Since I've installed 5.0, I've felt the need to throw my phone against the wall, run it over, kick it, or just the classic smash it with my bare hands. These are feeling that I haven't felt since at least 4.7.0.109 or so. Let me start with the basics--

Before I initially installed the OS, I shrunk it down, like I've done with almost every OS. After the first install I was really happy with the performance, but quickly noticed some major issues. Facebook, AIM, and almost everything that was installed from app world previously would NOT install. So, I wiped the phone, and installed a full vanilla setup of 5.0 (no shrinking).

After the reinstall, those same problems continued until randomly it decided to work. (after ~10 reboots, and 50 tries just clicking "reinstall" or going to the mobile website to install Facebook). Once I sorta got that figured out, it seems that App World is completely "effed" up in general. Things don't install right, it claims everything is archived even though I deleted all the archives in trying to troubleshoot it. Archived program will not delete, nothing but problems.

So, those frustrations aside, I am now realize that the radio code is terrible. I have full bars, and the data keeps dropping to 1x or 1xev and it refuses to come back without a phone reboot. And even when it is "working," it is quit slow and seems quit erratic while it's trying to download something. Sometimes it will be quick for 15 seconds, then just sit there for 5 minutes. These are problems I haven't had in a long while.

Those are pretty much the 2 major problems. The new features rock, but these major issues (yes, they are major issues) are really ruining the experience. I'm ready to smash the phone, or at least march into a VZW store sometime next month and politely demand a fair price on an Android phone because I'm deeply disappointed in my first blackberry.
    10-26-09 11:38 PM
    did you ever think of getting it replaced if you really are having all these issues.
    10-26-09 11:41 PM
    did you ever think of getting it replaced if you really are having all these issues.
    See last paragraph.
    10-26-09 11:42 PM
    See last paragraph.
    yes but why wait. Do it now and tell them the issues.
    10-26-09 11:45 PM
    yes but why wait. Do it now and tell them the issues.
    I'm partially posting this to find out if I'm the only one with these issues. Because in general I see everyone only complaining about the screen dimming when you rotate it.
    10-26-09 11:48 PM
    I have absolutely no issues whatsoever! None! No backlight issue. No app world issues. No third party application issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:56 PM
    I'm partially posting this to find out if I'm the only one with these issues. Because in general I see everyone only complaining about the screen dimming when you rotate it.
    Im sure there are other people that are having these issues.
    10-26-09 11:57 PM
    after a clean install i usually do about 4 batt pulls with 60 sec in between then install all my apps do another batt pull that works well for me.
    Also some themes don't play well so try the default till you get it running like you want.
    10-27-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD