I apologize in advance to all about asking this again but how can I get mp3's on my storm. I would like to use it as an mp3 player and change all of my ringtones but I can't seem to get music on my device. A quick run down on how to do this would very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

smp31
    03-29-09 11:55 PM
    Connect the device to the PC with the USB cable. Once plugged the pop up on the Storm screen should prompt you to turn on mass storage mode. Hit "Yes"

If you have a micro SD card in the device the PC will open the content selection menu. Open the Blackberry folder > music and drag and drop the MP3s.

Oh go into options > memory and make sure the mass storage option is not off.

Oh annddd next time read the damn manual.
    03-30-09 12:05 AM
    I think this link might help...

BlackBerry - PDA Camera Phone - Media Manager Photo Editing at BlackBerry.com, it explains how to upload pics, but gives links on how to do music too. its all about the same really.

Or you can use the Mass Storage Mode and just drag and drop music into your media cards 'music' folder, then it will show up on you music player
    03-30-09 12:09 AM
    Thank you for the info... the manual that came with this phone was the s**tiest manual ever! Completely pointless but I do appreciate you holding my hand.

smp31
    03-30-09 12:11 AM
    Thank you for the info... the manual that came with this phone was the s**tiest manual ever! Completely pointless but I do appreciate you holding my hand.

smp31
    LOL! No prob
    03-30-09 12:12 AM

smp31
    Agreed, the manual is worthless, consider crackberry your new manual. Well, at least one with some really childish and annoying pages, but just ignore them.
    03-30-09 12:14 AM
    What if no pop up asks me to turn it into a mass storage device... Then what should I do?
    03-30-09 12:17 AM
    What if no pop up asks me to turn it into a mass storage device... Then what should I do?
    Options -> Memory -> set 'Mass Storage mode Support' and 'Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected' to ON

then save the settings, and it might take a battery pull

once restarted, plug into your computer and both your blackberry and the media card will show up under My Computer as external disks.
    03-30-09 12:36 AM
    Options -> Memory -> set 'Mass Storage mode Support' and 'Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected' to ON

then save the settings, and it might take a battery pull

once restarted, plug into your computer and both your blackberry and the media card will show up under My Computer as external disks.
    If you have an adapter just drag and drop the mp3s onto your sd card and the phone will find them when you plug it back in. I do it that way and it works fine for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 12:44 AM
    OK, perfect... Got the songs on my phone. I can see how to play them. Now how does one use the mp3 as ringtones? Thanks everyone for the help!
    03-30-09 02:47 AM
    OK, perfect... Got the songs on my phone. I can see how to play them. Now how does one use the mp3 as ringtones? Thanks everyone for the help!
    When playing the song press the BB button, and then set as ringtone.

Or

You can go into your sound profiles > edit the phone alert > choose the BB memory card / or wherever the music is stored > and select. Job done

Hope this helps
    03-30-09 03:04 AM
    I use audacity to cut the music down to 30 second clips or just the part of the song I like, then export them as mp3s and put them in my ringtone folder. Been doing it with dumb phones for years. That way I don't wait in quiet intros and such. Just the part I like.

03-30-09 06:22 AM
    I apologize in advance to all about asking this again but how can I get mp3's on my storm. I would like to use it as an mp3 player and change all of my ringtones but I can't seem to get music on my device. A quick run down on how to do this would very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

smp31
    Don't apologize, no need, ask WHATEVER you need to and ignore the self - righteous adolescents that hop on the "search first you moron!" Bandwagon.

That's what the forums are here for.

03-30-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD