I didn't receive a holster with my storm, but didn't think anything of it until I saw someone talking about one on another post, and also the phone has settings for in and out of holster.
    01-04-09 12:40 AM
    It is up to the carrier on weather or not to include the holster, VZW decided not to. You can purchase one from then for $20 or online from various retailers.

I personally love mine and would recommend it to anyone for protection/power saving
    01-04-09 12:43 AM
    No holster w/ the storm. reign, cobaltss mod?
    01-04-09 12:44 AM
    No holster w/ the storm. reign, cobaltss mod?
    The one and only, lol
    01-04-09 12:45 AM
    Could have fooled me, Only 6 posts not 35,000! LOL nice to see you here as well

OP i bought a seido holster and it's great.
    01-04-09 12:47 AM
    Is there a holster out there that triggers sleep mode on the phone when placed in the holster?
    01-04-09 12:51 AM
    My seido does, a lot of them incorporate the feature. Just be sure to look!
    01-04-09 12:52 AM
    Is there a holster out there that triggers sleep mode on the phone when placed in the holster?
    Did you JUST ask that seriously?
    Did you even LOOK at holsters?

You know what? no..
    no holsters put the BB to sleep...
    ESPECIALLY the Storm.
    01-04-09 12:53 AM
    Yes, including the one sold at VZW
    01-04-09 12:53 AM
    I purchased VZW's belt clip holster and it was absolute crap. I returned it. The magnet did not put my phone to sleep and it felt cheap.
    01-04-09 12:56 AM
    Verizon gave the 8gb sd cards instead of holsters with the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:06 AM
    Verizon gave the 8gb sd cards instead of holsters with the storm.

You got suckered...
    I went during happy hour and got both !!!

And I got a manual in the box too....
    BEAT THAT !

Ohh ohh.. AND A CLEANING CLOTH !
    01-04-09 01:08 AM

You know what? no..
    ESPECIALLY the Storm.
    So just so I get this right...NO cases put the BB to sleep thank you so much for clearing the air on that one...

{Jack@$$}
    01-04-09 01:10 AM

You know what? no..
    ESPECIALLY the Storm.
    ... You care to explain the sleeper magnet that's in MANY cases for BB's that puts the phone in standby when it's placed in?? Hmm thought not...

01-04-09 01:17 AM
    ... You care to explain the sleeper magnet that's in MANY cases for BB's that puts the phone in standby when it's placed in?? Hmm thought not...

Wow really?
    you are NOT a member of ...
    01-04-09 01:38 AM
    So just so I get this right...NO cases put the BB to sleep thank you so much for clearing the air on that one...

{Jack@$$}
    its called sarcasm
    01-04-09 01:49 AM
    Wow really?
    you are NOT a member of ...
    ... Lol, love the pic - it was early hours in the UK and not obviously sarcastic (and about in line with many posts recently). Got me. ;-)

01-04-09 02:25 AM
    I have heard horror stories of Blackberry holsters ripping off the bottom 4 buttons (Send, BB, Back, & End).
    01-04-09 04:49 AM
    I have heard horror stories of Blackberry holsters ripping off the bottom 4 buttons (Send, BB, Back, & End).
    I don't think the holsters were ripping the buttons off, it was the sleeve pouch that was ripping the buttons off
    01-04-09 04:58 AM
    jeff31021, I just tell you plain and simple verizon decided not to provide holsters with phone box.

Something Interesting to know:
    I read somewhere owners of the storm in the UK (vodafone) were loosing there buttons. (With Vodafone they did provide Holsters with there phones out of the box) They were saying the holster was ripping the buttons off. I believe there was a post somewhere on crackberry.

So they don't provide the holster with your phone package, but they do sell it separately at the Verizon store or you can get after market such "Seidio"

I heard good reviews with the Spring-Clip Holster sold at crackberry store here is the link:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=c_CT-9g3

this holster also makes your device conserve battery by turning off your screen immediately when the phone is in the holster and when the phone is out of the holster it activates the screen.

I hope this helped?
    01-04-09 05:30 AM
    I bought the RIM Hip/Side holster for the Curve & Storm at VZW. The Storm fits tight in it ( hoping it will loosen up), but it does put the phone into a sleep type mode.
    I used the provided sleeve for my old Curve, but dont think that I would want to put my storm in a sleeve and into pockets of my jeans.
    01-04-09 08:57 AM
    I bought the RIM Hip/Side holster for the Curve & Storm at VZW. The Storm fits tight in it ( hoping it will loosen up), but it does put the phone into a sleep type mode.
    I used the provided sleeve for my old Curve, but dont think that I would want to put my storm in a sleeve and into pockets of my jeans.
    Don't worry it will I have one myself

01-04-09 05:13 PM
    I didn't receive a holster with my storm, but didn't think anything of it until I saw someone talking about one on another post, and also the phone has settings for in and out of holster.
    From what I am reading about the Storm, they don't include a holster because they know you will be sending it back so they are just including a return envelope! Ok, I am just kidding sorry about that
    01-04-09 05:36 PM
    Here in Canada we got a leather case for it included, just a small sleve that the storm fits quite snug in.
    01-04-09 05:40 PM
    Here in Canada we got a leather case for it included, just a small sleve that the storm fits quite snug in.
    I am jealous of you!

I only end up paying 100 bucks with a 2 year with my phone
    01-06-09 01:33 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD