Completely unacceptable. Placed a preorder for the Storm last Tuesday with a telesales CSR expecting and paying for Saturday delivery and received a phone call stating that an internal email was just sent stating that the NEW ship date for the Storm is 12/5. As a corporate business customer with ATT I was leaving the ATT for the big V. Now, after this fiasco, the iphone launch was successful compared to this circus. Verizon, can you hear me now?
    11-21-08 03:58 PM
    You must not remember the iphone 3G launch very well then...
    11-21-08 04:00 PM
    Wait, you mean the iPhone 3G launch where everyone went home with a brick in their pockets because nobody could access the iTunes activation server to actually make the phone work?
    11-21-08 04:04 PM
    Wait, you mean the iPhone 3G launch where everyone went home with a brick in their pockets because nobody could access the iTunes activation server to actually make the phone work?
    My brother picked one up, was incensed. So he took it back and continued using his Curve. Now he's thinking of getting the Storm.
    11-21-08 04:07 PM
    The Sheer Number of iPhone's Sold Definitely Blows the Storm out of the Water.

Apple, and AT&T were Definitely Prepared for their Releases-

They had just enough in Stock to meet the Demand.

The Only Problem they ran into was activation- and this wasn't either Companies Fault.

It was due to the Sheer Success and Number of Phones being activated at once.

AT&T AND Apple knew their Market and Demographic Well, and Were Able to meet the Demand.

VZW on the Other Hand- built a huge hype, but they themselves didnt believe their own hype and doubted the Storms High "Demand Factor" from the Public.

How the Heck are you going to Release one of the BIGGEST A Class Phones in your Companies History and Have such a Dry Inventory?

It seems as if they doubted themselves, or had little faith in their product.
    11-21-08 04:08 PM
    VZ will get better when they launch the Storm II. Have you seen VZ store with this many people before?

11-21-08 04:11 PM
    You must not remember the iphone 3G launch very well then...
    How about the first one? Sh*t, they had two times to get it right, and still fell quite short of perfection.
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    I agree completely that iPhone marketing and their marketing crap wasn't half as bad as this blunder VZ pulled. I was there this AM, 9th in line and they were sold out at number 6. Imagine, six???? What the **** is that all about? I am a AT&T customer and was to open an additional line just for this Storm. Yeah since I was IN the store at number 9, yes I did do the order and it is supposed to be overnighted and delivered to me tomorrow. Ya sure, we'll see!

It sounds so old fashioned to say this, but I am going to say it anyway, VZ should be ashamed of themselves!!!
    11-21-08 04:50 PM
    I feel the same way!

How the Heck are you going to Release one of the BIGGEST A Class Phones in your Companies History and Have such a Dry Inventory?

It seems as if they doubted themselves, or had little faith in their product.
    11-21-08 04:55 PM
    hey, pump your brakes. The iTunes activation software had nothing to do with at&t, thats on Apple.

P.S. the storm is a huge disappointment.
    thats all....
    11-21-08 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD