Bought the Storm on Nov 21. Random things kept happening before and after the update but minor, I could live with them. But now? It's just out of control...

- While recording, it constantly freezes. Had to do 9 battery pulls in a matter of 2 hours the other night at a concert.
    - Lately, when I try to sync up and transfer pictures and video over the only thing I see is the "music" folder off of my SD card.
    - If I select a smiley in BB Messenger on the left side of the screen, it'll choose one of the right.
    - The bottom right of the keyboard in landscape mode doesn't seem to always work.
    - And the grand daddy of them all, the phone has been randomly reseting itself about 2-4 times a day lately.

Has anyone had these issues at all?
    01-06-09 12:22 PM
    if you just updated to .85 then yes, you're getting a lot of the same problems people have been experiencing.

some users have managed ok with .85 -- I personally switched back to .75 and am waiting for the next official OS release b/c of all the bugs you're talking about.

try going back to .75 -- you may find you're happy with the phone after all
    01-06-09 12:25 PM
    The resetting itself, I think it might be a defect. My first storm was doing the same thing, randomly resetting 10 times a day when the screen dims. Went to verizon and got a replacement and have had zero issues at all.
    01-06-09 12:28 PM
    Running .75 since the day I got my device

0 issues

Maybe it's best not to go for the unofficial leak.....
    01-06-09 12:29 PM
    I only download the official updates. The leaks are tempting, but I don't want to be the reason why my device isn't working properly.

After going through the forum, I see the only options I have are to cancel completely or get a refurbished one. I have a major problem with getting a used phone when I just bought this brand new not even 2 months ago. What a waste. RIM has let me down this time.
    01-06-09 12:42 PM
    Welcome MsFefe. The problems you are experiencing are well documented throughout the CB community and other forums. You should seriously consider returning the device for an entirely different Blackberry at this time.

You will be getting advice to wait for updates so on and so forth but keep in mind there is no guarantee that future updates will remedy and/or fix the mass hardware and software problems the Storm has.

Good luck to you if you decide to keep it but I encourage you to research this site and others on all the problems people are having.
    01-06-09 12:42 PM
    I've been a member of the forum for about a year now. Been viewing it for about 2. I've researched.

I am going to the Corp Verizon store today to see if they can be of any assistance. I really think I may get the Omnia and just wait for RIM to get their act together as far as new phones go.

But thanks Cereal
    01-06-09 12:51 PM
    I've been a member of the forum for about a year now. Been viewing it for about 2. I've researched.

I am going to the Corp Verizon store today to see if they can be of any assistance. I really think I may get the Omnia and just wait for RIM to get their act together as far as new phones go.

But thanks Cereal
    great. You're doing the right thing. Again best of luck to you.
    01-06-09 12:56 PM
    the leaks are fine MSFEFE. at least from the ones i have downloaded. i went from .65 to the .75 leak to .83 leak to the .85 leak. and i can say that the .85 leak is pretty decent. a lot less memory leak much improved batt. life, and the accelerometer has improved a ton. Im pretty happy overall, i meani DO have some dust inder the screen but ya know what i am effing rough on phones and i have insurance, when i mess it up bad enough I'll throw 50 out and get another
    01-06-09 01:02 PM
    I'm not saying anything is wrong with the leaks but I knew the day I bought it that this may not be the phone for me. Let me return a phone with a OS they don't even offer technically Lol. That'll raise some eyebrows and the blame may be placed on me for the phone messing up
    01-06-09 01:22 PM
    yea well i guess i never thought of it that way. but as soon as i got this bad boy i figured i would have it for a while since i cannot get the bold on verizion. so i guess ill keep mad updating and doing all the new nerdy hacks to keep it running tip top. oh well lol
    01-06-09 01:38 PM
    Knock on wood...I haven't had anything go haywire with my phone in forever. I'm on .85.
    01-06-09 01:43 PM
    yea since i got .85 everything has been damn good, i mean there are things that could get better, but im not tripping for now
    01-06-09 01:44 PM
    Please let us know how you like the omnia. I have been on thefence due to a few issues and a few things I want that winmo has.
    I be curios to see how a storm user would like it. Also check out the saga and the touch pro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 01:50 PM
    Touch Pro is out of my league right know as far as price goes. If they came down a bit, maybe I'd consider.

Yeah I'm gonna fight to get the Omnia (after I look at it in person that is). I've had WinMo in the past and it wasn't that bad. I didn't like the non push e-mail. That bothered me a bit. The Instant Message clients sucked but those might have changed since.
    01-06-09 01:55 PM
    Knock on wood...I haven't had anything go haywire with my phone in forever. I'm on .85.
    Lucky duck Lol. I don't wanna bother with leaks. This phone sucks. Maybe I just need a new device but I'll be damned if they try to give me a refurbished phone.
    01-06-09 01:57 PM
    Touch Pro is out of my league right know as far as price goes. If they came down a bit, maybe I'd consider.

Yeah I'm gonna fight to get the Omnia (after I look at it in person that is). I've had WinMo in the past and it wasn't that bad. I didn't like the non push e-mail. That bothered me a bit. The Instant Message clients sucked but those might have changed since.
    WinMo still lacks push email? I thought this was possible now on WinMo 6.1
    01-06-09 02:00 PM
    I'm not saying anything is wrong with the leaks but I knew the day I bought it that this may not be the phone for me. Let me return a phone with a OS they don't even offer technically Lol. That'll raise some eyebrows and the blame may be placed on me for the phone messing up
    They don't care what OS you have on it they're going to wipe it when you return it anyway. What do they do with phones that are password locked, call up the owner and ask them for the password. LOL. I recently returned my phone which was pass the 30 day mark and received a new one not refurb. Verizon told me that the devices are too new and that they don't have very many refurbs ready yet. The longer you wait the more likely your are to get a refurbished phone and not brand new.
    01-06-09 02:03 PM
    I'll be there today after work to see, but I really just dont want another Storm. This phone isn't for me. I'm a BB power user... it can't keep up with me. Tried a change and it didn't work out... That's all
    01-06-09 02:09 PM
    WinMo still lacks push email? I thought this was possible now on WinMo 6.1
    Someone mentioned it probably still didn't but I'm not sure.
    01-06-09 02:10 PM
    I'll be there today after work to see, but I really just dont want another Storm. This phone isn't for me. I'm a BB power user... it can't keep up with me. Tried a change and it didn't work out... That's all
    Goodluck if you get the omnia then. If your a power user pick up a used curve and wait for bb bold on vzw. You're not going to be any more productive on the omnia compared to the storm. But that's just my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

01-06-09 02:14 PM
    I'll consider that, Thanks
    01-06-09 02:15 PM
    I'll consider that, Thanks
    No problem. My main beef with the omnia was how the screen worked. I also am not fond of winmo. There will be great options on vzw by March if you can wait. If you do get the omnia be sure to let me know how it is after using it for a few days. I only played with a demo and that isn't the best measure sometimes.

01-06-09 02:34 PM
    Why what is coming in March?

01-06-09 03:15 PM
    Off topic msfefe. How do you say your name fee fee or feh feh lol?

Just curious, that your real name and what's the deal with website?

01-06-09 03:26 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD