Running .148.. no hybrids (just loaded .148 today)
    Ok, so this story begins earlier today, about 10 hours ago. I'm sitting on the couch with storm in hand. Then, i noticed the camera light came on... So, I'm all like WTF, I didn't hit the button.. then I set it down just to see what it does. My storm took 8 pictures by itself and was going on the 9th before i hit end and did a battery pull.(this seemed to fix it)
    8 hours after the camera fiasco, I was waiting on a call from my girlfriend when all the sudden my storm took another picture. So, i hit end (i didn't want to pull the battery because i was waiting on a call) Once i hit the end button, it froze.... then it gave me the (shutting down message) and turned off... so I pressed the power button to get it back on.

Sure, it turned on, only to turn off and on, by itself for 6 revolutions.That is, until it stopped doing anything. Now, when I hit the power button.. nothing.. So, I plugged him into my compy to try and wipe and re-load my os. So, i did a battery pull, as soon as the white screen went off, I wiped and loaded my os. Now, he still won't turn on.. ugh.

Now, as I'm typing this, the "charging" led is blinking an orangy pink color (never seen this color before)... Possessed? Or Dead? Or did i royally muff it?
    Last edited by Taterfry; 06-25-09 at 02:48 AM.
    06-25-09 01:35 AM
    This isn't a question for cb, I think you would best be helped over at ghosthunters.com.

But srsly, that is some freaky ish, I would send it back if I were u no lie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:39 AM
    Is anything else in your house freaking out? TV, radio, blender? That's some trippy sh....stuff.
    06-25-09 01:42 AM
    Well, i did charge it at my old grandparents house where i'm sure my grandfathers ghost is still pissed and residing... my phone got all burning hot. Not to mention the A/C was turned off at the circuit breaker and it was 73 degrees inside... (and it's 108 outside here in las vegas).. pretty spooky
    06-25-09 01:43 AM
    Burn it at the Steak I tell you!!!
    06-25-09 02:21 AM
    Dude that sucks.. I would contact verizon and get a new one sent in. I'm calling tomorrow about my demonized storm. It likes to re-set randomly. I won't receive calls, blah blah..
    06-25-09 02:31 AM
    Dude that sucks.. I would contact verizon and get a new one sent in. I'm calling tomorrow about my demonized storm. It likes to re-set randomly. I won't receive calls, blah blah..
    Well, I planned on calling them.... But now I think I'll call it demonized... and shoot for 1 of two options from verizon:

1: New Phone
    2: Exorcism
    06-25-09 02:34 AM
    Have you examined the pictures closely yet to see if they include any free-roaming, vaporous, full-torso apparitions?
    06-25-09 10:36 AM
    Any books flying off shelves from 20 feet away?
    06-25-09 11:17 AM
    Any books flying off shelves from 20 feet away?
    Eh, just creepy portraits... but i figured that was normal. I mean, I should be okay until it jumps into me...... If that happened, I suppose I could just eat extra spicy thai food... that'd get 'em out!
    06-25-09 11:23 AM
    ********************UPDATE************************

I called verizon so i could get meh new storm.... I told him i thought it was possessed. So, I eventually coaxed the guy into putting "exorcism required" for his transaction notes... Lmao... tool. He was all confused when I brought up Storm 2 and os .151.... Then he got REALLY confused when I said 5.0.

Oh, silly little reps, what would we do without you when we're bored and have the day off...
    Last edited by Taterfry; 06-25-09 at 12:15 PM.
    06-25-09 11:57 AM
    Burn it at the Steak I tell you!!!

I'll take mine medium-rare, please and thank you!
    06-25-09 12:54 PM
    That orange-pinkish light that was blinking means your phone is practically dead. Whenever mine gets that low it takes forever to do simple things and is unpredictable. Although with that new .148, my phone has had a few random reboots and comes on saying it had to terminate a process that had a critical error. I have come to expect those sorts of things on this beast....
    06-25-09 01:37 PM
    Where in Vegas are you at? I just moved back to Iowa (crappy) from Vegas.
    06-25-09 01:51 PM
    I think it's time to be scared, your Storm might blow up. If you hear a beeping noise and a random countdown timer appear, THEN RUN!
    06-25-09 01:54 PM
    Maybe your girlfriend is unpleasant to your Storm when your not around. The phone is sense something that you are blind to.

When you reloaded the OS, did you let it restore all your junk? If you did, I would wipe, re-install and DON'T let it restore anything. See if it will run. Maybe you got a corrupted database/files.
    06-25-09 01:55 PM
    Sure sounds like hardware failure to me.
    06-25-09 01:58 PM
    LoL. This thread is Epic. Definately sounds possesed to me.
    Were any of the pictures that were taken happen to be any screenshots of any near future OS leaks?
    06-25-09 02:19 PM
    Ugh.. hardware or not.. the thing wont stop with the pictures when it randomly turns itself on.. then i click the screen and it shuts off. Although, for some reason, it works fine for my mother (on my deceased grandfather's side)... it's seriously wtf. I have it sitting in the kitchen by itself while it takes more pictures
    06-25-09 02:29 PM
    Maybe the phone is lashing out because you stuck it down your throat to take that avi? Replace it with something less, well, disgusting and do a battery pull and report back. Hurry.
    06-25-09 02:45 PM
    I definitely think it's the grandparents, they have an axe to grind...
    06-25-09 02:54 PM
    Please listen to this very closely. If you dont get that device out of your possesion within the next 24 hours it is going to change everything you ever though you knew. Please do this before its too late......
    06-25-09 03:02 PM
    do a battery pull and report back. Hurry.
    read my op
    06-25-09 03:13 PM
    Please listen to this very closely. If you dont get that device out of your possesion within the next 24 hours it is going to change everything you ever though you knew. Please do this before its too late......
    hmm.. maybe if i brought my camera over there and took some nightshots.... we may be able to find the source and reverse it!!
    06-25-09 03:15 PM
    Well, I planned on calling them.... But now I think I'll call it demonized... and shoot for 1 of two options from verizon:

1: New Phone
    2: Exorcism
    I am a Legally Ordained Minister.. I could perform that exorcism for you.. I think? They don't really come with a hand book you know lol.

All I have to do is Hit the phone at the top and Scream "The Power of Christ compels you!" I do it to my friends at parties lol.
    06-25-09 11:11 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD