Hear me out ultimate Storm lords!!!! I seek your audience and knowledge!

Today I went ahead and finally got my Storm down to my firm's IT to setup the BES account and all that.

1.) I noticed the Storm runs slower. When I hit the lock button i get the tiny thinking clock for about 3-4 seconds (very fast locking before BES). Why and any advice?

2.) Internet no longer connects to webpages, I get some weird HTTP 500 error or something. Why and any advice?

3.) Did battery pull just now to see what the deal is and I get after the whole startup a message i never seen before:

Application Permissions
    Do you want to allow the application SMSWakeUp to receive sms messages?

_Do not ask again

ALLOW DENY

What in the blue **** is going on. By the way running official .75.
    02-13-09 10:13 PM
    Welcome to locked down capabilities of your device. It's on BES, call your IT dept.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:06 PM
    Nice IT policy

02-13-09 11:14 PM
    For your browsing issues, try changing the default browser from Blackberry to Internet, seems your BES admins don't know what they're doing and may have enabled MDS but configured it incorrectly. As for SMSWakeUp, they probably pushed it out during the application of the IT policy / Enterprise Activation. They may be using this to be able to power on your device if it's lost/stolen so they can do a remote wipe on it.
    02-13-09 11:15 PM
    If you don't mind me asking Mr Marco, you wouldn't happen to have a Govmnt job would you?
    02-13-09 11:31 PM
    No I do not have a government job. I work for a huge mega international professional services firm.

Anyways these IT guys are real pros and they do this day in and day out for who knows how many devices and the entire range of blackberry devices on the market. My buddies don't seem to have any complaints with their BB after getting connected to BES.

Maybe there are some options i need to toggle back on and all that. Wondering if anyone here knew what I should do. What's really bugging me is that SMSWakeUp. I don't know what to choose so my screen is stuck on that prompt until i figure out what i need to do.

I can always run back to the IT guys quick and sort it out, but that will be on Monday, so any help here is greatly appreciated.

And yes our devices can be remotely wiped if lost or stolen. Can't have client information running around in the wrong hands.
    02-13-09 11:37 PM
    If your IT guys were really pros, they would have tested your device after BES activation and before they cut you loose with it.

Permissions for alps can be reset. Just pick something and go on with life. If you're that worried, call the emergency IT number.... Or are the pros not good enough to have that available to their users?

02-13-09 11:48 PM
    Yeah we got 24/7 national emergency tech support.

I'm just looking for a damn answer here lol.

1.) what is SMSWakeUp app?

2.) Do I want it on or off?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

And you can't blame the guys for wanting to go home as fast as possible on a Friday.
    02-13-09 11:54 PM
    Read again. I said you can change app permissions later if needed. Just Allow and go on with life for now.

02-14-09 12:15 AM
    Where can I find app permissions, let alone the one for SMSWakeUp?

I'm starting to get worried that the firm can some how now read all the data my device receives, SMS from friends... even blackberry messenger convos.

Is that possible?
    02-14-09 12:22 AM
    Yes. BES attachment invalidates your privacy. This should have been explained to you BY YOUR IT STAFF.

02-14-09 12:25 AM
    I received an e-mail with all the info i need to know about policies and all that, just didn't get to read through everything.

So again, where can I find app permissions in order to change them?
    02-14-09 12:28 AM
    In the Help forum. Read through some topics before you go monkeying around unknowingly. There is a lot to learn, but you won't ever be able to keep them from seeing what you're doing if they want to look. If you want privacy, get off BES.

02-14-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD