Sure seems like a lot of people are having problems getting Storms replaced the last few days.

I think Verizon/RIM is getting inundated and are getting sick of it.

It's no wonder when you read all of the replacement posts, where people are getting 2,3,4 replacements.
    01-02-09 02:49 PM
    I think the Bold is a far superior product anyway! Verizon made a error in judgment with not going with the BOLD.
    01-02-09 02:51 PM
    kthrashe: Great feedback in a Storm forum!

On Topic: I think anymore than 2 replacements is excessive, but some people may really have issues with the phone. However, I don't doubt some people exaggerate so they can have the "perfect" phone. Most issues people send the phone back for are pretty remedial.
    01-02-09 02:54 PM
    If this is true, they have no right to reject a phone for hardware mistakes brought on by the manufacture. (RIM)
    01-02-09 02:56 PM
    this is an absurd claim.

From your other thread, my assessment is that you were pushed around a bit bc you didnt know enough to tell the CS at vzw what to do. Just bc you had probs doesnt mean that there is something nefarious going on.

Things to know when trying to get a replacement:

1. You have until the 15th of January to get a replacement(s), even if you bought it on 11/21- this is well advertised and NO ONE can claim otherwise on vzw's side.

2. You can replace as many as you want/need until the 15th, no matter what vzw says (personally on my 4th)

3. You can opt to have a new one sent in original box but will be charged a temp fee of 200 bucks

Real simple folks. Go forth and get your replacements!
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-02-09 at 02:59 PM.
    01-02-09 02:56 PM
    Read a couple of the other threads started by people lately.
    01-02-09 02:59 PM
    Sure seems like a lot of people are having problems getting Storms replaced the last few days.

I think Verizon/RIM is getting inundated and are getting sick of it.

It's no wonder when you read all of the replacement posts, where people are getting 2,3,4 replacements.
    It's actually sad that people have to go through that many replacements until they are happy. Maybe if RIM and Verizon would of had some pathience with this device instead of releasing it before it was ready, people wouldnt have to be on their 2nd 3rd or 4th Storm. I myself just got a New Storm, my screen wouldnt click at all after 2 1/2 weeks, something like that is just un-acceptable.
    01-02-09 03:00 PM
    I think it's only right. People getting 4-5 replacements, can we really blame it ALL on hardware? I'm skeptical
    01-02-09 03:00 PM
    Read a couple of the other threads started by people lately.
    They were pushed around as well. You have rights... know them and no one can take advantage of you. I'm not trying to insult anyone here but the vzw CS will tell you anything if you dont know what's what.

And sadly, I have seen all the hundreds of other threads about replacements. In fact, almost every newb that got one has posted about it...
    01-02-09 03:01 PM
    I don't know if I just got lucky or I'm not as picky as other but my Storm has been flawless it works perfectly. I don't have slowdowns, lockups nothing.

From the videos online I can say that my accelerometer always runs much quicker than others. I'm running .76.
    01-02-09 03:01 PM
    I realize some people have legitimate reasons for needing replacements, but some of the reasons are ridiculous. Not liking the shade of green on your send key isn't a reason to get your 17th replacement phone.
    01-02-09 03:05 PM
    My screen is not clicking right, and my acclerometer is way off.

And @ rooster, I have since gotten assertive with my rep, with as yet no results

I understand what you are saying, but I am not someone that lays down when vendors try to give me the run around.

However these guys seem determined to deter me from a replacement
    01-02-09 03:06 PM
    Yeah, probably because people replace their phones for no reason.
    01-02-09 03:08 PM
    I can honestly say that Im on my 4th. Bad buttons, screen click,bad color of a screen, dust in the screen is reason for me to get a new phone. If you pay for it then it should be what you expect, after a week it falls apart... sorry replace it. There are to many choices out there, if this one isnt right Ill get something else. I shouldnt have to settle for something till they get it right. Then have to pay because my new every two isnt up yet. Sorry just my 2 cents.
    01-02-09 03:20 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm, bought it Black Friday weekend. A week later the corners of the screen would not click nor would they work when u press the screen. Second one would freeze up and reboot. Snow would appear on the screen (like a tv channel when the cable goes out) and reboot itself, camera would randomy come on and take up a 1/4 of the screen and could not get rid of it w/o doing a battery pull, and the accelerometer was heck of slow even with the .75 update. Just got my 3rd replacement 4 days ago and what a huge difference!! Much happier and this is what the Storm should have been at launch. Not a problem yet!
    01-02-09 03:28 PM
    it's a silly argument. some people had real issues...some just wanted to see if they could get a better storm. that is just how it is.
    01-02-09 03:34 PM
    I don't know if I just got lucky or I'm not as picky as other but my Storm has been flawless it works perfectly. I don't have slowdowns, lockups nothing.

From the videos online I can say that my accelerometer always runs much quicker than others. I'm running .76.
    I don't think it's because we are not picky, i think we are some of the lucky ones because I'm with you I have had my storm since 11/24 and have had no problem.

Yes there are hardware problems but yes i also think there are ALOT of newbies that are not upto speed with BBs and cry over every little thing. there has to be a little bit of a learning curve here for us and also for RIM this is the first touch screen they have released and it will only get better as time goes on. If the phone is not working because of hardware replace it demand a new one, in box. You are the customer and paided for it. if it's software, calm down and wait for the updates to come out, all software bugs will be fixed by updates
    01-02-09 03:45 PM
    I think the Bold is a far superior product anyway! Verizon made a error in judgment with not going with the BOLD.
    Who says Verizon passed on the Bold?
    01-02-09 03:55 PM
    If you have a verifiable problem then get another anything else stop crying wolf!!!
    01-02-09 03:58 PM
    I have made the decision to wait for the next generation as I don't want to have to replace a device 4 or 5 times but I will. Money does'nt just appear in my bankaccount and I want all the kinks worked out first. Sorry to fellow CB that are having problems.
    01-02-09 07:06 PM
    Personally I am on my second I wasn't even thinking of getting a new one but the lock unlock button stopped working on mine. Not being able to unlock without a hard reset was not fun.
    01-02-09 07:28 PM
    I was going to keep my phone - I was happy with it - everyone had been complaining of lock-ups and bad screens etc. I thought my phone was great until I got hold of another phone from a relative. After literaly 5 seconds with a new phone, I immediately realized something was wrong with mine. The color on my screen was slightly off and the screen click compared to the newer ones was like night and day. I could not believe that I thought the click on my phone was good until I actually tried one that works the way it is supposed to...unbelievable...

Well, I purchased mine on 11/21 and called verizon yesterday (01/01). I explained to them the situation and they said they would have a replacement to me by monday. They insisted I would get a refurb or customer return, but the unit would be like-new and certified by verizon to work flawlessly. At first I agreed, but later on in the evening I got upset that I had what I consider a defective phone. I called back verizon and spoke to a different rep and complained that I wanted a new one.

According to the rep, he stated they are not sending out refurbs and that they are only sending out new ones, but with no box,manual, etc. I told him if I think the unit is refurb or customer returned, I am sending it back. He told me not to worry, it would be new, just not packaged.

Does this sound right to anyone? I have the receipt that says January 15th. If it comes down to it, I will send the replacement back and then return my phone and by a new one all over...

--Mikeg1970
    01-02-09 08:04 PM
    I agree--- Hopefully Verizon comes out with a similar product to the BOLD.
    01-02-09 08:09 PM
    Who says Verizon passed on the Bold?
    What model is the 9030?
    01-02-09 08:11 PM
    I wonder if all new model phones get replaced at this rate...
    01-02-09 08:15 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD