Guys, I think my S2 is nuked. I tried to upgrade app world this evening and now I'm in constant reboot mode. Anyhow, I am following the direction of this link: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com and when I get to the application loader to install applications for my device, it does show my system software??

I am on the computer that I have desktop manager and for some reason it is not recognizing my device? This all under step#3 by the way on the above link.

Can anyone help??? Why would it not recognize my device if plugged in?
    06-14-10 10:48 PM
    because its looping - it only sees it for a second. thats why you need to follow the directions. Make sure you have only one OS installed. It may not say update.. but let it go through the steps. it will work.
    06-14-10 10:56 PM
    because its looping - it only sees it for a second. thats why you need to follow the directions. Make sure you have only one OS installed. It may not say update.. but let it go through the steps. it will work.
    but it is giving me a "unable to complete loading operation" ?? In other words it's not even giving me the option to select the applications because it shows there is not system software.
    06-14-10 11:09 PM
    Have you tried seeing if BBSAK will recognize your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:16 PM

but it is giving me a "unable to complete loading operation" ?? In other words it's not even giving me the option to select the applications because it shows there is not system software.
    Pull your battery, leave it sit. Close out of DM and/or apploader, and put your battery back in. If it still wants to loop, pull it back out and keep it out until you start apploader and get to the screen where it would show your device in the drop down list, then put your battery back in.
    You'll have to be quick as the PIN will show for just a moment but when it does quickly hit next, and from there it should go normally.
    If it's not looping then skip what I just said and continue.
    06-15-10 12:45 AM
    Pull your battery, leave it sit. Close out of DM and/or apploader, and put your battery back in. If it still wants to loop, pull it back out and keep it out until you start apploader and get to the screen where it would show your device in the drop down list, then put your battery back in.
    You'll have to be quick as the PIN will show for just a moment but when it does quickly hit next, and from there it should go normally.
    yeah, I've done that...it's the next step that gets me. I get to the device application section and it will not then recognize the system software? Any other advice? Thanks!
    06-15-10 04:33 AM

What is BBSAK?
    06-15-10 04:49 AM
    What version of Windows are you running?
    06-15-10 10:32 AM
    What version of Windows are you running?
    XP...can I ask why?
    06-15-10 10:42 AM
    XP...can I ask why?
    There's a couple instances where it matters; folder locations and a couple options.
    Anyhoo. Let's try a fresh install: go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> click on 5.0 for BlackBerry Smartphone, and uninstall it. After that, reboot, find your installer and reinstall it again, and restart again.
    Now what you want to do is wipe your device, and there's several ways to go about this. By default apploader will pull your info/settings off the device, wipe it, and put everything back on after it loads the OS software. And quite a few people on CB will say that's all that's needed, which technically is true. It's the quickest and least intensive option, so I'll list it first.
    Then there's BBSAK, which is a nice program but not one I use much - tried it twice but didn't like how it restores all the apps as one back onto the device. All the apps work, but you won't be able to deal with them individually. Also, and this is my biggest gripe, it doesn't do a complete wipe. It only wipes device settings, leaves the software on.
    CrackUtil will do many things BBSAK does; however where it shines is that it will do a full wipe of application data and file system. Downside, it doesn't really do a "3rd party" app backup but will save COD's.
    I've been using BBMCP for about a month now, and so far I really like this one. (Download here.)
    After you decide which one of those you want and wipe your device to your preference, do any shrinking if you want, and go ahead and start apploader (found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ Loader.exe is the program), but don't do it from the shrinking program if you used one.
    Hopefully that'll get you back up and running. Any questions, I'll be around and with any luck, so will someone smarter and more experienced.
    06-15-10 01:37 PM
    this is exactly what you should do...one other variation of this is to open apploader threw C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader...then connect the device if it doesn't recognize it there then pull the battery out while leaving it connected ten try and run the apploader without the batt. in it if that doesn't work then try putting the batt back into it after its already been connected and the apploader is open...if none of that works it will be an exchange from your provider...depending on your warranty and or insurance status
    06-15-10 01:53 PM
    Great stuff guys. I really appreciate the help in such a rough stretch. Good news is I'm back up and running by doing what genomus said...I still don't have my me.o and task apps though. I suppose when I get a chance ill have to do a device wipe like genomus says to even though I've never done one. A little nervous about it if I'm being honest...thanks a bunch though for all the replies!

06-15-10 02:52 PM
    Great stuff guys. I really appreciate the help in such a rough stretch. Good news is I'm back up and running by doing what genomus said...I still don't have my me.o and task apps though. I suppose when I get a chance ill have to do a device wipe like genomus says to even though I've never done one. A little nervous about it if I'm being honest...thanks a bunch though for all the replies!

You can pm with questions about wiping and reloading. Nothing to be nervous about.
    06-15-10 03:02 PM
    You can pm with questions about wiping and reloading. Nothing to be nervous about.
    Exactly.
    @fuzzy - first time is a little nerve- rattling I'll agree, but you get used to it. I tend to wipe and reload anytime I get rid of an app lol
    OCD ftw!
    06-15-10 03:20 PM
    Exactly.
    @fuzzy - first time is a little nerve- rattling I'll agree, but you get used to it. I tend to wipe and reload anytime I get rid of an app lol
    OCD ftw!
    OCD lmao

the first wipe is a little scary especially seeing that reload software 502 error but after the first couple times it becomes second nature
    glad your up and running again!
    06-15-10 03:27 PM
    OCD lmao

the first wipe is a little scary especially seeing that reload software 502 error but after the first couple times it becomes second nature
    glad your up and running again!
    Totally agree. On both counts. >.<
    06-15-10 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD