Hello everyone!!

I know I seem like a noob since I am new here, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I spotted a BlackBerry Storm tonight at Tim Hortons in Mississauga. I was able to play with it, by asking the guy who had it if I can play with it.

I asked him if I can take a photograph but he was not sure about it so I did not bother to push him to let me take a picture (Just wanted it to show it to my co-workers), but anyways I have to say the device looks very slick and it is just as big as the Bold in dimensions, and it feels right in the hands.

Although, I don't know what version of software this one had it, the touchscreen was not so good, at least not as good as the iPhone's touch screen.

Oh, and it was running on Rogers (EDGE) but it was a Vodafone branded device.

The person I spotted with the Storm apparently works in the development department at RIM or something of that nature.
    10-26-08 02:01 AM
    Thanks for the info I wish I could play with a storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 02:33 AM
    you should have knocked him in the nuts and ran away with it
    10-26-08 02:38 AM
    you should have knocked him in the nuts and ran away with it
    lol, I wish a mother fu ck er would.... lol, I'd kill em.
    10-26-08 07:30 AM
    You switched carriers, Crucial?
    10-26-08 07:59 AM
    Hello everyone!!

I know I seem like a noob since I am new here, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I spotted a BlackBerry Storm tonight at Tim Hortons in Mississauga. I was able to play with it, by asking the guy who had it if I can play with it.

I asked him if I can take a photograph but he was not sure about it so I did not bother to push him to let me take a picture (Just wanted it to show it to my co-workers), but anyways I have to say the device looks very slick and it is just as big as the Bold in dimensions, and it feels right in the hands.

Although, I don't know what version of software this one had it, the touchscreen was not so good, at least not as good as the iPhone's touch screen.

Oh, and it was running on Rogers (EDGE) but it was a Vodafone branded device.

The person I spotted with the Storm apparently works in the development department at RIM or something of that nature.
    I don't understand what your trying to say here. Are you talking about the responsiveness and lag or a hardware issue? That just seems to contradict every review I've read about the Storm.
    10-26-08 10:02 AM
    For some reason I am just not beliving he even saw the phone
    10-26-08 10:20 AM
    Hmmm...the touchscreen should be the same as the iPhones. They have the same type of touchscreen technology...other than the SureClick.

10-26-08 10:22 AM
    SureClick.

SurePress you mean?
    10-26-08 10:48 AM
    For some reason I am just not beliving he even saw the phone

I agree.

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but the whole story sounds fake. Although not impossible, I don't know why someone working in development at RIM would be so happy to just hand over the phone to any old person that asks. And the response to whether the OP could take a picture sounds fake. It's either yes or no. I highly doubt he would be "unsure," and wishy-washy.

Well, who knows. That's just my take. I could be completely wrong.

The lack of detail and the indirect dig at RIM and props to iPhone makes me wonder.
    10-26-08 11:39 AM
    Yeah I doubt it too... I played cards with 2 guys from RIM on friday and one of them had a storm, he wouldn't let me touch it or tell me much about it.
    10-26-08 12:57 PM
    Yeah I doubt it too... I played cards with 2 guys from RIM on friday and one of them had a storm, he wouldn't let me touch it or tell me much about it.
    I hope you took all his fracking money and then kicked him in the balls later in the parking lot. What an ***. You can tell him I said so. lol
    10-26-08 01:03 PM
    I think he mentioned on HOFO that he was getting the Verizon Storm 9530.

Welcome to the best network on Earth, Crucial.
    10-26-08 01:36 PM
    I think he mentioned on HOFO that he was getting the Verizon Storm 9530.

Welcome to the best network on Earth, Crucial.
    I believe his current device is the Niagara. The Storm has already come and gone passed him.
    10-26-08 02:59 PM
    I agree.

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but the whole story sounds fake. Although not impossible, I don't know why someone working in development at RIM would be so happy to just hand over the phone to any old person that asks. And the response to whether the OP could take a picture sounds fake. It's either yes or no. I highly doubt he would be "unsure," and wishy-washy.

Well, who knows. That's just my take. I could be completely wrong.

The lack of detail and the indirect dig at RIM and props to iPhone makes me wonder.
    No, not really.. every other person at RIM is using the Storm these days.

AND RIM does have an office in Mississauga and their HQs are just 1hr drive from there.

Most of all, why would the OP lie about this?!!?
    10-26-08 03:10 PM
    SurePress you mean?
    Haha I think you know what I meant

10-26-08 03:42 PM
    Haha I think you know what I meant

Lol. No doubt dude..
    10-26-08 03:54 PM
    I don't really care whether you believe me or not...I just thought I'd let you guys know that I saw a GSM Storm. I have a Bold and I'd still take it over the Storm after coming across it last night.

He was not sure because he was afraid the pictures might end up on the net and it would eventually be traced back to him.

The guy even told me, he said you actually have to apply pressure for it to work (the touchscreen). I was shocked because from what I have seen on the net the screen is supposedly better on the Storm or equivalent to the iPhone.

He also hinted at the 8900 when I mentioned it and said he prefers the Bold over the Curve 8900, Pearl 8220 and the Storm 9500/9530.

One thing I found that was odd is that it was a Vodafone physically branded Storm but it had the Rogers Mall and all that stuff, how is that possible?
    10-26-08 05:39 PM
    No, testing a device that has to run on CDMA.
    10-26-08 05:42 PM
    *hint* *hint*
    10-26-08 05:46 PM
    The guy even told me, he said you actually have to apply pressure for it to work (the touchscreen). I was shocked because from what I have seen on the net the screen is supposedly better on the Storm or equivalent to the iPhone.
    Um... Yes... That's been one of the most talked about features of the phone for the past several months. The screen "clicks" ... it's actually been one of the features that's been praised by almost everyone that has reviewed it...
    10-26-08 06:13 PM
    To the touch screen; Kevin in his review of the storm this week stated it felt more like glass but had that 'click' to it. I was at an Apple store today playing with the new Mac book and it has a new click mouse touch pad. It 'clicks'. ... Wonder if it's similar?
    10-26-08 06:58 PM
    To the touch screen; Kevin in his review of the storm this week stated it felt more like glass but had that 'click' to it. I was at an Apple store today playing with the new Mac book and it has a new click mouse touch pad. It 'clicks'. ... Wonder if it's similar?

Didnt kevin mention something about imac doing this in there new computers, i assume that must be it but i thought he meant the monitors
    10-26-08 06:59 PM
    He also hinted at the 8900 when I mentioned it
    New flash. The 8900 will actually be 9300/GSM and 9330/CDMA. That's what I heard.
    10-26-08 07:00 PM
    Wow, I'm so jealous! I'm still waiting on the Storm and you're already onto the next thing.
    10-26-08 07:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD