im on my 2nd replacement and i wish i would of just returned the phone and went back to my curve on sprint before the 30 day period was up.

the accelerometer doesn't know what its doing. my phone is constantly stuck in a side view mode when its perfectly up straight.

it turns off randomly.

the keyboard is not calibrated correctly. often ill type something and its pressing another key

its beyond ridiculous i have to keep a cut up business card behind my battery for the screen to click right

the sounds ( alerts etc ) randomly stop working

the phone is dead or near dead before 1 pm

it slows down to a crawl when ever its receiving data.

the phone is slow and the fade effects are horrible bandaid at trying to make it look cool and smooth

the browser is SLOW

visual voicemail constantly stops working ( now i just press check for new messages )

its pretty dumb i have to have a 3rd party screen lock application just to be able to make a call with out muting it or doing many other stupid things ( yes i hold the phone with my cheeks sometimes but guess what. im not going to hold it lightly and have it fall and drop and break )

and theres more but i dont care anymore.. i was hoping a software update would make the phone work better but its more than apparent Verizon is going to put them out nice and slow and simply reject peoples claims to get a replacement phone because in fact they are all crap.

i really dont care to see anyones reply sticking up for the phone. i have 5 friends with the phone and we all have the same problems.. you are a crack addict in denial if you think this phone is ready for prime time.
    If they are all 5 of your friends (local I assume) than you probably got it from the same store which probably got them out of the same box. If that's the case, of course all of them have the same problems- they were on the same spot on the belt.
    01-02-09 10:34 PM
    Okay, I have to say at first Verizon was very helpful, my first storm would freeze and the camera wouldn't sync with the flash taking pics, accelerometer issues that did get better, asked for a replacement and they sent me a phone from Canada with a yellow tinted screen, it was dark grey white LCD and the Video showed up fuzzy, so they sent me a third, which was refurbished unit, which they told me a new one was on the way. refurbished one was good but still had a darker screen, but I didn't want a refu unit when I was in my 30 day period so they sent me my fourth which was a new one, Mexico unit, color is good and I was planning on keeping it even though there is bright light showing in between the green phone button and the blackberry icon button, then today on day 2 I noticed a bunch of random reboots and the 348 error message, called Verizon to see if this fixable
    and the tech told me it is know issue and they can't replace my phone and my 30 day grace period is over, I explained I have been getting phones replaced since my original grace period and they missed shipped 2 of them to another address which caused a week and a half delay. I was told I will have to wait for a patch to come and fix this problem and he recommended I switch phones or go back to my old one in the mean time. Not happy right now I like the STORM but I think VERIZON messed up released product too soon, I will call back tomorrow and try to get some help again or might have to leave Verizon, I shouldn't be stuck with a phone that is defective....
    alos has anyone noticed LCD brightness goes in and out stays dark and then get really bright randomly. HELP FRUSTRATED
    01-02-09 10:37 PM
    Hmm. I have had mine since Dec 11th and have never been happier with it. Everything seems to be working well. Sometimes people need to understand a blackberry is like a mini computer when the OS itself is running (Turned on) it might have issues but you can always whipe and reload one. RIM is good with working out bugs.
    01-02-09 10:42 PM
    If they are all 5 of your friends (local I assume) than you probably got it from the same store which probably got them out of the same box. If that's the case, of course all of them have the same problems- they were on the same spot on the belt.
    Arizona isnt some tiny state. We all live in different cities and all got our phones from other stores and all have had replacements... so that theory isnt really valid
    01-02-09 10:43 PM
    Hmm. I have had mine since Dec 11th and have never been happier with it. Everything seems to be working well. Sometimes people need to understand a blackberry is like a mini computer when the OS itself is running (Turned on) it might have issues but you can always whipe and reload one. RIM is good with working out bugs.
    my 8330 and 8830 both are like "mini computers" and i rarely had to reboot them

my desktop computer and laptops dont have to be rebooted and you shouldnt have to reload an OS.. do you reload your windows or OSX each month? NO.. you shouldnt have to do it on your phone either
    01-02-09 10:45 PM
    my 8330 and 8830 both are like "mini computers" and i rarely had to reboot them

my desktop computer and laptops dont have to be rebooted and you shouldnt have to reload an OS.. do you reload your windows or OSX each month? NO.. you shouldnt have to do it on your phone either
    Well, to be honest, my "old" 8330 rebooted more frequently than my 9530 does, and neither was a lot. And .... my 9530 does soooooooooooo much more. I read in another thread about properly closing apps, and I ensure to do so. Not sure if that is one of the reasons my device is not slow or needs frequent rebooting.
    01-02-09 10:49 PM
    Well, to be honest, my "old" 8330 rebooted more frequently than my 9530 does, and neither was a lot. And .... my 9530 does soooooooooooo much more. I read in another thread about properly closing apps, and I ensure to do so. Not sure if that is one of the reasons my device is not slow or needs frequent rebooting.
    i only keep the core programs running and the phone needs a battery pull at random times
    01-02-09 10:51 PM
    I myself must be one of the lucky ones. The only issues I am having is that the right conv key seems to be set in a bit further than it should be. When I contacted Telus and explained this they are more than happy to replace the hardware but because there appears to be nothing else wrong with it I haven't taken the replacement as of yet. The response I got from them regarding the firmware was that if there are any hardware issues the phone should be replaced and they would deal with firmware issues as they come up. They are not advising anyone who potentially has hardware issues but is awaiting a firmware update to wait. They have been instructed by RIM to replace all phones that are even the least bit unsatisfactory to the consumer no questions asked.
    01-02-09 10:53 PM
    I think the Bold is a far superior product anyway! Verizon made a error in judgment with not going with the BOLD.

Hi---i'm a displaced BB user named kthrashe.

I think you made AN error in judgement by posting this on the Storm thread.
    01-02-09 10:55 PM
    If its a legitimate reason to get a replacement its ok. BUT there's a bunch of ignorant teens that don't want a dirty screen or a scratch so they switch. That's what is causing vz to put a halt on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 11:40 PM
    I'm totally new to BB and crackberry and i want to say the community here is amazing. I have had my Storm since 12/23 and it has worked pretty well until now...Now I'm torn between going and getting a replacement.

My main issue is that the screen will stop registering my touch or click commands for a significant amount of time. The physical keys work so I assume the phone is not locking up. It does lock up occasionally but a batt pull seems to work on that....No dust under the screen either.

So what I ask all you is: Should I go to my VZW store and go for a replacement? I feel like it is probably a software issue but I'm nervous that it could be hardware...from what I have read through this thread and several others, the majority of problems ppl have been having involve build quality, and aside from the problem I describe, it really does work well....except when it isn't Also, are the people that are here that are on their 3rd or 4th convinced that they're getting new and not refurbished units???? If this should be somewhere else sorry
    01-03-09 01:52 AM
    If uve exchanged your phone more than twice you're OCD lol

01-03-09 03:59 AM
    That's crazy people on their 3rd and 4th!!
    I say if it don't work get it fixed, u payed your money to use so it should perform properly.

P.S-----Sprint please get anew blackberry
    already. Stop always receiving phones last
    01-03-09 04:18 AM
    I don't blame them for getting angry. Some people are definitely returning for the most ridiculous of reasons.

This isn't true for everyone, but there are some people definitely crying wolf out there.
    01-03-09 04:49 AM
    I don't blame them for getting angry. Some people are definitely returning for the most ridiculous of reasons.

This isn't true for everyone, but there are some people definitely crying wolf out there.
    My storm went back for having a lot of dust under the screen. There was a lot of it not just a few specs here and there.

My replacement came in, no dust under the screen but had a slight click problem. Popped a felt pad in the battery cover and called it a day and now my clicking is great. I didn't want to get into a viscious cycle like some people have gotten into in returning phone after phone after phone and going through 5, 6, 7 phones.
    01-03-09 07:55 AM
    This is the risk you ALWAYS take with getting a new product fresh on the market

The bugs and the high prices
    01-03-09 07:56 AM

I wouldn't be so mean as to call it crying wolf.

I just think some people (sadly, probably a lot on this forum) whose expectations are too high for a 1st generation product.

If you wanted perfection, should've looked elsewhere.
    01-03-09 08:12 AM
    If the product isnt the condition that is should be you have every right to return it, I would never let some VZW rep tell me otherwise, you should get what you pay for and nothing less, and besides, they have to honor there own policy but I doubt anyone has really returned thier phone that didnt need to.....
    01-03-09 08:15 AM
    According to the rep, he stated they are not sending out refurbs and that they are only sending out new ones, but with no box,manual, etc. I told him if I think the unit is refurb or customer returned, I am sending it back. He told me not to worry, it would be new, just not packaged.
    --Mikeg1970
    I just now received my third Storm and the last one came with no bells and whistles: no manuals, no charger, no cables, no memory card, no battery - nada. It was just packaged in a blank cardboard box only big enough to stuff the phone into. The only other thing in the FedEx box was a glossy VZW "Verizon Device Exchange Program" card. The SKU on the warehouse label states "FRUBB9530". Sure 'looks and smells like' a refurb unit to me as the glossy card states "We are pleased to provide you with your certified like-new replacement device". Not sure tho' as others have told me there are no refurb units out there yet for the Storm.
    It is manufactured in Mexico and has a 12/17/2008 build.

I have to play with it to see if it works any better. My 2nd phone would not charge at all.
    01-03-09 09:30 AM
    I think the Bold is a far superior product anyway! Verizon made a error in judgment with not going with the BOLD.
    You DO know that the Bold is being pulled by Orange for sucking it up, right? Also, Verizon is getting the Bold (Niagara) in Q1 this year.

01-03-09 10:02 AM
    However these guys seem determined to deter me from a replacement
    That's a ridiculous statement. No one has tried to do that.
    01-03-09 10:09 AM
    That's a ridiculous statement. No one has tried to do that.
    Not in my case. The reps at my Telus corp store are a bunch fools. Who tells you that the storms they have in stock are all defective when you ask for a replacement? Obviously I'm going to ask to demonstrate. I don't know about Verizon but I switched from Rogers to Telus about 2 weeks ago and I'm already starting to hate it.
    01-03-09 10:19 AM
    Remember, the Bold was not what it is now when it first came out...just remember that!
    01-03-09 10:23 AM
    I think it's only right. People getting 4-5 replacements, can we really blame it ALL on hardware? I'm skeptical
    1 -I have my Storm since 11/22/08 and i didn't have problems on the phone slowing down like most of the people have, i think people are getting blackberry without really knowing how to use or close apps then they are saying their phone is bad and giving them problems.

2 - People need to give a time for the "bugs" to be fixed, who remember whem the iPhone came out, even the 3G version, how many returns? How many bugs with the phone? what about the Bold?
    01-03-09 10:28 AM

i really dont care to see anyones reply sticking up for the phone. i have 5 friends with the phone and we all have the same problems.. you are a crack addict in denial if you think this phone is ready for prime time.
    The same lengthy list of problems and all six of you stuck with the phone. Wow.
    01-03-09 10:50 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD