, we couldn't:
    • Text
    • Surfing the web
    • Receiving the emails

While on a CDMA network, now unless im wrong about this .... while talking on the phone ... I am able to Send and receive text

FTW!!! my productivity went up 30% lol
    I know you can text while talking, and I know you can't surf the web while talking. About 90% sure you can't get emails while talking.

Haha even my dumbphone can do sms while talking
    05-18-10 09:51 PM
    I know you can text while talking, and I know you can't surf the web while talking. About 90% sure you can't get emails while talking.

Haha even my dumbphone can do sms while talking
    Thanks for clearing that up guys

I was like ... WTF

I wish we could surf the web while talking, but now that I think about it.... it ain't that big of a deal
    05-18-10 09:56 PM
    I get email while on the phone all the time. Twice today as a matter of fact. I have a lot of hotspots set up, but I don't think I was in one.
    05-18-10 10:04 PM
    Texting and Voice use the same channel of data, whereas data is set into another channel in the CDMA world. Problem is, the radio can only do one at a time; a GSM phone can use both at the same time.

So you can text and call at the same time, or you can use data. It's only one at a time though.
    05-19-10 07:55 AM
    ah the beauty of packet transmission. lol.
    05-27-10 06:50 AM
    It's one of the drawbacks of CDMA then again I don't have to suffer with AT&T. Fair Trade
    Seems like it's only drawbacks with CDMA...
    05-27-10 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD